See? I have The Knack! BERNIE_ORAN's Avatar

Default Thinking about starting a fan fic via twitter (BEE). Opinions?

Hey guys.

I'll be honest, i've read numerous fan fics in the past before for various titles and sources, though never have I actually wrote one myself. I like to think I have some writing experience, so I want to challenege myself to doing a fan fic, with a twist!

I've been playing a lot of PSO on the Gamecube lately - i've always loved PSO though, and i've always wanted to immerse myself in the universe. So then a few days ago I got an idea spinning in my head; to use twitter as a form of the in-game BEE system, where I would tweet (BEE) logs of what was on a characters mind, prior and during the events of the actual story.

I'm thinking of either doing a BEE log for either NOL the reporter; reporting events concerning Ragol and Pioneer 1/2 up to the time you actually quest with her - and/or BERNIE; his story through prior to meeting him to when he's off screen.

Now this 'BEE tweet' (as i'd like to call it), would be as canon as possible, and make references to things you (the player) do in-game.

E.G.
    BERNIE: Met this hunter while looking for survivors of the so called 'pleasure boat'..

Then if you had a twitter account, you could interact with BERNIE on twitter (BEE) by posting an in-game screenshot to @BERNIE of you questing with him during the Gran Squall quest.

I'm taking this twist on a fan fic as i'm trying to take baby steps with my writing, but start out by doing something a little different and minor. Heh, I say 'baby steps' and here I am saying that i'm going to take the role of an actual character AND make it canon! Don't be afraid though, the character I decide to write/tweet/roleplay will be in good hands - i've had a BERNIE character on PSO since the Dreamcast days, and have roleplayed as him every time I used him online in either PSO, EP1&2 or PSU - and i'll try to respect the character by staying faithful to their personality, as well as the canon to the best of my abilities.

So, i'm just after people's opinions on this. Would you follow my roleplay/fan fic twitter account? I don't want to start writing out drafts if it's all going to be for nothing. Feedback is always welcomed too!

Thank you.
    Last edited by BERNIE_ORAN; Apr 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM.

I've seen RP Twitter accounts done before, so it's certainly possible and I think you'd easily find an audience with the right profile and username. Put a link in your sig here or at other forums you post at and I'm sure you'd gather up some followers. Your name kinda screams "big PSO fan" as is :P

You could always maintain a discussion thread here as well. Curious as to what direction you end up taking it.

See? I have The Knack! BERNIE_ORAN's Avatar

Yes, I was already thinking about maintaining a seperate thread for discussion, feedback and updates.

I am thinking about maybe doing the two characters (NOL & BERNIE), rather than the one. Such as starting out with NOL doing her reports, and half way to 3/4 through, BERNIE would come into play in that one of NOL's reports peeked his interest and thus began his story and his true motives?

Heh, just brain storming some ideas out loud..

Thank you for your post.