Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Triple/Quaddashers are like: here , this is how we do it in case you are wondering.
    N den people are like: OMG stop ruining my game experience, don't dash it's lame /haxxor gtfo

This "EXPLOIT" needs to be taken out. It's only adding more fun and depth to TA which is terrible. Everyone needs to go back to snail speed.

Quote Originally Posted by jiasu73 View Post
    This "EXPLOIT" needs to be taken out. It's only adding more fun and depth to TA which is terrible. Everyone needs to go back to snail speed.
    Amen. And when sega does gets rid of this evil exploit that dirties the purity of PSO2, they should add a drink that allows you to travel 100% faster for 7000 Meseta. It will be for premiiums only, obviously.

Spoiler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    It's not really about using a program to map button keys. Most gamepads have such features, SEGA couldn't really be able to enforce any rule banning those, so I don't think that'd even be practical.
    SEGA made the game. The could just as easily change one small bit of code such that your delay timers aren't reset when you weapon switch or preform an LA. It's clearly not an exploit or bug because SEGA programmed these delay resets into the game. It'd be like Microvolts removing swapping. At no point do you have an unfair advantage over other players because everyone has the ability to utilize dash timer resetting. Otherwise, everyone who is level 65 already has an unfair advantage over me because I'm not yet.

But dashing itself is exploiting a bug, I don't know if mods have pronounced on this issue and have decided to allow threads related to them here. In fact they did used to delete all English patch related threads until they just gave up on it. Maybe this is a similar issue. Why not ask first? Most probably they'd allow it, but I think it'd be polite.
    Considering they allow client side modification and all that English patch stuff because it's useful to other players more than it is really anything bad, they probably decided it's ok for people to post things that are useful to other players. They would've taken this thread down by now if they felt it were a violation.

I mean really, it's not like SEGA is going to have an insider spy go to this forum, figure out everyone's player IDs, and ban us.
    Last edited by Chdata; Oct 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    SEGA made the game. The could just as easily change one small bit of code such that your delay timers aren't reset when you weapon switch or preform an LA. It's clearly not an exploit or bug because SEGA programmed these delay resets into the game. It'd be like Microvolts removing swapping.
    You're giving too much credit to SEGA. Are you saying then that, while they didn't patch the machinegun glitches in PSU, they were legal (considering how it took them even years to do it)? Sure thing. One could argue that since they've coded the whole game, any cheat that can go through the protections is because "SEGA programmed the game in such a way that I can do it".

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    Considering they allow client side modification and all that English patch stuff because it's useful to other players more than it is really anything bad, they probably decided it's ok for people to post things that are useful to other players. They would've taken this thread down by now if they felt it were a violation.

I mean really, it's not like SEGA is going to have an insider spy go to this forum, figure out everyone's player IDs, and ban us.
    The English patch doesn't really do anything to the gameplay itself, and it's pretty much impossible to trace. But when you start seeing TA rankings with 2 minutes less time than what you though it was possible, you might thing there's something fishy going on there. The fact that they didn't fix it yet or that they won't ever do it doesn't mean that it's allowed, it just means that SEGA is doing other things. This game is not perfect and SEGA is far from perfect themselves.
    Last edited by Darki; Oct 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM.

I agree with jiasu73 and Darki, dashing is a glitch/exploit and should be removed as it obviously wasn't intended. I dunno how you people can defend it... Saying that "SEGA made jumps and lobby actions cancel dashes so it's fine" is a lame excuse, but SEGA also made some other exploits happen, like jumping over Naberius gates early game and they patched those since it's obviously not intentional. Are you going to argue there's nothing wrong with those?

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    I agree with jiasu73 and Darki, dashing is a glitch/exploit and should be removed as it obviously wasn't intended. I dunno how you people can defend it... Saying that "SEGA made jumps and lobby actions cancel dashes so it's fine" is a lame excuse, but SEGA also made some other exploits happen, like jumping over Naberius gates early game and they patched those since it's obviously not intentional. Are you going to argue there's nothing wrong with those?
    Nah they are gonna counter you and say they never patched the glitch on F.cont TA either just watch.

I agree it seems to be getting out of proportion, but that wasn't my intention. I don't think that pointing out that a thread might be breaking a rule is something that controversial.
    Agreed just don't let what they say get to ya.

Sig by Gama

OK, let's not argue about what's right or wrong - Let Sega decides that.
    Until Sega explicitly states that such dashing methods are hacks, illegal, cheating or bannable, for now, please keep these arguments off.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

I also think it's kinda silly to reach all the mobs faster than anybody else in an MPA, all you do is getting less spawns and fucking other people off.
    People spawning stuff in MPAs has nothing to do with their ability to dash. I've seen countless times people splitting up (while normally walking) and spawning 3 mobs while everyone else was killing the earlier one. I, myself, dash in MPAs to keep myself entertained (they're so boring) or catch up if I somehow get left behind, but I never get out of the MPA spawn range. I wait for them behind the line that triggers the next spawn.

Not to mention that your character looks like it's having an epileptic seizure and is constantly yelling sentences like he got a brain stroke. I hope SEGA makes an "oficial" way to dash because it looks so ridiculous, lol.
    Alright so now we know it's because you think it looks bad.

I and many others have lost any interest in TA rankings, since it has turned more into a "let's see who has the best dashing macro" than a real time attack competition based on skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverDT View Post
    Watch the video. It will make you a better person.
    As far as I know, neither Yumi and I use any kind of macros to quad dash. It's all in our fingers. If anything, I have remapped my keyboard to dash easier. Or are you gonna tell me that remapping/tweaking your configuration, essential and basic things in PC gaming are "macros" or unintented, you console gamer? Also, there's more to TAs than just dashing, such as strategies, gear, latency, etc...

SEGA didn't have time to patch it
    First time I've ever seen someone do triple dash was in December of last year. It's almost been a year, and even EP2 has been released. Why haven't they patched it? Because it doesn't harm the game in any way; it actually enhances it and gives it somewhat an appeal to make up for its lack of content (okay, okay, dripfeed fest).

Quote Originally Posted by Dhylec View Post
    OK, let's not argue about what's right or wrong - Let Sega decides that.
    Until Sega explicitly states that such dashing methods are hacks, illegal, cheating or bannable, for now, please keep these arguments off.
    Thank you. As it's been said, this is just a mere guide to how to do it. The definition and example of cheating in forum rules don't suit to this at all either, unless you want to argue a game mechanic (which is really similar to rocket jumping in Team Fortress 2/Quake) is an exploit.
    Last edited by Kamekur; Oct 20, 2013 at 11:32 AM.
    -PSO2 JP:
    -Kamekur (taco only) : 70/66/50/0/40/0/70 Fi/Hu - Braver
    -Akane Haruna (dropped):66/31/70/66/0/0/0 Ra/Hu - Gu/Hu
    -Akane Iremi (dropped): 30/49/0/0/70/60/53 Fo/Te - Fo/Fi - Fo/Br
    -茜泉:70/70/75/70/75/75/70/21 not Bo.
    -エリ: 70/45/1/0/1/8/70/1 Br/Hu