Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher106 View Post
    Don't forget
    Yes, I use Jet Boots just to cast Shifta/Deband, but I prefer Zondeel over Moment Gale because it feels faster and safer (when combined with Disperse).

I haven't really been in any situation where I needed to use Gran Wave's invincibility.

I have 3 separate numpad keys for Disperse, Kestral and Heavenly.
    Thinking of removing Kestral because I don't really use it that often.
    Will probably replace it with Destruct Wing. I don't like the other PAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    Destruct Wing is better at hitting things from afar and does more damage. It's the second best gap closing PA under full charge guilty break.
    As cool as it looks, justice crow is useless. The projectile is too slow and doesn't hit hard enough to justify it as a good ranged attack.
    I'm going to give Destruct Wing a try again soon. Whenever I tried using it before, I kept missing the target. I don't have that problem with Gran Wave.
    But then there's a little problem with going from Gran Wave into a Dual Blade attack.

I didn't think Justice Crow looked cool. It's too slow in general to look cool.

Anyway, follow Sizustar's suggestion, I guess.
    That Bouncer thread has a bazillion pages though.

If anything, with a crafted version of the 9* lunar eclipse potential Jet Boot, I'm still able to body tank boss in VH with moment gale (usually over their head to dodge part of their attack) and it's hyper armor, so it's not only for mobbing.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Quote Originally Posted by nukeblast25 View Post
    So I'm still pretty new to this game, only been playing for about two weeks, and my main class is bouncer.
    I just joined around 3 weeks ago myself, hi!

I enjoy the idea of using the boots along with techniques, but I don't how well techniques scale through out levels( as in are they better toward end game) or if they do less damage as a bouncer compared to a forcer or techer. I also feel like boots are better for groups
    Techs will do less damage as a Bouncer compared to Force because you get less multipliers. Compared to Techer, Bouncer is situationally better - vs elemental weaknesses Bouncer does more damage with Lightning, Fire and Ice and the other three elements as well if the Techer didn't spec into them.

That said, many techers have multiple element spec skill trees and load them as the map calls for it.

As a Bouncer, techs are your second ranged option. Your first is Photon Blade Fever spam which has limited uptime and needs to be rebuilt if something dodges two or more blades. Having techs is definitely useful when learning boss mechanics.

Dual blades seem to a lot more mobile though and much better for bosses than jet boots, and for my character right now it seems like the PA's hit harder even though my boots are a lot better in terms of stats.
    Dual Blades are indeed very mobile, high damage and easy to use. So much so that I ironically got bored and switched to Gunner main Jet Boots do let you cast from range though.

I kind of want to do both by using the Bouncer Mag skill, but I don't know if it will leave my damage lack luster in both areas since its only %50. I'm also not sure what is entirely worth it in the the bouncer tree and I don't really want to regret any of the skill points I spend
    Bouncer Mag is a very viable option for new players when paired with Craft Mastery. It lets you put together a set of +10 weapons with ~1000+ SATK or TATK and good potentials at a low cost via crafting. The Dex will help offset the variance on crafted weapons.

This is especially true when talking about Dual Blades. They are very strong right now, so that means if you look at player shops, the good Dual Blades are very very expensive.

In October they will be handing out an All Skill Reset Pass so you can take Bouncer Mag and Craft Mastery now and put together a cheap set of gear, then farm up the millions to get a good set of 10*s and pop that skill reset pass at a later point.

TLR - Dual Blades vs Jet boots, which is better or what are the advantages of each. Is Bouncer Mag worth it if I want to use both, or is the damage lost from not focusing one or the other to significant.
    Depending on your race you may want to be exclusively Dual Blades, or hybrid with both Dual Blades and Boots, but definitely not pure Jet Boots. As far as strengths and weaknesses go:

Dual Blades:
    + High mobility with Dispersion Shrike and Photon Blade Escape (press direction + Shift)
    + Huge AoE with Dispersion Shrike
    + CCs high threat, launchable targets easily with Heavenly Kite
    + Gain height easily with Heavenly Kite or Starling Fall, although at the cost of PP
    + Starling Fall survives anything a boss can throw your way even if your timing is terrible
    + High burst damage with Photon Blade Fever
    + High damage outside of Photon Blade Fever with Kestrel Rampage
    - Very elaborate animations for PAs, susceptible to getting interrupted. You can cancel PAs mid-animation with Photon Blade Escape though
    - If Starling Fall isn't slotted, needs good timing with Photon Blade Escape to dodge attacks
    - No range outside of Photon Blade Fever

