Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

I'd really just quit. I'm not paying for a VPN. Could get banned due to IP sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by EspeonageTieler View Post
    yup only reason is racism
    I'm more inclined to believe it's good old fashioned complacency, but old dudes being closeted( or not) racists isn't necessarily an uncommon thing.

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    You're only lawful if you live in Japan, as you said you're connecting from China so you're not one of them...
    Players and SEGA are using different measurement criteria,I think
    VPN works fine for me, that's good enough

I kinda have a history and a team here so it'd be MUCH appreciated to not lose this game, plus I just started paying for prem. I also love the PSO franchise as it is, definitely my top 10. Either way if this goes to hell, yeah I'll have to accept to move on and do something else as un-productive and time consuming as PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    From my experience with Arad, even if I used a VPN the population would be incredibly small, so I'd quit. GW2 is my main MMORPG anyway so...
    oh yeah that reminds I should probably get back to my guild
    PSZ characters:
    Frost: RAcast, lv1
    Soul: FOnewm, lv40
    Socks: HUnewm, lv1
    FC: 4726 8115 1533

Quote Originally Posted by EspeonageTieler View Post
    yup only reason is racism
    Well, I wouldn't go that far, but it's pretty obvious where their priorities lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    Really? Huh, always figured Squeenix was still doing better despite the stupid choices they've been making lately.
    But it makes sense if you consider that SEGA is just a bigger company. Besides its first-party studios, it's acquired a number of others (most famously Relic Entertainment, Creative Assembly, and Index which owns Atlus) and does a lot of third-party contracting. Square Enix is basically Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Eidos games, and a handful of smaller studios. They have a very tight focus compared to other big-name publishers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    I'm going to lay this out in the most straight forward manner I can, but make the best effort to not let this be a ditto of other doom & gloom type threads.

The fact of the matter is, Japan-side we are having little to no trouble connecting to the game. Sometimes the servers show up as "Unknown" but that doesn't impede us from still successfully reaching our character select and logging on. Occasionally we get a "630" when switching lobbies as well, though that hasn't happened to me since early yesterday. I am having zero issues connecting on the vita as well. I just recently patched my vita PSO2 up-to-date and was able to get in with no issue. Currently I run under NTT Fiber Optic internet, filtered through Asahi Net (and internet provider). In Japan we must acquire both an ISP and an internet portal login service as separate services. It's a pain in the ass, but anyway...

I have seen two methods for foreign players (mostly observed through this forum) to be able to connect to the game...

- Through the use of a VPN.

With rumors fast spreading on this method resulting in a ban...this doesn't seem like a very viable or popular option for many people. As a foreign player your account details are likely "faked" and therefore it's highly unlikely you'll get soft treatment in the event they look in your direction with the use of the VPN.

- If you possess Verizon FIOS.

Verizon FIOS is not available everywhere. In fact it's available in very little areas as far as I've researched in terms of coverage in the US. This is simply not an option at all for many who are unlucky enough to not be in an area that provides it.

I have seen no reports of any other ISP or method allowing connections to the game. I'm not going to outright state that this is an IP ban or some form of "gaijin block", but let's be a bit realistic here...this doesn't look good.

So now I'm here to pose my ultimate question, and before I do I want to clarify something. Don't bother coming in just to say "There's no proof of an IP ban/IP block/ISP block". All I'm addressing is what I see, and asking a question to those affected.

In the event that this is a measure meant to prevent foreign connections, what will you do next?

- Will you continue to attempt to connect to the game through VPN or other means despite supposed risks?

- Would you switch to Verizon FIOS given it was available to your home?

- Will you quit?

I honestly ask this out of curiosity, because at the moment, for all intents and purposes and regardless of what the real problem is...the foreign community is essentially dead.

B-20 is empty (impossibru). My entire team is dead (mostly North Americans). You can say whatever you want, make whatever theory you like, but I'm telling you what this looks like, and as far as I can tell...the foreigners are getting the shit-end of the stick.

So...to repeat my question...

In the event that this is a measure meant to prevent foreign connections, what will you do next?
    For the past 10 years since the release of PSOBB in japan in 2004 I've been playing the online games from SEGA Japan without any issue or risk of an IP ban even speaking only English with jp players because my Japanese knowledge was very very basic back in the day, despite I've heard stories are just stories nonetheless, not only PSOBB but also played PSU, RFOnline Japan when SEGA was the publisher, Splash Golf, and even used to participate and write in English a small blog in SEGA link when it existed back in the day.

And to this day I never had an issue regarding bans, blocks, IP bans or stuff like that even with PSO2 despite even back in the day you saw the usual "JAPAN ONLY" sign on most online services they don't really mind, however if the management decides that foreign IP's (I'm surprised you haven't said "Overseas" already)should be blocked, I will continue to play until it's completely impossible to connect however I know this not gonna happen at all.

I love the phantasy star series and I owe to this games many teachings I've had in the past and so I will continue to play regardless of any "risk" that "might" happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Unwarsky View Post
    Players and SEGA are using different measurement criteria,I think
    VPN works fine for me, that's good enough
    SEGA is law.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    But it makes sense if you consider that SEGA is just a bigger company. Besides its first-party studios, it's acquired a number of others (most famously Relic Entertainment, Creative Assembly, and Index which owns Atlus) and does a lot of third-party contracting. Square Enix is basically Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Eidos games, and a handful of smaller studios. They have a very tight focus compared to other big-name publishers.
    Eh, true. I suppose I never really bothered thinking about it much.

I'd hop on a VPN, but probably only if it's free. If not, or if I get a ban while playing on said VPN, I'd quit.

Don't get me wrong, I love PSO2, and would wish I could keep playing, but if they don't want me on there, I'm not going to try to be sneaky and play dodge-the-banhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacoshuriken View Post
    I guess for some reason my house is immune then...

I hope we aren't citing error 107 as proof of IP block, just don't use the launcher (I launch through the tweaker), and try to force your way in, takes me like 3 - 4 log in attempts to get in.
    If anything, it's no an IP block they're just throttling outside connections, otherwise this is the most half assed IP block I've seen.
    I'm in this guys boat. Same deal here.

Its more-then-likely not an IP block, rather they're just throttling connections from outside sources in an attempt to mitigate a DDOS.

Lost Wandering Soul of Ship 10

HU : 69 | FI : 65 | RA : 68 | GU : 61 | FO : 65 | TE : 61 | BR : 62 |