Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

The only lobby pso2w would provably not get is the Titan one, but it could still come, PSP2 in the west included all of the anime collaborations (Evangelion, Fate, whatever else).

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

this is all I think of when someone thinks and talks about wanting to play the US version of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

this is all I think of when someone thinks and talks about wanting to play the US version of the game
    I'll take "posts that scream autsim" for 600!

Seriously though, the contempt for folks on this board that have the audacity to want a localized version of this game is cringeworthy.
    Don't judge a manga by its anime

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by May0 View Post
    I'll take "posts that scream autsim" for 600!

Seriously though, the contempt for folks on this board that have the audacity to want a localized version of this game is cringeworthy.
    Play any PS game after PSO that was released in the states then tell me what game got treated the same was as the JP versions...oh? none of them? really? oh ok. You seem new to the forums if you can still think positive thoughts of Sega of America when it comes to this series.

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Considering they just have to download a setup file, point the Tweaker to it, and hit "Install Patches -> English patch", that's... not really a good excuse anymore.

And if they don't want to use a VPN, just use Cyberkitsune's public proxy. You literally copy/paste a URL into the Tweaker, and you're done.

As for signing up, I have a full registration guide up. The only *remotely* difficult part is the captcha.

Is it really that hard to download two items, click one item, and follow a simple tutorial? =/
    Could be easier, honestly.

Tweaker still doesn't automatically install patches for me despite setting that in the options and there being a compatible patch released for that version.

It'd be nice if it mentioned the patches if you're running vanilla JP, either on start or after an install/update. Could be a single click to install all preselected patches, save for incompatible ones.

Also the proxy setup just gives you no help at all so you have to Google it for some code or something somewhere? Whatever, not gonna bother, skip.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

if you can still think positive thoughts of Sega of America when it comes to this series.
    The problem with your thinking is that the lack of PSU support was not Sega of America's fault, it was Sega of Japan's.

Play any PS game after PSO that was released in the states then tell me what game got treated the same was as the JP versions...oh? none of them? really? oh ok. You seem new to the forums if you can still think positive thoughts of Sega of America when it comes to this series.
    I wasn't arguing quality on either side, I'm talking about sperging out when someone has a difference of opinion. Find me a post where someone wanting an English version berates a JP player and mocks them for their choice. I'd love to see it. You're not the only Nihon flag waver here to be sure and while I understand your sentiment, as an impartial party I find it a bit off putting.

I don't think you'll find anyone here that will debate that anything after PSO wasn't a mess but you'll certainly find enough contempt for anyone bothering to ask for something new.
    Don't judge a manga by its anime

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    The problem with your thinking is that the lack of PSU support was not Sega of America's fault, it was Sega of Japan's.
    From what I heard, SoA and SoJ don't get along so well.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    The only lobby pso2w would provably not get is the Titan one, but it could still come, PSP2 in the west included all of the anime collaborations (Evangelion, Fate, whatever else).
    Sega would have to re-license everything that they don't own for use outside of Japan.
    "O power that lies at the root of all creation, O memory inscribed in ages past, hear my call and arise before me... Ancient Catastrophe! This is the fruit of my research."

TBH, I am rather worried about a western release of PSO2.
    Cause I fear the same shit that happened with SEA.
    And West will be a lot more behind than SEA.