Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yea xbox 360 controller (well microsoft made anyway)
    Just plug and play
    Except the button layout is different.
    Might be japanese 360 layout....not sure...
    Either way I've gotten use to it...
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

The game works well enough with a controller. A nice feature of the game is the ability to remap your controller functions to change up depending on the view mode. This allows me to customize the controller for left-hand only optimization when in TPS mode, and then dual-control using a trackball/mouse in the right hand for precision aiming tasks.

It'll take some getting used to having your controller orientation completely switch up on the fly, but I find it works well for what I want it to do.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Jun 20, 2013 at 08:51 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I, too, really enjoy Joy 2 Key with a 360 controller. It lets me do custom button combos that the ingame settings would not allow, like holding down a button to do another feature.

So for my weapon palette, I have the 1 key bound to up on the dpad, but the 3 key bound to holding up on the dpad for .2 seconds. Tap it: get weapon 1. Hold it: get weapon 3. It's a nice way to customize things, since the controller hasn't really got enough buttons for PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraiola View Post
    have you tried downloading and installing this?

IMO I prefer PSO2 on a controller, it just feels more functional to me.
    I did sadly the lights on the controller just keep flashing, I've tried seaching countless threads on the issue also.
    You Mirin bro?

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I, too, really enjoy Joy 2 Key with a 360 controller. It lets me do custom button combos that the ingame settings would not allow, like holding down a button to do another feature.

So for my weapon palette, I have the 1 key bound to up on the dpad, but the 3 key bound to holding up on the dpad for .2 seconds. Tap it: get weapon 1. Hold it: get weapon 3. It's a nice way to customize things, since the controller hasn't really got enough buttons for PSO2.
    Have you set anything else up on the controller? Been thinking about picking that program up for awhile now.
    PSO2
    テレサ Lv65-Hunter Lv49-Fighter Lv60-Ranger Lv40-Braver
    My Youtube Channel / Join the League

I use my X-Box controller to play it through my laptop. It's weird because I'm actually using a mix of both. I find myself pressing the numbers to use items and hitting shift +X and Y on the controller to perform my extra button actions.
    PSO2 Screenshot Albums: Here

The freeware version of xpadder is still floating around. It's the internet man, everything is free.

I use a Logitech X-Box controller in this game and sometimes the buttons make noise. I wouldn't play this game without a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    You guys realize he's asking about the Original Xbox controllers, not 360? Because PSO came out on the original XBox.

PSO2 should still autodetect a controller of some sort, as long as the proper drivers are installed, though.
    Oh good god, the problems I used to have with drivers using a homemade adapter for classic xbox controllers. The memories, they burn.

Just go get a 360 controller.

I'd rather a controller with a workable d-pad