Default How I fixed my blue screen on fresh new PSO2 install in Windows 7!

Found a fix for the Blue Screen problem with GameGuard! There is two older GameGuard files that installed from original install into c:\window\system32 that most likely was causing the problems.

1. Deleted GameGuard folder
    2. Deleted the two files below from my System32 directory
    npptnt2.sys
    nppt9x.vxd
    3. Disabled DEP in Windows 7 so it does not run at all

For the first time PSO2 ran with no blue screen! Now I can test settings than install the English patch! Yay!
    Last edited by molitar; Feb 16, 2014 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    This happens every time without fail, even after a restart?
    Yes every single time. I even updated to the latest Catalyst Video drivers.

I would just like to ask. I posted this in my own topic and I may want to try this as a solution. Was this blue screen (without the driver information and when it actually happens it does so as like a square in the middle of the screen rather than fullscreen) what you were getting before? I'm not sure if Gameguard is my issue but I'm suspecting it since I never have an issue with anything else or whenever I start the Character Creator (which doesn't require gameguard to start.)

Spoiler!
    PSO2 Screenshot Albums: Here

Did you completely disable DEP?

Quote Originally Posted by molitar View Post
    Did you completely disable DEP?
    Haven't tried this method yet. The game started working for me again after I did a wipe/reinstall of all files using the tweaker. If I have more problems (which I am expecting at some point) then I will try it. For now, I'm just playing the game with patches installed, no removal of any censor files or anything else, just in case (not really sure about it being the issue, if so maybe one of the routines is removing a critical file or something) removing one of those was the issue. I'll keep this method in mind if I have any more issues.

it's gameguard being dumb, i'm getting those bsods too

(ignore those non "critical object terminated" ones, those are me overclocking my card and system not taking it well, the "critical object terminated" ones are ones that only appear after trying to launch PSO2)
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

My GF and me got this error too. how can i disable DEP on Win7 Ultimate 64Bit? We got both the same bsod like you guys

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    it's gameguard being dumb, i'm getting those bsods too
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1aXAa12.png[/IMG]
    (ignore those non "critical object terminated" ones, those are me overclocking my card and system not taking it well, the "critical object terminated" ones are ones that only appear after trying to launch PSO2)
    I figured as much. Lately it's been happening after patches or maintenance and so far re-patching using the tweaker seems to help whenever it happens. Since I did it last time even though I have gotten gameguard errors where I have to send the files in, I haven't had one more BSOD since. I never have this error with any other game that I play, and I've played WoW in 25 man raids on this laptop.
    Last edited by Jei182; Feb 25, 2014 at 10:27 PM.

Tried this on my laptop, and Gameguard refuses to launch at all without those two files. Am I missing an important step here?