Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

There wasn't a single thing in that trailer I didn't like.

Also, Echo's outfit. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    Spoiler!
    (boxed because [s] tags break in regular spoiler)

I eagerly await this. I'm thinking, maybe they'll add another hybrid base class when they add another race. Maybe beasts? It's hard to say. I mean, Wopal looks like it's all beach, without any traces of anything that even slightly resembles a jungle off on the horizon - which is exactly what they've made a point to do in every previous level. In forest you see the mountains where tundra is, in forest and tundra you see the tree in ruins. In desert you see pits and holes into the dark abyss beneath the surface where the mines are, and in the caves & amduscia campship you see the floating islands. About the only thing you can't see from another level so far is sanctum, since it seems to consist entirely of floating blocks instead of being on one of the islands - which suggests to me they hadn't planned that far ahead or fully fleshed out the idea when they originally created caves.

So that suggests to me that either jungle, which I'm fully confident they WILL add eventually (probably next), may not even be on Wopal. Or maybe it is and it's just not visible from the beach level, and that fact is completely meaningless and I'm reading too much into how far Sega plans ahead. Or they didn't want it on the horizon for some reason, or it is but they just haven't really shown it on camera yet because it's only in one far off direction.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    (boxed because [s] tags break in regular spoiler)

I eagerly await this. I'm thinking, maybe they'll add another hybrid base class when they add another race. Maybe beasts? It's hard to say. I mean, Wopal looks like it's all beach, without any traces of anything that even slightly resembles a jungle off on the horizon - which is exactly what they've made a point to do in every previous level. In forest you see the mountains where tundra is, in forest and tundra you see the tree in ruins. In desert you see pits and holes into the dark abyss beneath the surface where the mines are, and in the caves & amduscia campship you see the floating islands. About the only thing you can't see from another level so far is sanctum, since it seems to consist entirely of floating blocks instead of being on one of the islands - which suggests to me they hadn't planned that far ahead or fully fleshed out the idea when they originally created caves.

So that suggests to me that either jungle, which I'm fully confident they WILL add eventually (probably next), may not even be on Wopal. Or maybe it is and it's just not visible from the beach level, and that fact is completely meaningless and I'm reading too much into how far Sega plans ahead. Or they didn't want it on the horizon for some reason, or it is but they just haven't really shown it on camera yet because it's only in one far off direction.
    From what was found through datamining, there's 3 new areas mentioned there (including the coast area). The other 2 are a 3rd area for Lillipa, and one that is mentioned as seabed.
    I think it's likely that these 2 are the ones that will be released in September and November.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Oh my god they're fighting that boss on a raft with turrets...

ty sega ;.;

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    http://pso2.jp/ep2/
    the ep2 subpage
    I KNEW IT.

There's a third, greyed-out tab that refers to system updates. I fully expect to see a good amount of stuff in that tab when they release that information.

But of course, I'm not getting my expectations too high. This is SEGA, after all.

Surely they would have that tab regardless of what they do.

Well, naturally.

Is it just me, or do the new bosses look waaaay better than any of the existing bosses art-wise?

i hope they aply the day time -> night time on all the other areas.

but if the game is being a sucess, sega says it is so might be true.

it should get better to keep their playerbase.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

I'm really completely torn. On the one hand, the de rol le feels like an uninspired knockoff and hollow gesture to try to grab the attention of PSO fans, but then on the other hand reinterpretations are part of what I love about PS and I'm fully aware that a large portion of what I liked about PS in the first place was itself a reinterpretation.

I guess I'm just disenfranchised by what they say they're doing or are trying to do, compared to the way in which they're doing it, or in spite of what they could be doing to really improve the game. Like, the new stuff is nice, but isn't what's needed to make the game great, and will of course just become more stuff we repeatedly go through like everything else already is. Extra layers of things to do don't really address the replayability that everything could have if given proper attention, because they're either ignoring it out of arrogance or aren't even aware of it.

I sound bitter and am needlessly bringing the thread down, so...sorry about that.

That said, the day/night cycle sounds pretty great, and is leaning towards the kind of replayability I say the game needs. We'll see if it winds up being a great addition, or just them cutting content into halves.

pretty sure that grayed out thing will be mini room and midget partners
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget