Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Yeah honestly what right do we have to judge a person because they do not want to learn Japanese and dun have the time for it whether they have some interest or not.

I avoid the stereotypical judging BS ppl tend to show these days though cause it really don't get that srs. If they dun have the time they dun period there is no need to question that any further whether it be learning it or not wanting to.

Sig by Gama

A lot of my friends didn't really want to play PSO2 because it's not a very good game. I, however, am a Phantasy Star Fanboi and will play with a pile of dog feces if it had "Phantasy Star" slapped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Yeah, SOME interest, as in they might have other shit they're working on and game time is just game time. Or maybe they have some interest, but not enough to actually look into it yet. Or--

I want to say I'm surprised people are negatively judging other people over whether or not they'll play PSO2, but I'm really not.
    I find that a bit bizarre that someone would judge another for not wanting to play this game. In many cases, it's perfectly understandable whether it be the Japanese, the community, etc. There are plenty of things about this game that are simply not enjoyable to others. Wish people would respect others.
    PSO2 char
    ゆかり・ルルキア - Fighter/Force Newman(F)
    ライアク - Force/Techer Newman(M)
    RAH-犀 - Hunter/??? Cast(M)

Welcome to the Machine Aquayoshi's Avatar

-The perceived difficulty in actually getting into the game, i.e. downloading it, signing up for a Sega ID, doing the captcha, getting the English patch, etc.
    -Unfamiliarity with Phantasy Star, plus the language barrier, in combination with the above
    -Played PSU, hated it, won't touch another Phantasy Star game ever. (He wouldn't even try PSO...) This one frustrated me.
    -Being unable to even download the game due to bad internet and a downloader that keeps failing. (But actually, the patcher suddenly decided to work for him, so now he's into the game and this one doesn't really count.)

I really don't blame my friends for any of these. Signing up for the game is kind of a pain, and the downloader sucks. There are too many obstacles in the way for someone to take the leap, especially if they know nothing about Phantasy Star.
    Also, from what I've heard (having not experienced it firsthand), vanilla PSU was terrible, so I could see why it could leave a bad impression of the series, even though it's not really rational to judge Phantasy Star by its supposed worst entry.

Let me see:

-One tried the game leveled until 30 or so but he's always moving on from new MMO to new MMO so it was expected him to quit.
    -One managed to start playing but he suddenly stopped though I have no reason why.
    -About 15 just don't have the interest.
    -This one guy might start playing but he's a DOTA addict and hasn't free time for anything else.
    Mekhana - Ship 2 - Edelweiss Community Leader- Gunner -/- Hunter - All Awesome - CAST Supremacy

PSO2 Podcast *Ship 2 - Block 20.* 'Old school SEGA Fan', 'MMORPG bittervet', 'The guy with a foreign accent'

I feel as though my other friends would like to play, however explaining how to DL the game and get the sega ID, to one friend (and figuring it out for myself) was enough for me. My other friends are a bit on the- ADD side as well, I can't ever get them to focus! XD

Went in this with 4 main friends from other games/just know in general, only 2 survived.

The first two survived up to the lv.40 cap and a little bit around the time before Sega nerfed vendortrashing (remember running around Floating Continent MPA for an hour or so and making half a mil?) and before Fighter/Gunner/Techer first came out.

Basically since the whole game was about MPA'ing that just bored the shit out of them, understandable. They did like the TAs but that wasn't enough especially since game rewarded you more for aimless MPA running better and even now we only got two new TAs since then.

One of them was also willing to throw money at Sega but that was around the time that there was major issues with foreign credit cards so that put one guy off a little more as well. They both simply just didn't find the combat interesting enough even though they both played melee. Between the snoozefest nature of MPA zerging and the fact they both had a taste of Vindictus' combat this too was understandable.

Last 2 survived, got lv.60/60 characters, etc, and waiting to see how Extreme Quest turns out. Not even sure how they made it, now sure I make it at times. One of survivors only log in at xx:45 on the clock to check for Falz, if no Falz he bounces if his TACOs are not up lol. The other guy like most others who still play this game actively is disappointed with the game overall but don't expect any better out of it anymore.
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

i tried to get 2 of my friends playing it the first one said that downloading and installing it looked to crooked and the other one, being that hes slightly racist, says that he doesnt play asian made games (but he didnt say it that nice.)

although i myself started playing and got a little frustrated with the grind and the game being alot more complicated than psu. But im looking to get back into it when dumans get relesed.

i miss psu

Quote Originally Posted by Syklo View Post
    "Not in english" (That's why you do your homework!)
    "Fuck this I'll play DOTA" (Respect = lost)
    "Levelling is so slow" (Respect = lost)
    "Can't handle it" (Fair enough)
    "Solo'ing is boring" (Fair enough)
    "I can't solo this, cbf practicing and I needed your help ASAP" (You expect me to spoon feed you to end-game?)
    "Dudu eats all my things" (I'm sorry but that's too bad! Tolerance.)
    "Did not understand tutorial; got boring" (Fair enough..?)
    "Terminology is too confusing/I don't get this game" (THEN DO YOUR HOMEWORK YOU LAZY ASSHOLE!)

Yeah, many idiots.
    Thank you, here some internets you earned. I couldn't have said it better.