Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Real advice: Abandon "PSO" itself, in favor of something new

Make a game with an original yet similar setting (futuristic, cyberpunk elements, fantasy elements, etc.) and similar visual elements & music (a focus on vivid colors, thematic music, etc.)

Do similar items (a large assortment of rares that are attainable, have actually unique abilities, make them all worth getting in some way)

That game would be pretty great, would get a lot of attention from old fans, and most importantly wouldn't get you in legal hot water

If anything, the best part about this idea is if you get enough traction you could even move on to something actually marketable, then put a price tag on it (If you make a game with similar design elements & similar gameplay elements, with some modernizations of course, you already have my money).

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

put pso is worse than pso2

pso2 isnt pso.

it dosent feel like pso, this is pretty much what they mean i think.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

oh

proceed then

pso2 lost the cyberpunk feel that pso had, if you notice pso is allot darker then pso2
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

I agree with Giga here. I've actually been having this idea to make a fictional next Phantasy Star game with a mixed group of artists (like me) who would do concept arts, musicians to make music, writers to write the story, designers that create the lore and game mechanics behind it. I wouldn't even care it it never gets build (would be cool though). I just love creating the whole concept.

My real world job is in software. I am a business requirements analyst and write down specs/requirements for changes in applications. People usually underestimate the effort needed to actually output a piece of software that even somewhat work decently and this is when you work with experienced professionals building just some boring business application. Building something as complex as a game with a random team of people I their free time, not much of a chance...

Seeing all of this about "lawsuits" and what not... so long as it isn't marketed, he's pretty much safe; And so long as disclaimers are added clearly stating that is a fan-made PARODY rather than an officially licensed product. Collect one penny profit or otherwise from the remake though, and it's game over.

It's just like Private Servers. It is not illegal to develop and distribute Private Server Software that is intended for use with PSO. What is illegal is connecting to said private server softwares as it goes against the EULA, but if not for that EULA, it would be completely legal.

Of course, there's always the possibility that SEGA would buy the rights to the remake if it's good enough. There is a precedent for all of this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_v._Accolade

Sent you a request on Skype. Currently I've been working independently on multiple server applications that would work in tandum together in a cluster. I believe I can fulfill the networking required for a PSO mock-up. Skype: Glader

This seems like a very ambitious undertaking. I am thoroughly not impressed with PSO2 and I am left wanting more after the end of the PSU servers. I will be watching closing for any progress. Let me know if story-boarding needs help. It should remain true and honorable to the series, not like PSO2.