Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Over 150 pp for a hunter?

I everone! i have a question about a video i saw today of a good hunter soloing ruin boss with 1 hp and i was wondering how did he manage to get over 150 pp? what kind of gear or stat do he use? thx for the answer in advance

Dark wings with quartz soul and PP boost will get you 149 PP, and his weapon probably had quartz soul. I use this combination myself from time to time, but it's generally more effective on a fighter than a hunter due to fighter's shorter PA animation times and reliance on mobility and evasion, as opposed to hunter's general emphasis on guarding and hyper armor.

Its pointless to have that much PP when the guy doesnt even utilise it to below 50%.
    As a Hu/Te myself, with Kagu's ability and Techer's PP restorate, I find 120PP more than enough anyway.

1) This video was made before PP Slayer was implemented.
    2) This guy is using Hu/Fi, not using Kagudachi, and cannot use PP Restorate.

Well, the setup is mainly useful for high damage PA's with short animations spammed for quick damage. That's not something hunter has a lot of on swords, wired lances, or partisans. Fighter has loads of attacks like that, though. Five uninterrupted deadly archers is something to behold - and before anyone says to "just do another attack to get the PP," the time it takes to do that attack is often enough to lose that window to use the last deadly archer.

I play with dark wings and 6* spike set, and I'm always noticing I have a cap on my PP with the spikes. Dark wings? I've actually forgotten I have limited PP. It almost never runs out. That extra PP makes just the right amount of difference that I can get the last deadly archer when I need it in one area, and PP recovers while I move on.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Jul 4, 2013 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Dark wings? I've actually forgotten I have limited PP. It almost never runs out. That extra PP makes just the right amount of difference that I can get the last deadly archer when I need it in one area, and PP recovers while I move on.
    This is the truth. With >140PP in the pocket, you just dance through the battlefield without even knowing it.

Meji | Ship 02 | LV75 Bouncer/Hunter | Proud leader of Celestial

my hu got 166 pp

Sig by Gama

Black Wings for life.

Guess I need to buy the other 2 wings.... I only have 110 on my hunter/fi

by Black wings you guys mean Lux soir set?