Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android Babies

Where do Android Babies come from? Seriously.
    I mean, are they created by Scientists like Montague?
    or
    Created by The military?

What with Androids being nearly fully integrated menbers of the Pioneer society, it's not out of the question that they can build new Androids themselves, with no outside help whatsoever...

But the key word here is nearly.

Some of the Androids pictured in PSO (Elenor Camuel and Shino being prime examples) need "Masters" in order to exist, where others (Kireek) seem to have free will. The question is, are the free-willed newer models, or older? There is the thought that they are newer, as Shino herself identifies herself as being "an older model".

So possibly, they are indeed mostly either created by the military or by independent cyberneticists (like Montague).

But the previous cannot completely be ruled out...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2003-07-15 11:09 ]</font>

Meh. Wake me up again when a US release for PSO2 is announced, mmkay? Mmkay.

Really? A friend told me Androids were built on an assembly line.

the guy with the FOnewearl for an avatar

Nah, I think the androids are built by cyberneticists, companies, and the government. Since I believe the game states somewhere that all newer modules have free will they usually quit what they where doing and do something else like a normal person. Some androids will go and do they're own thing or they'll stay. After all they do have free will. As for babies...i dunno if replication is apart of they're instincts. SO maybe if they wanted to they'd make they're own "baby".

Now THIS is what I want to see.

Not some Terminator-movie-writing dingus who fears A.I. will take over the Earth.

Hail to the 'caseal, baby!

Some of the quests answer these questions.. esepcially shino's. Other quests include the black paper ones and Lionel.. black market for android parts means they are probably rare or hard to make.

I believe that, at least in experimental models, there is a desire toward coupling. Sue seems to be feeling shy and strongly attached to you in several quests, much the same way a young girl might act around a boy she "likes". Perhaps I only see this because I played with three male characters before a female, but I'd say a desire toward a relationship might mean that androids can, in fact, mate. This is consistant with the fact they can grow over time (level up) rather than simply being built at max stats. Also, they obviously have the capacity for internal naissance, since they can internally create more traps over time without returning to a factory. Also, Sue did have the embryonic mag cell growing inside her.

Stalfos means Elenor, since Sue is a hunewearl.

On 2003-07-15 22:23, Stalfos333 wrote:
    Also, Sue did have the embryonic mag cell growing inside her.
    Where was I at when this happened? O_o

Aye, I did mean Elenor...I apologize for my mistake. I confused the two, thinking too much about the so called "Sue" subplot.