Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Exclamation [Comcast] IP Block Confirmed - Now for the good news

So, I was talking with a LV3 Comcast tech - I couldn't post the entire conversation but this part is self explanatory. There is an IP Block in place, but not by Sega at least what the tech told me.

Basically, if your a comcast user - call that number and state that the website PSO2.JP is blocked, and you have no access and they'll basically give you blah blah script stuff if you get a LV1 - Hope you get at least a LV2 tech here - if you get a proper tech, then they'll direct you to this website.

http://postmaster.comcast.net/index.html

Basically, you'll then need to fill out a block list removal form (Have your comcast information handy) Bear in mind here, you can go straight to this website address but I highly suggest first that you go through the 'official' route by contact support first, and then fill out the blocklist removal form.

I have already filled out the form and I'm awaiting either the block to be removed, or more information - I have a ticket number which I'll basically contact tomorrow if the block is still in place. The Security Tech I spoke too basically said the removal (if approved) takes anything from 30 minutes to 24 hours so basically, to be safe I'm just going to assume here that it'll take a while here, since it has already been about an hour or so since I submitted the form.

Basically, all the other people here that are having connection issues and not using comcast, I'm guessing that you will have to contact your ISP and ask them to remove the block.

I'll post more information and/or if I get access.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

I'd call them, but the service isn't in my name.

Ya for me, Lv1 tech had no idea what i was talking about, I assume I got a Lv3 or something and told me to go to that exact site a few days ago, I gave them every IP I could find and I got that it wasn't on their block list for any of the IP's in the e-mail I provided

You got a bit further than me with them saying they can remove that block since I was never told this by phone or any other form, if you get further than me still please let me know, I'd like to know what I did wrong if they sent you to the same site as me

i'll be giving that security number a call thats for sure
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jul 7, 2014 at 08:30 PM.

Interesting, Virgin medias online chat center is never available... Typical.
    Hopefully they'll be automatically removed at some point, until then i can use a VPN or play other games i guess.
    13★デナーイ・゚・(つД`)・゚・ ウェ―ン

I made an account just to reply to this thread.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but Comcast is not blocking PSO2. How do I know this? Because I already filled out that stupid form last night when the noob tech I spoke to sent it to me. My request was already looked at and I got an email back saying that Comcast could not unblock pso2.jp or the ship 2 server because they were not blocked in the first place.

I've spoken to two techs. The first one "confirmed" that Comcast was not blocking the site. The second basically scratched his head and sent me to that postmaster link. In any case, filling out the form and sending it in solved zero problems.

I am going to contact Level 3 (Comcast's backbone provider) tonight: http://www.level3.com/en/contact-us/ Not sure how far that will get me but I'm getting absolutely nowhere with Comcast.

I just got off the phone with their highest tech supervisor or w/e, they can confirm that they are not blocking any connections from the US to PSO2's site or game. The person I talked to used a residential connection vpn (and even the their office connection i think) and was able to connect to the player site as well while I was on the phone with them. However the tech did let me know that apparently my IP is blocked (I guess to an extent, which leads me to wondering if someone else connects through somebody elses Comcast connection if it would work) Sega is apparently Mitigating IP's (forgot the exact word) and that I would need to get in contact with Sega to fix the issue (which we all know once I give them the IP: "service is only available in Japan etc") so I suppose it's back to the waiting game (tomorrow night)? Guess we'll find out with other peoples results

As I've said before, I've e-mailed their website for blocks with several IP's and the results all came back to being "we don't have anything on our blacklist for them"

im seeing mixed results with everyone so i suppose ill just keep waiting to see what everyone says
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jul 7, 2014 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbancowgurl777 View Post
    I made an account just to reply to this thread.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but Comcast is not blocking PSO2. How do I know this? Because I already filled out that stupid form last night when the noob tech I spoke to sent it to me. My request was already looked at and I got an email back saying that Comcast could not unblock pso2.jp or the ship 2 server because they were not blocked in the first place.

I've spoken to two techs. The first one "confirmed" that Comcast was not blocking the site. The second basically scratched his head and sent me to that postmaster link. In any case, filling out the form and sending it in solved zero problems.

I am going to contact Level 3 (Comcast's backbone provider) tonight: http://www.level3.com/en/contact-us/ Not sure how far that will get me but I'm getting absolutely nowhere with Comcast.
    Yup, when I called comcast and finally got a hold of someone. They did the traceroute themselves from a corporate account, which doesn't have any sort of IP block, and they couldn't' access it either. Anyways, good luck with the backbone provider.
    "For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    I'd call them, but the service isn't in my name.
    The comcast service I have, isn't in my name either. As long as you give them the proper information, its fine - go ahead and call them.

Quote Originally Posted by Velad View Post
    Yup, when I called comcast and finally got a hold of someone. They did the traceroute themselves from a corporate account, which doesn't have any sort of IP block, and they couldn't' access it either. Anyways, good luck with the backbone provider.
    See the thing is, if you follow the tracerts - most are ending in blackhole filters, mine for instance isn't even leaving my state. So the hop that is being filtered is either on the comcast network, or is the hop from comcast network to the Level3 network - unfortunately that information I don't have.