Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's not bad in most places. Enemies like El Ahdas are evasive but they're also large targets.

Now imagine a place whose primary enemies are Diggs with wings. Lots of them. It's really dumb.

Using knockdown moves on aerial target as melee helps... unless the enemy is in outer space.

B> Aiming Step. SEGA pls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9mdWr40kBA#t=20s

You said Aiming Step and I knew exactly what game you were talking about. I absolutely love TODR's battle system and it's probably the one thing that'd convince me to learn Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    Well I use uncharge resta if my hp just happens to only have like 50 off the max.

That's about it.

Also I have no problem with aerial enemies, but that's as a force and aimboots ;p I haven't even tried hunter/ranger yet. Though, ranger sounds like it wouldn't be a problem either. As for hunter, it'll probably be the last class I start leveling up anyway. I like movement a lot.

And I haven't really been to sanctum yet ;o I stopped playing for half a year.

Also I like having jumping just as an aesthetic thing cause games without jumping at all are weird. And it's nice for dodging things in this game sometimes.
    Ranger is the least elusive during combat unless u mean sub gu and use a pair of all class twin mechs. So if u like movement, u wont like the ranger grind.

i agree with the OP but for different reasons. the reason psp2/i was better was because the chain system made for more engaging combat instead of what we have in pso 2 wich is:attack once to generate a JA frame,GG monster. also since the game was balanced around the chain system monsters had far more hp. also 3 step pa's are WAY better than what we have in pso 2.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

SFS/Nth Gen Interactive Rayokarna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    PSO2 gameplay better, just a few mechanics are bullshit and balance is horrible.

Also do you mean PSP2? or PSP2 infinity? PSP2's balance was even worse... pretty much being everything outside of melee being garbage, weak damage and burns up PP all that being fixed in PSP2i I hear.

Also Jumping and monster hunter ripoff bosses.
    Actually, a few melee skills were just completely OP over the rest. Quite a few ranged weapons did amazing damage.

All of that was fixed in PSP2i.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

PSO2 has almost better everything compared to PSP2 besides content but PSP2 is already a complete game with shit online so PSO2 all the way for sure since theres better online and updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    PSO2 has almost better everything compared to PSP2 besides content but PSP2 is already a complete game with shit online so PSO2 all the way for sure since theres better online and updates.
    That's mostly due to the game being centered around online and being online only. Of course there will be updates as it's a currently incomplete game.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Between the two? They both had their goods and bads, but combat/gameplay wise let's see (IMOs):

Psp2: -Goods-
    1. Chain system led to a more engaging combat.
    2. Melee PAs had 3 levels of attacks.<-----PSO2 needs this if you run 3 PAs that are the same.
    3. Best AIs in the series.
    4. No charging attacks/techs

-Bads-
    1. Dodging took PP to use (really don't understand why) and couldn't attack during it.
    2. No jumping. (why don't you just jump over that 2 foot lazer fence?!)

PSO2: -Goods-
    1. Faster pace combat.
    2. Jumping/Dash.
    3. 3 Different PAs to use rather than one<---would be much better if somehow mixed with the Portable's PA system.

-Bads-
    1. Melees have to chase. (too many mobs and bosses can run*looking at you zesh and chrome*)
    2. Non-charge techs are useless.
    3. Really difficult for some weapon types to stay airborne to kill targets in the air.
    4. Less combat engaging.
    (for me) 5. Tooooo many OP as hell PAs that makes others absolutely useless and too many are situational PAs (looking at you nazan).

I can go on much longer in other categories but combat-wise, PSO2 has the better combat but just needs a few tweeks into the PAs and maybe add chaining to all weapons rather than just keeping it attacked to one skill. Although PSO2 has the better combat, Psp2 was the better game. God Psp2's RNG was by far way better than PSO2 and not to mention the extend codes.

IMO PSP2i is the best PS game in the series Sega had made so far.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Jul 16, 2013 at 01:54 AM.

I see most people go for PSO2, and they have some great arguments too. But, I don't know why, I still prefer PSP2 (never played the Infinity, Japanese ).
    Ah and one other thing that pisses me off about PSO2; if you use a potion, your character have to stop and drink it and wait for a hit . It's pretty bad, especially when you are a soloist hunter.
    Busy doing nothing...