Jet Boots:
    + Shift action on Gran Wave survives anything a boss can throw your way even with terrible timing too, except Gran Wave is easier to do damage with.
    + Option to cast techs with reduced cast times using Jet Boots Gear
    + Double Jump and/or Gran Wave easily lets you do headshots on Ogres and casters in Shironia without spending PP
    - Lower damage
    - Less mobility on AoE attacks

P.S. Also do any more advanced resources exist for this game? I want to figure some of this stuff out myself, but my knowledge of the game is far to small, and I don't know how everything interacts(like how much damage is gained from elemental weaknesses)
    The main places I go to are:

• Cirnopedia - English reference site
    • Outer Haven Wiki - Good source for mechanics. Look at their Damage Formula page for the question you had about elemental weaknesses.
    • Bumped PSUBlog (Should it be PSO2Blog?) - Translations of upcoming updates, trailers and patch notes
    • PSO2 SWiki - Japanese Wiki with very detailed information and high res pictures

And some gameplay videos:

Invertex's YouTube
    Milranduil's Bo/Hu Nab2 Time Attack
    Jet Boots vs Gigur Gunnegam SH
    Dual Blades vs Gigur Gunnegam SH
    Last edited by Selphea; Sep 22, 2014 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    Good post!

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    Too long to reasonably post...
    You win. That's one of the most well thought out posts I've seen. You win cake.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I'm going to give Destruct Wing a try again soon. Whenever I tried using it before, I kept missing the target.
    This isn't the first PA to have this problem, so here's what I CAN say:

Don't press it at close range. You're in range to use much better photon arts already, so why would you?

I don't use Destruct Wing at close range. It misses at long range.
    It goes past them at medium range or less. Maybe that's what you meant.
    But the point is, why would there be such an attack that ends with a melee strike, yet tends to pass through the target? Seems like bad coding to me.

Anyway, I found another reason to prefer Gran Wing: it can move vertically.

Gran is an overall better approach, but Distruct Wing is easier to use a second time if you came up short and has a longer range. It's best used against large, or grounded enemies. I wouldn't recommend trying to use it on small flying things since missing causes you to fly past them.

Quote Originally Posted by nukeblast25 View Post
    So I'm still pretty new to this game, only been playing for about two weeks, and my main class is bouncer.

I enjoy the idea of using the boots along with techniques, but I don't how well techniques scale through out levels( as in are they better toward end game) or if they do less damage as a bouncer compared to a forcer or techer. I also feel like boots are better for groups

Dual blades seem to a lot more mobile though and much better for bosses than jet boots, and for my character right now it seems like the PA's hit harder even though my boots are a lot better in terms of stats.

I kind of want to do both by using the Bouncer Mag skill, but I don't know if it will leave my damage lack luster in both areas since its only %50. I'm also not sure what is entirely worth it in the the bouncer tree and I don't really want to regret any of the skill points I spend

TLR - Dual Blades vs Jet boots, which is better or what are the advantages of each. Is Bouncer Mag worth it if I want to use both, or is the damage lost from not focusing one or the other to significant.

P.S. Also do any more advanced resources exist for this game? I want to figure some of this stuff out myself, but my knowledge of the game is far to small, and I don't know how everything interacts(like how much damage is gained from elemental weaknesses)

Any help is appreciated.
    if you want to use both, it's better to just focus on s-atk build and do switch strike on jet boots.

though it will limit your choice of jet boots. i'm using s-atk build jet boots and dual blades myself, with bio jet boots as my choice of weapon. so far it's quite strong since i can switch between rapid boost and photon blade ferver depending on the situations.

and dont forget that rapid boost skill increases your moment gale's (including the following zanverse) hitting speed, i abused it well enough to the point that i even beat fire fo in td1 at overall score by just using crafted 9* jet boots and moment gale. (though i do switch with my fubuki smth dual blade whenever my rapid boost skill on cd)