Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    a perfectly placed zondeel is the most satisfying thing in this game

why you gotta take all the fun out of the game
    well I agree with you but people will always be complaining about balance so gotta compromise!

tip: Balance doesn't make things inherently fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    tip: Balance doesn't make things inherently fun.
    Neither does imbalance, so I'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make.

I understand that people look to different things in the game to have fun, but I'm a bit tired of entire mechanics and play styles being effectively removed because of a hand full of poorly designed skills, PAs, and Techs.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

As in what's the point if no PVP.

Only time I care about balance without PVP present is when other classes are completely unplayable while others are the ONLY ones worth playing. <<

That's BARELY ever been a problem in easy star online, now even moreso after suganuma.

Once these random things get "balanced" people are probably just gonna nitpick @ whatever class will inevitably end up the most useful and say they're "TOO USEFUL MAKE US RELY ON SOMETHING ELSE.

IMO no matter what they change, this game's combat won't actually get more fun/better unless you delete the 2 years you spent playing it daily from your memory. Or they remake a whole new battle system from scratch. Otherwise, Dressup time superior race.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

lol geez I knew people would be upset over the idea of losing their vacuum tech, but wow

Lonely: Yes, I always disliked that zondeel massively simplified the process of killing many things into being more like the process of killing one thing. This is hardly the first time I've piped up about it. Yes, suggestions were posted, and I even replied to one and added onto it. I'm sure you saw them, so I have to assume that remark was a disingenuous attempt to stoke some embers.

Other people: If you can't find the game fun in any other way than killing a dozen or more enemies at once in a single location then that speaks volumes about what you must be getting out of this game. Then again, the people who replied most vocally against me saying that were all the TA speedrun types, so I'm not very surprised. We already know you get very little out of this game yet continue to play it - most of you remind us frequently. Costumes? Most of you hate 'em. MPAs? Not as far as I've ever seen. EQs? Nothing but bad language there too. TAs, TAs, TAs; and zondeel helps you run that so you gotta lean on that crutch.

I don't go playing Street Fighter whining for years and years that it's a bad game and none of it appeals to me except the fun and wacky backgrounds. You don't go playing PSO2 whining for years and years that it's a bad game and none of it appeals to you except the boring and game-shaping shit with huge multipliers and a sustained suction tech you can use to completely trivialize anything that would have ever resembled a challenge or thought below the game's meta. Except, ah, nevermind, yes you do. Time to buy me some Street Fighter and whine about it (or not because I don't intentionally play games I find almost entirely unfun for some bizarro reason? I dunno just a thought, maybe you could do something you actually enjoy).

If it's such a big deal to people in a multiparty situation.. Why not just make it Taboo? It was done to grenades and tornado dancers in PSU. Why not this here? Yeah EQs and MPAs your fucked but SHAQs in particular.. Why not ask that person to play a different style? Or just not use Zondeel every time? Yeah a nerf from Sega would satisfy one side and make the other side RAWR. At the very least it's something you can control within your group of friends or acquaintances..
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    because I don't intentionally play games I find almost entirely unfun for some bizarro reason? I dunno just a thought, maybe you could do something you actually enjoy.
    wait really?

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I always find it interesting how any time someone claims something is overpowered, that most people will admit really is if they take the time to think about it instead of buzzing about in the hivemind, that all of the same things are said...

"Just don't use it if you don't like it"
    "We like it so it's automatically fine"
    "It's the only thing that's fun in this game"
    "The game won't be fun without it" (variant of above)
    "It's not actually that great!"
    "You can play fine without it so what's the big deal?" (variant of above)
    "I don't see you coming up with any better ideas!"
    "There's no PVP so who cares?"

Other greatest hits that haven't yet appeared include, but are not limited to:
    "It's still in the game so the devs must think it's fine!"
    "But you can't use X with it, so it's fine!"
    "It isn't always the best thing to use, so it can't be too good any of the time at all"
    "Have YOU ever worked in game design? Do YOU know why it's so hard? How could YOU know what's better?"
    "But the class will be terrible without it!"
    "If you need it you must just be bad. We don't need it."
    "It's really hard to program computer so no changes should ever be made"
    "They won't change it anyway so why say anything" (A compelling philosophical question: Why do we post at all?)

Any other fallacious distractions that I might have missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    wait really?
    Yeah we've been over this before, but you must have missed it while you were bursting blood vessels in your face from trying so hard to look like you don't care.

I have fun on PSO2. It's entertaining. I like space-barbies. Questions?

Wow...Alot of polarizing opinion on Zondeel~ And it's not even related to the update, but the skill itself.

But this change is also probabely to combat the new Wind/Lightning Tech, and it seems like they are taking player feedback, and doing change bit by bit.

AC item not clear in it's description, Zondeel being activated by other people, etc. And they did say they know of the GU inbalance and is still working on it.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

People are getting heated over gam balance and I'm just happy I'll be able to run a lightning build and play with the sparkly techs without ruining everyone else's shit. Seriously though, the lightning line of techs is the most interesting and creative of them all. It was a shame that it was mostly useless because it messed with the photon Dyson.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Wow...Alot of polarizing opinion on Zondeel~ And it's not even related to the update, but the skill itself.

But this change is also probabely to combat the new Wind/Lightning Tech, and it seems like they are taking player feedback, and doing change bit by bit.

AC item not clear in it's description, Zondeel being activated by other people, etc. And they did say they know of the GU inbalance and is still working on it.
    I don't really feel that strongly about it, I just find it really boring when something turns gameplay into an automated process of always-do-this-then-that. I felt the same way about fury stance and sroll ja. If everyone does it all the time...it just starts being redundant and restricting, and that's ignoring any other problems it might be causing. It's the best thing to do most of the time, reducing variety - which is usually the part I find entertaining.

For the most part I just have a passive dislike of things that do that in games. I still use it, I just think to myself it'd be nice if it wasn't the best thing to do 99% of the time. Most of the strongly worded things I say on it are in reply to opposition, which was actually way more vocal that I figured it would be. Most people I talk to about it actually feel the same way about zondeel, but I don't regularly chat with these people here so...

Also, I'm glad they're addressing GU some more. It needs a bit more oomph, but I'm getting the job done with it fine after the last update. The GM nerf was a bit heavy-handed but GMs do still do what they were intended to do - top you off. They're not the invulnguns they were before. That's good. I wish they'd do something with chains to make them more usable for more than one target. It'd be super cool if they gave GU a passive chain skill where everything you tag gets a chain you can raise with more hits, for a small max damage bonus (like 10-20%). Like what everyone had in PSP or PSZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    People are getting heated over gam balance and I'm just happy I'll be able to run a lightning build and play with the sparkly techs without ruining everyone else's shit. Seriously though, the lightning line of techs is the most interesting and creative of them all. It was a shame that it was mostly useless because it messed with the photon Dyson.
    This is one of the biggest flags that something is amiss with zondeel. Using bolt techs immediately gets people to tell you to use anything else. People on PSOW treat bolt techs like they should almost never be used because you might ignite a zondeel; even when zonde was super good people would give you shit to no end if you zapped their zondeel. Were you one-shotting trash with your zonde? Didn't matter, you still caught constant flak. Using bolt techs right now is considered by most to be a sign of amateurism because they're just okay most of the time, and you might trigger a zondeel.

It precludes the use of an entire element, and people don't think there's something wrong with that? Usually when someone wants this change it's not so other people can use bolt techs, it's so their zondeel isn't ignited - there's a difference in which thing they actually care about there.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Nov 7, 2014 at 09:32 AM.