Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

If it actually gets good exclusives I might consider picking one up, but if it goes the way of the DSi "exclusive" games I can do without. Already have my 3DS XL modded to output video on my PC for streaming and I never use the 3D much at all anyway. Just a shame the resolution is so terrible it's not really ideal to use my TV as a screen for it unfortunately unless I want an audience.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

Well, according to some new/old news. It seems the n3DS is able to swap faceplates. Interesting find.

http://nintendoeverything.com/image-...ds-faceplates/

I may as well throw this on the main page too.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

My wife wants a 3DS, and I want the new one. So I'll be getting one. And she'll be using my current one.

Signature by Gama

A fan of too many things SurrealBrain's Avatar

I do think Nintendo's jumping the gun, but I might consider one if there are any games that catch my eye (besides the Xenoblade. It's neat that they're doing a port, but I already have the Wii version).

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Sooo... what is the point of this exactly? Developers are still going to produce games for the lowest common denominator (original 3DS), with the only real benefit of a faster CPU being perhaps N64 emulation exclusive to the new model. The 3D viewing angle improvements are nice, but it's less a feature and more like a bug-fix you have to pay $200 (or whatever) to correct. The extra shoulder buttons are welcomed, but again, probably won't be used much by developers creating games for the old 3DS setup. The thumb-nub will probably be more useful simply because it can be used as a remap of other buttons already being used for movement, but it looks very awkwardly placed (why not down lower, below the face buttons?) and is pretty small. If it's at all like those old laptop pre-touch pad mouse nubs - then that's going to get awfully painful on your thumbs rather quickly.

Not impressed. Isn't this the kind of shit that people claim killed Sega going into the 32bit gen?

If they wanted to sell me on a new 3DS, the one feature they should have added in was increased screen resolution. Keep your faster CPU and meager power performance increase; if I had wanted better graphics, I would have bought a Vita. But with what graphics you do have - clarity is essential. It's no fun turning on the 3D and seeing black grid lines around each individual pixel.
    ^Pretty much agree with this 100%.

If Nintendo is going to make a new handheld, bump up the graphics quality. Atleast.

^ I agree, but I also am in the camp on not believing this IS a new handheld.

No, I consider this to be the DSi of the 3DS world. It's a step-up handheld but still clearly within the 3DS fold. As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo's *next* handheld has yet to come.

I want it, but I think it's because it has some features I'd love to have.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.