Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

ZRA, WHA, SS, and everything Force/Techer should boost all damage. Which still wouldn't be as good as Fury Stance.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

In the magical land of beautiful women and candy bars

I just don't want to accept being a mainstream build. I have a friend who uses Br/Fi fairly well enough; then again, not like I've seen others to compare with.
    PSP2i:
    Akira l Human (F) HU3/RA22/BR50 Lv.200
    Saiyuki l CAST (F) HU50/RA22/BR5 Lv.200

Don't worry about what's mainstream. Be an individual by doing what you actually want. If what you want happens to be the mainstream then so what? If you're trying to avoid the mainstream because you don't want to be told what to do, avoiding it is still letting it tell you what to do.

Do what you find fun, disregard others.

Well, I like trying stuff that isn't the 'mainstream', and usually I end up liking it. I'll have to look more into the Fi/Fo stuff on my own, I suppose. I see the fire/ice trees only useful to the effect of shifta/deband, but that's as much as I've read into it
    PSP2i:

I think you're missing something because shifta and deband are not only unaffected by anything in either the fire or ice tree (except casting speed) but S/D are (near) worthless only boosting/reducing damage by around 5% at lvl 16
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Definitely try messing around with more experimental skills like any of the Ignitions and whatnot, but I seriously can't even recommend the S/D-boosting skills in any way whatsoever (maybe besides Deband Cut). If you want to experiment, do it in something that will give you lots of tools to mess with.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Don't worry about what's mainstream. Be an individual by doing what you actually want. If what you want happens to be the mainstream then so what? If you're trying to avoid the mainstream because you don't want to be told what to do, avoiding it is still letting it tell you what to do.

Do what you find fun, disregard others.
    Within reason

While I agree for the most part about this, just make sure your damage isnt gimped to the point where it might hold back an entire MPA. Could mean the difference between, say, 2 or 3 runs of TD for everyone in your MPA.
    Almost 10 years later. Still forever sleep deprived.

My two cents, but you really shouldn't base your decisions on whether or not it's what the cool kids are doing. At the end of the day, being different just to be different is just going to make you feel weird or inadequate compared to everyone else. That applies to everything in life.

I agree with giga on this to a point. I do think there's worth in going out of your way to buck trends, if only to see why other people dislike it for yourself (theorycrafting is one thing, it's a whole other thing to try it personally). Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Limbo_lag View Post
    Within reason

While I agree for the most part about this, just make sure your damage isnt gimped to the point where it might hold back an entire MPA. Could mean the difference between, say, 2 or 3 runs of TD for everyone in your MPA.
    As someone who runs TD with Giga... he's the last person who cares about that.

So, with the skill tree resets, and the tech customization coming out, is there any hope for a Fi/Fo? And could someone run by me the Fo/Fi setup?
    PSP2i: