Page 99 of 121 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101102109 ... LastLast

I have a problem deciding between PP Convert and Deband Cut with TE/HU.
    The former means unlimited spam of KR for a quite some time and the later provides more durability for the whole team. Or I could move PP Restorate 1 to fill both but then it takes much longer to refill PP after utilizing Ilzonde to move across the map.

I have tested most of the options but each has its own flaws and strength so more opinion and advices are always welcome. Btw, my build uses both Wirelance and Hammers and focuses on SATK so it's not a 100% wand time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    oh i use those always near canons, its very entertaining, takes forever tho.

i hate the new boss for the area, still havent learned its patterns well.
    lol
    Those cannons are nice but slow and I prefer to get all close and touchy feely with enemies and bosses.

The patterns are very easy though, I learned them the first time cause it's only like 2-3 for each.

The new boss is pretty easy as long as you keep your distance when they attack and close in when not, focusing on one at a time.
    I usually go for Rhe Malludard (or whatever, that salamander spitting Repulsion Gel) cause he is all over the place and it's easier to fight the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    Formula seems legit is far as I can tell.

The S-ATK stats are real high though. I don't even come close to that. I do pay female Newman with a T-ATK mag. I think I am closer to 2500 S-ATK, though I haven't checked it much lately. The high base stats might be the difference in our calculations. In my sheet I based it on my own build and there Loveless One was slightly stronger there iirc.
    Well, it probably would be. Male Deuman (highest base S-ATK), 300 S-ATK from affixes, and I might have misapplied the Shifta Drink bonus to be a little bigger than it actually is ingame. However, I know 100% that Loveless One can hit over 4K S-ATK, there's a nico video demonstrating that with Fighter's -line skills. If you're going off just striking attacks, lower S-ATK = better damage for Loveless One. However, Wand Gear should always ensure that Loveless One is the inferior choice. Did you check for that?

I might do Noire Wand vs Seras Cure later, but I'm just going to check T-ATK Te/Fi and Te/Br for that one if I do, and I'm just going to put the final results instead of going through the entire formula. I'm personally going to stick with aiming for Seras Cure either way, for the higher tech damage. I might just go through all the wands on the wand chart since the current listing doesn't say anything about their damage capabilities.

By the way, since the difference between S-ATK and T-ATK builds was so minimal, would you still recommend S-ATK over T-ATK? T-ATK is outright better whenever you hit two or more enemies at once, for the record, even as Te/Br. T-ATK also provides better Resta as well as the usual better techs. S-ATK seems pointless unless you use your subclass' weapons, and even then, Vol Graptor and Banish Arrow for /Hu and /Br would benefit most from T-ATK.

Quote Originally Posted by Alandsmj View Post
    I have a problem deciding between PP Convert and Deband Cut with TE/HU.
    The former means unlimited spam of KR for a quite some time and the later provides more durability for the whole team. Or I could move PP Restorate 1 to fill both but then it takes much longer to refill PP after utilizing Ilzonde to move across the map.

I have tested most of the options but each has its own flaws and strength so more opinion and advices are always welcome. Btw, my build uses both Wirelance and Hammers and focuses on SATK so it's not a 100% wand time.
    PP Convert. Much more versatile than the other options. Vol Graptor > tech spam, Elysion tech spam, it lets you do things much more effectively than you otherwise could. Deband Cut and PP Restorate I aren't nearly as useful.

Actually fought new Bal with Cannons. Kinda nice when others distract him cause of course you are close and stationary so it's impossible with aggro. 10k shots on his head.

Anyway, how do I even step attack with wand?

turn on wand lovers and step attack the same way you would with any other melee weapon

I know that's not what this thread is for, but if you're using the cannons strictly to damage bal, you're doing it wrong. Bukakke Shoot his mouth when it opens and you can knock him down. Just sayin'.

Well, that's what I was doing.
    Also, I sorta felt like shooting his throat when he was about to shoot himself may or may not have been useful.
    Like stopping him briefly or something?

Rappy Hunter

Hey guys, what are the best boss killing techs for each element, charged and uncharged? ty in adv

Fire: Nafoie (Concentrated Recipe)
    Ice: Ilbarta (Ice Fang if Elysion, Concentrated otherwise)
    Lightning: Sazonde (Supercharged Recipe)
    Wind: Nazan (Windslicer if Elysion, Concentrated otherwise)
    Light: Ragrants (Concentrated Recipe)
    Dark: Namegid (Umbral Recipe)

Uncharged Fire and Light techs suck for damage purposes, so don't use them that way. The rest of them are best for both uncharged and charged, more or less. Nabarta, Nazonde, Gimegid, and Ramegid might come close or win out, this isn't something I really test. This list is by no means the only techs you should use against a boss, they should simply be the best for DPS only.

Nafoie and Sazonde aren't as good as a Techer, due to lacking Flame Tech S Charge and Bolt Tech PP Save, but crafted versions should be workable. Sazonde, by the way, is better DPS uncharged, even without Elysion, because charged version's ticks get overwritten if you use Sazonde normally, due to having four ticks instead of two, like the uncharged version, which lacks the overwriting issue.

In my experience as a hybrid TE/BR, the only times you should be using a tech against a boss is:
    1) If the boss is light/dark weak and Ragrants/Gimegid can reach a weak point consistently (e.g. not much movement)
    2) If the boss is Ice weak, you have the new Ancient Oath bow and either PPC 10 or ~195 PP, and can land a Banish Arrow for your 6th and 7th cast without breaking the chain.
    3) If the boss is Wind weak, you have Elysion and Nazan power craft, and you can land Nazan consecutively on the weak point (e.g. Malluda, Ringa when he's down, Rockbear in borderline cases)

Beyond those three cases, just brute force wand smacking will do more damage than techs.