Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    Np and I missed the question on Ability 3.

What I mean with Ability 3 is, when you try to affix Ability 3 by itself, it has a 10% chance of success, i.e. 90% chance of failing and losing an affix. Furthermore, Ability 3 is quite common and cheap to find.

That means if you have a piece with too many slots which makes it expensive to work with, you can drop it down by combining it with Ability 3.

For example, if your item has 4 slots with Junk/Junk/Junk/Junk, you can combine it with another 4 slot item that's Ability 3/Junk/Junk/Junk. Pick Ability 3 as one of the desired affixes and you have a 90% chance to drop it down to 3 slot - or more if your other affixes aren't 100%.
    I see, so Ability III is used if I want to reduce the number of affixes because it fails.

One more question, I saved a bunch of Quartz Soul weapons with a lot of affixes (4-7) from a recent Lilipa event quest. Are these useful for anything? Can I extract the Quartz Soul from them?

Save them

I expect they will be in high demand with 5 fodders. They're useful for making high slot count fodders.

Alternatively, the 5 fodder update will also allow them to be used to affix lower slot items. But 4-7 slot Quartz is worth a lot more than 1-3 slot. You are better off checking prices and selling them in 2 weeks, then buying cheap 1-3 slot souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    That means if you have a piece with too many slots which makes it expensive to work with, you can drop it down by combining it with Ability 3.

For example, if your item has 4 slots with Junk/Junk/Junk/Junk, you can combine it with another 4 slot item that's Ability 3/Junk/Junk/Junk. Pick Ability 3 as one of the desired affixes and you have a 90% chance to drop it down to 3 slot - or more if your other affixes aren't 100%.
    Couldn't you just select less abilities when you decide which affixes to transfer, in order to reduce the number of slots? I don't think they force you to select at least as many abilities as the amount that your base already has.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    Couldn't you just select less abilities when you decide which affixes to transfer, in order to reduce the number of slots? I don't think they force you to select at least as many abilities as the amount that your base already has.
    Nope. You can't select less abilities in order to reduce the number of slots In order to do that you'll have to either get an ability with helluva low chance or pray your 60-70% or lower fail.

And it's somehow bloody harder than increasing the slots

「insert cool char name and lvl here」
    Ship 7
    Lazy in everything .-.

Pic related
    Spoiler!

LOL at this guide, its really helpful but I couldnt help but laugh at the end when it told me that Im shit

"YOUR" not "YOU'RE" sigh

No but really Im saving this, and coming back here when I affix my shit

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    Pic related
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

The comic sans gets me everytime

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Spoiler!
    Epik gaide bruh xDxd

Why dont you post how to 5s you're shit instead
    Last edited by wefwq; Nov 8, 2014 at 01:12 PM.

FYI, not that this is important or anything.

if you want a Ability III affix, you can do it by having Power III, Shoot III and Tech III in the affix pool, this gives it a 60% chance (base, without boost sticks or boost day) which is way better than using 3 Ability III fodders.

with 30% boost stick, you can reach 90%, now you only have 10% of RNG screwing over you, and most 90% doesn't end well too.
    Spoiler!

note: Power III and Spirita III are 100% actually, the affix simulator is outdated, is there a new one out there?

note 2: found the new sim. I'm outdated. . .
    Last edited by WildarmsRE5; Nov 9, 2014 at 01:41 PM.