Page 116 of 684 FirstFirst ... 1666106113114115116117118119126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 6832

uh... so... i dont know if i can ask this but anyone know of a mirror site for the english patch besides psumods?

Quote Originally Posted by darkwraith007 View Post
    AIDA, I do hope that you can read this...
    You may wish to consider having 'backup mirrors' of the various Eng Translation Patch files hosted on your website at the Arks Layer.
    Alternatively, I could upload the files on my end that I already have to a temporary MediaFire download location. I'd need to know which files to copy over and archive before I can do that.

There's one issue where I looked in the 'backup' folders that I had set up, but there are no files in those folders O_O.

Kuro, if you read the last page, you'll notice that I posted that PSU Mods website is DOWN at the moment. You won't be able to update until after it comes back up. You can play the game in Japanese or restore from an older backup if you have it.
    I didn't read it, sorry.

Lucky me I can at least read kana.

Disaster over. The other forum is back online now.

Setting up some patch mirrors to future-proof the Tweaker still wouldn't be a bad idea, though.

On that note, it'd be nice if there was an option to use pre-downloaded Main/Large Files patches so that, if we need to unpatch for any reason, the Tweaker doesn't have to download what we already have. Yes, I know the override function is there, but the Tweaker makes a backup for me so I don't have to do it myself.

Got a question about the story patch, just started the game and the tweaker sais that i have it installed...but no story content that i have seen has been translated...everything in game is japanese.
    Also thanks to one of these wonderful people here...i think i have the large files and main english patch on override which should have some things in english.

Well even with override doesnt seem like anything has been translated...still cant connect to the remote server...guess i'll just have to wait an hour or two to get the english part setup
    Last edited by LordVeral; Jul 31, 2013 at 08:29 PM.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

The Tweaker told me to post this link for you AIDA.

http://pastebin.com/9stHBTKH
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

The best way i have figured out whether or not the patches have applied is when you go to sign in and you get to the terms of service page if the buttons are translated then your good; if not the patch isn't installed. I have problems with the patches myself. The easiest way to make sure there installed is to do it yourself and not use the tweaker. download them and open them in the win32 directory. when it asks to overwrite the files just hit yes. I'm fairly new myself and I only seem to have problems after Tuesday's maintenance.
    Last edited by Serenity963; Jul 31, 2013 at 08:47 PM.

im unable to do it manually...always says when i try to extract and overwrite "7zip could not create file" or something along those lines..happens for all 34 files

Well, I have those errors happening now and now nothing seesm to be translated for me.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shear View Post
    Hello, just wanted to ask a Question just to be sure.
    Today the MIGHTY Tweaker reported a PSO2 Update, on the Question if PSO2 worked yesterday I choose yes ... yet he still checked my Files and is currently downloading 601 new ones.
    Which is weird since according to our all time favorite Blog the Update is just 25 MB.
    Is that working as intended or did mess up somewhere?
    It depends on whether or not you restore the vanilla JP files before you patch If you didn't, it has to overwrite all those as well.
    This is kinda why I think that having the tweaker auto-check (and apply) the backup if there's an update to PSO2 would be a good idea.

When the tweaker mentions an update to PSO2, I have to select "No" to updating the first time, then Restore the EN Patch, Large Files, and Story Patch manually before restarting the tweaker, so I can update PSO2 then it'll auto-update my EN/Large/Story patches for me.

I think it would be better if the process was more automatic. (I know I've suggested this before, I just thought it was relevant to re-bump this suggestion in case you missed it the other time)

If you make the tweaker;
    When it checks for PSO2 updates, if they exist it'll check for any backups that were created. If it finds backups, it'll restore them first, then it'll update PSO2.

It'll be easier for people to use (they don't have to think), allowing them faster PSO2 updates, and less downloading a gig to restore the JP Story/Large files every time they update.

It's also more streamlined this way (Instead of 'skipping the update -> restore -> relaunch tweaker -> update'. It'll just be 'Restore -> update')
    Just like the change you did to the patching order. (Before it was check for EnPatch updates -> update PSO2 -> re-DL EnPatch) (You changed it to update PSO2 -> DL EnPatch because it make more sense)

----------------

As an aside question; Is the Quna concert files part of the story patch?
    Last time I signed on for the concert (and more importantly, the Utter Falz) I had patched the EN & Large files, but I noticed the concert was still in Japanese. So I was just wondering if the concert would be English if I had also updated the story patch at that time (didn't want to get stuck at a bad block, so I skipped it), or if there's no way with the tweaker to patch her songs.

Quote Originally Posted by musicmf View Post
    This is kinda why I think that having the tweaker auto-check (and apply) the backup if there's an update to PSO2 would be a good idea.

When the tweaker mentions an update to PSO2, I have to select "No" to updating the first time, then Restore the EN Patch, Large Files, and Story Patch manually before restarting the tweaker, so I can update PSO2 then it'll auto-update my EN/Large/Story patches for me.

I think it would be better if the process was more automatic. (I know I've suggested this before, I just thought it was relevant to re-bump this suggestion in case you missed it the other time)

If you make the tweaker;
    When it checks for PSO2 updates, if they exist it'll check for any backups that were created. If it finds backups, it'll restore them first, then it'll update PSO2.

It'll be easier for people to use (they don't have to think), allowing them faster PSO2 updates, and less downloading a gig to restore the JP Story/Large files every time they update.

It's also more streamlined this way (Instead of 'skipping the update -> restore -> relaunch tweaker -> update'. It'll just be 'Restore -> update')
    Just like the change you did to the patching order. (Before it was check for EnPatch updates -> update PSO2 -> re-DL EnPatch) (You changed it to update PSO2 -> DL EnPatch because it make more sense)
    I support this!

Right today, i'v been opened the Tweaker 1st time after the update, and it prompted me to download the update files. I'v denied.
    Then it prompted about the translantion files (both EN than large ones). Denied once more.
    Same to Story ones...

Then, after Tweaker "blaming me" for all the updates, i'v clicked to restore the backups. And ONLY then, i'v clicked to check for new updates!

Whatta surprise when the Tweaker tells there was about 567 files to download and update?

So, an automated (and granted) method to restore backups and reduce the download amount is largerly encouraged IMO!
    Maybe, if wanna do it "newbye firendly", would be some setting changeable inner options, with current (or suggested) method as default.

PS: The recent downtime of translation servers/forums looks like a reinforcement of my previous tip on using more than a mirror to the files, and separated mirrors for each groupfile.