Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

What's so good about PSO2's music? Only thing that stands out to me, that isn't copied from somewhere else, is Sanctum's random assortment minus the dubstep segment.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    What's so good about PSO2's music? Only thing that stands out to me, that isn't copied from somewhere else, is Sanctum's random assortment minus the dubstep segment.
    Ah yes, Sanctum; AKA: Let's imitate the vibes given off by Portal 2's entire OST.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    What is being copied from somewhere else? Unless you mean previous Phantasy Star games, in which case Sanctum actually does have a part from another game lol.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Honestly... If those are best tracks those games can offer, then it only confirms superiority of PSO2 in that matter for me.
    Yeah, that confirms it, then. Your taste is fucking weird even in the context of PSO2 fans.

I don't understand how people can so much enjoy PSO2's meandering, seemingly directionless musical aesethetic. It's weird, man. The boss themes I can understand, but the soundtrack as a whole?

But yeah, music is subjective. Oh, well.

Edit: Just for fairness' sake, more tracks since only posting one track from an entire soundtrack can be misrepresentative:

Last edited by Zyrusticae; Jul 31, 2014 at 03:33 PM.

I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Yeah, that confirms it, then. Your taste is fucking weird even in the context of PSO2 fans.

I don't understand how people can so much enjoy PSO2's meandering, seemingly directionless musical aesethetic. It's weird, man. The boss themes I can understand, but the soundtrack as a whole?

But yeah, music is subjective. Oh, well.
    The OST versions are more coherent, but I agree, being random makes the field music really unmemorable. The only ones I particularly like are Quarry and Coast.

I hate PSO2's music mostly, and i hate myself for missing PSU.

After playing PSO2 for a few years, the only music that I actually hear was only during the Falz Arms fight. And that was just a cluster of loud blaring sounds.

Other than that I don't really notice the music.
    Last edited by blace; Jul 31, 2014 at 03:36 PM.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanoid View Post
    What is being copied from somewhere else? Unless you mean previous Phantasy Star games, in which case Sanctum actually does have a part from another game lol.
    Mostly just the music discs, I guess. Or lobby themes. A lot of the areas have at least one segment that's supposed to resemble something from the past series.

I usually just have the BGM muted now, though

And voices too if I've recently done an XQ
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Oh, are we sharing music, now?

EDIT:

How could I forget my favorite boss:
    Last edited by ReverseSeraf; Jul 31, 2014 at 03:45 PM.

I love vindictus's sound track. It's a shame Devcat has such an addiction to loudness. A lot of it clips like crazy. Some Mabi tracks have the same problem I: