Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    Yeah...

...excuse me WHAT?

Sorry, I had to. You got it backward. Charging techs has only been a thing since PS0, and people complained that it was too slow in PSO2's alpha. So they actually made it faster, not slower. What I'm saying is that it's too fast now, making uncharged technics completely useless in comparison.
    Of course tweaking the damage would also fix that without having to nerf the charge time.
    Too fast?! You must be joking. Okay, you are Namegiding Org Blan's tail, but he effortlessly walks up to you, now what? Can't outrun anything when charging and some techniques take way too long to charge. Uncharged techs do too little damage while still draining PP. You hit something for 300 damage... but it has 9000 HP, now what?

you used the slowest charging tech in the game as an example why every other tech, which charges in a fraction of the time, doesn't charge too slow?

i don't even

but what?

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    you used the slowest charging tech in the game as an example why every other tech, which charges in a fraction of the time, doesn't charge too slow?

i don't even

but what?
    No, Sabarta takes too long, but that is second longest. Wind techs don't take too long, I think wind and fire after talents are perfect. Lightning and especially holy take a tad too long. For Namegid I meant movement speed not charge. Charging movement speed is way too slow enemies have the option to close the gap and hit you, and you need talent points to recover the loss somewhat.

Hm...I'd say my favorite addition to PSO2 would be the random fields and random monster spawning and respawning. I always hated how in the previous games (and other action mmos like Vindictus) there would only be 2 or 3 map variations and the same monsters would spawn in the same locations every time. Randomizing things keeps things fresher longer.

Least favorite? That would be CHANGE OVER CODE: CAPTURE. When I'm in a full group clobbering away at a boss, the last thing I want to do is stop what I am doing, drag it over to the capture point, and get it to sit still long enough to capture it. I don't mind capturing the boss, as long it is something you have to do from the start. I just don't like being interrupted and being told to switch gears like that.

Least favorite thing is just the emergency code/randomized map BS as opposed to actually pre-constructed, pre-thought out/organized stages.

favorite thing is the class system as well.

Someone else mentioned Code:Collect as the worst, but I just think the entire code system is just boring and un-fun. I can't think of a single fun code besides the boss spawn pops.
    Last edited by Rosel; Aug 8, 2013 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AgemFrostMage View Post
    No, Sabarta takes too long, but that is second longest. Wind techs don't take too long, I think wind and fire after talents are perfect. Lightning and especially holy take a tad too long. For Namegid I meant movement speed not charge. Charging movement speed is way too slow enemies have the option to close the gap and hit you, and you need talent points to recover the loss somewhat.
    Sabarta takes too long because it's fucking atrocious, put that charge time on grants with identical DPS, meaning more damage for a single casting, and you'll be on to something that's just fine. The only thing in question is what should be done about PP recovered while casting - a simple penalty to recharge rate while casting would leave it at where it is now.

And this is being said by someone who spent quite a while playing with a pure light spec. It would, of course, be a change that would be applied to other techs as well.

But this would just be a change in the initial casting. Not much else would change, forces would still be faceroll AOE kings, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosel View Post
    Least favorite thing is just the emergency code/randomized map BS as opposed to actually pre-constructed, pre-thought out/organized stages.
    If that changed, people would be complaining that there was never any variety and all the maps were entirely the same.

Anyway.

I can see why melee hate the ability to jump, but I love it on Fo/Ra/Gu/Te.

Favorite new thing: Subclasses, the split of Ranged Attack and melee attack damage (so hunters aren't the best at pure ranged damage anymore, in theory)

Leave favorite new thing: Low subclass exp gain when subbed, all of the stances for ranged/casting damage being located on melee classes (this invalidates the split between Ranged/Melee damage, since you'll just take Fury Stance anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Magus_84 View Post
    If that changed, people would be complaining that there was never any variety and all the maps were entirely the same.

Anyway.

I can see why melee hate the ability to jump, but I love it on Fo/Ra/Gu/Te.

Favorite new thing: Subclasses, the split of Ranged Attack and melee attack damage (so hunters aren't the best at pure ranged damage anymore, in theory)

Leave favorite new thing: Low subclass exp gain when subbed, all of the stances for ranged/casting damage being located on melee classes (this invalidates the split between Ranged/Melee damage, since you'll just take Fury Stance anyway)
    ... eh. Not really. I mean, it's not like the randomized maps provide some fun variety. It's just randomly stupid and annoying and boring.

Least favorite: Jumping
    Most favorite: More customization
    PSO2 char
    ゆかり・ルルキア - Fighter/Force Newman(F)
    ライアク - Force/Techer Newman(M)
    RAH-犀 - Hunter/??? Cast(M)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosel View Post
    ... eh. Not really. I mean, it's not like the randomized maps provide some fun variety. It's just randomly stupid and annoying and boring.
    So you'd rather have maps be like PSO quests? Where it's the same enemy layouts and the same map all the time?

Or like PSO non-quest levels, where it's randomized among a set few maps, but the enemy layout's the same every time?

I'm biased, because I like the stuff like the random boss spawns, but I'm trying to figure out what your ideal better option would be.