Page 100 of 576 FirstFirst ... 5090979899100101102103110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 5755

I'd take Weak over Average for hybrid for sure. Bows benefit from it on everything and katanas benefit from it on anything that matters. I imagine those (and one just maxing both stances) will become the 4 baseline builds though. I doubt we'll see any real varience until we get more skills (e.g katana build using the crit buff datamined skill).

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    It's pretty simple, really. You have +20% dmg at all times, +30% dmg on two PA's, my build has 15% dmg at all times, +40% dmg on weak points. Most of your damage vs the strongest enemies comes from weak point damage, meaning weak stance is better than 10% more damage on two attacks. Katana combat not benefiting from charge traits make them much weaker.
    I'll take 50% extra consistent always on damage without any requisite over 55% conditional damage any time of the day.

You are not always hitting a weak point. You can sit there and shout-box all you want that you are hitting a weak point 100% of the time with Katana PAs but nobody who considers practicality will believe you.

Guess what happens the moment you don't connect with a weak point? You're down 40% to my projected build. That's a pretty damn significant Achilles Heel you're taking on just for a possible 5% more damage.

Edit: If you take Weak Stance in the hybrid build, then you might as well just throw your Katana away and use a Gunslash because A.Bullet cleans up faster than it anyway. Better yet just run a bow main build and stack Ranged affixes. However...I'm not saying Weak isn't a viable choice for the hybrid build, I just think A.Stance ends up being more flexible (which is the whole point of being a hybrid).
    Last edited by Zipzo; Aug 1, 2013 at 08:55 AM.

I don't know what game you're playing, but in PSO2 it's incredibly easy to hit every single weak point on every single enemy with Katana PA's. You can also go 20% damage at all times, 40% on weak points and give up JRrecover(i don't suggest it though, but this is more damage overall), which beats out 20% damage at all times and 30% on two PA's.

Woah woah, kanran and sakura will benefit from charge?

This changes things quite a bit, I may go for weak stance charge now. It not only benefits all bow PAs but the two main ground combat katana PAs. This would mostly offset the non-weak penalty, too, bringing you from 1x damage to .99x damage. This is a big deal for kanran/sakura weak stance users.

What woa me the most is, the fact that, Karan will now go through those annoying shields and KD them senseless allow me to easily rape them into bloody puppies.

I'm just glad a lone Ga Wonda won't prevent me from slapping the shit out of everything in a 5 mile radius with Kanran anymore.

Edit: Damn, beaten.

That's also significant. I really felt like sakura not bouncing while kanran did was a lazy balancing point, like they were working on it and at the last minute said "but kanran is now the best for most AOE needs...how about we give sakura something else?"

Even if kanran doesn't KD with shield strikes the ability to repeatedly use it around shielded enemies alone will be invaluable.

edit: Modified my intended tree: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...nfsNJ2HnIb0006
    It previously had rapid shoot mastery 10 and rapid shoot up 1, but now with weak stance charge the damage I gain full time more than offsets that 15% & 50 atk for 60 seconds.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Aug 1, 2013 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I don't know what game you're playing, but in PSO2 it's incredibly easy to hit every single weak point on every single enemy with Katana PA's. You can also go 20% damage at all times, 40% on weak points and give up JRrecover(i don't suggest it though, but this is more damage overall), which beats out 20% damage at all times and 30% on two PA's.
    It's kind of irrelevant to mention that it's on two PAs when those are the only PAs anybody who's making any good work with the Braver use. Sakura/Kanran cover pretty much every single aspect of the game in terms of where and what kind of damage you need. The fact they will be doing more damage only drives this point home further.

Yeah, I'm not saying hitting weak points is hard, I'm saying you won't always be hitting them.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Aug 1, 2013 at 09:08 AM.

That's what I'm considering now too. Just not sure if its worth giving up Average yet until we get stronger katanas that can 1 or 2 shot in AQs regardless. Obviously that's not a consideration in your case though, that new spec definitely beats out your old. Though I'm curious if Charge skills buffs damage on the uncharged variants (only a factor in Kamikazes case ofc).

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Sakura, 100% of the time, will deal more damage than any other PA, at any point in time that it is used instead of another PA. It is a DPS increase to use Sakura instead of something else. Every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Sakura/Kanran cover pretty much every single aspect of the game in terms of where and what kind of damage you need
    Weird, anyways, Katana combat does more damage than Sakura on bosses, auto-attack exists, and Sakura and Kanran don't consist of 100% of your damage output making that more like a 23% damage increase overall, much less than 20%/40% or 15%/40%.