Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

The reason there's complaints is that SEGA puts forward a feature and people get excited for it, expecting what should happen finally, but it doesn't because SEGA is incompetent.

When subclass EXP was announced, you should've seen the excitement from JP players. The entire Nico stream was full of おおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおォおおおおおおおおおお おおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおお おおおおおおおおおおお for about 5 minutes or something. I'm sure most people aren't excited anymore.

That's all there is to it.

how does it affect anyone negatively? as someone mentioned previously somewhere: normal mode and hard mode become a wasteland for newbies
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

It means that they've decided on how to implement this feature, and unless they make a habit of going back and revamping features completely that they will not implement something for high level characters.

So yes. The loss is a potentially better feature. This will be "good enough" until PSO3.

read on on F2p buisiness models and you will find out why.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

don't blame it on f2p, especially when even the shittiest f2p games don't have shit like 1 time character creation tickets instead of permanent slots
    f2p by sega is even worse than nexon
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    don't blame it on f2p, especially when even the shittiest f2p games don't have shit like 1 time character creation tickets instead of permanent slots
    f2p by sega is even worse than nexon
    You forgot this is the same person who compared ppl whining about premium to ppl asking for food stamps. Do you not understand how single minded and condescending she can be?

Sig by Gama

New photon blasts!!!

/still going to use Cetus Proi on melee anyway
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    You forgot this is the same person who compared ppl whining about premium to ppl asking for food stamps. Do you not understand how single minded and condescending she can be?
    that was before someone explained to me how the f2p buisiness model works. they need to keep you playing so they cant let you get what you want too quickly.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    that was before someone explained to me how the f2p buisiness model works. they need to keep you playing so they cant let you get what you want too quickly.
    Hmmm...okay I hear ya fair enough.

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    how does it affect anyone negatively? as someone mentioned previously somewhere: normal mode and hard mode become a wasteland for newbies
    Kind of wonder how many "well established" people actually leveled their low level classes through normal. My guess is, not a whole lot, since CO-feeding up to 30 is more than manageable. 40 is doable with some patience (abusing TA's, various random daily COs from the likes of Hans and such). And it's not necessarily going to be the case that everyone's going to grind their other classes up via leech-method on the main class either.

Other than that, newbies profit right now from the fact that the start of the game is extremely mellowed down (going by what Zenobia said). I'm not quite sure how long they'd actually spend on Normal and Hard right now though. I can find out eventually; I FTP-served my client to a mate of mine who started out yesterday late-night.

Ultimately with more and more game features being added that work from the get-go, the lower levels will only become faster and faster anyway. It shouldn't be that big of an issue. Wasn't ARKS Road some tutorial system or so? Maybe that'll give new players gear or so to help them level faster?
    Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    It means that they've decided on how to implement this feature, and unless they make a habit of going back and revamping features completely that they will not implement something for high level characters.
    Item Grinding & Tekking Lab got adjusted as part of the whole economy revamp. TA's were also altered to support 1-man attempts instead of needing a party. Not sure if you classify TA as a feature of the game though. (And this is not specifically for high-levels, though with the amount of MST gathered through it, as well as higher levels simply having better gear and thus being able to do it at a much faster pace, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    So yes. The loss is a potentially better feature. This will be "good enough" until PSO3.
    I'd not judge this as it is, I'd judge it the moment they're not going to make adjustments as the game progresses. By that I mean level cap raises, additional difficulties, etc. 'sides that, if using the average response (that means not yours specifically, before I get labelled again) around here as a basis, perhaps the JP fanbase feels the same and will start plugging in various suggestions. If they're that disappointed, then maybe it'll get altered further down the road.

All in all though, in general though, one could say expectations were far too high.