Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Don't forget that they canceled Sym-bionic Titan cause toys too :/

Oh right apparently there are no plans to release Sonic Boom in glorious nippon. Probably so Sonic Team doesn't freak out over being shown up by another dev

One that's seen too much Alucard V's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard V View Post
    What has me worried is that the game's linked to the fate of a cartoon on Cartoon Network which has outright Canceled some of it's finer action based cartoons like Young Justice and Green Lantern and so kindly has given the viewer Johnny Test and The Annoying Orange not to Ben Ten Omniverse.

Bottom line is that it's a gamble and if this cartoon isn't the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic of gaming we may never see this game come to light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    Don't forget that they canceled Sym-bionic Titan cause toys too :/

Oh right apparently there are no plans to release Sonic Boom in glorious nippon. Probably so Sonic Team doesn't freak out over being shown up by another dev
    I had a feeling I forgot something and I don't think the Otaku are shedding tears over Sonic the Hedgehog.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.

Sonic was never really big in Japan. About the only time they cared was ironically during the Saturn's run when it was one of the few systems of Sega that resonated with the Japanese more than the west. Probably why we got the Sonic OVA during that time. ^_^;

BITCHES DONT KNOW BOUT MY 'RURU KNUCKLES X3 Merumeru's Avatar

XD Wow, cannot get over that Knuckles re-design...

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by HIT0SHI View Post
    In that case, I'm looking forward to this game regardless of it's questionable design choices. :V
    Well... at least the show looks enjoyable.

Was looking forward to this but man, its more of like those early 2000's generic 3D platforming, puzzle oriented game from like Nickelodeon or what have you.
    This is most defiantly NOT a Sonic game like Sonic Colors, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Generations or even Sonic: Lost World.

Last edited by HIT0SHI; Nov 15, 2014 at 12:02 AM.

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

This game turned out BAAAAD wooooooooooow

*goes to main site to make fun of character designs except Amy*

*sees CryEngine logo*

CryEngine? For this game? BWAHAHAHAHA! Someone help me, I'm gonna die from laughter!
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

It's actually not as bad as some make it out to be. What it isn't, is the Sonic game you know. They turned Sonic Boom into a more traditional action Adventure game with way less emphasis on the classic speedy Sonic sections. If you're into that, you can enjoy the game. However, if you're looking for something more like Sonic Generations, then prepare to be disappointed.

In a way, I'm kind of ok with this. This wasn't by Sonic Team and maybe they're looking to add this to their Sonic game styles, not replace them. I think the big issue with the last-ability of Sonic is that many fans accept only 1 genre and style for a Sonic game, and unlike some other mascots, not willing to see him also branch out to other things. Given that Sonic has new people interested, it's probably not a bad time to do so given that the majority of people, who probably will take to this game the most, are the people who weren't long time Sonic fans in the first place.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HIT0SHI View Post
    Heres a better sonic game Count how many times the reviewer says Bad..

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    It's actually not as bad as some make it out to be.
    It's worse. Jittery controls, broken controls, shitty framerates, some of the worst dialogue I've seen in Sonic games (I PLAY 06 ALL THE WAY, I KNOW ABOUT BAD DIALOGUE). The only thing it has going for it is that graphically it looks good. But the models, animations, everything else is just blegh.

You know it's bad when Sega didn't send any pre launch review games out AND THAT IGN THEMSELVES GAVE IT A 43/100 .

lel IGN I know. So here's Metacritic, with 39/100 and 4.4 out of 10 for users.

Look. The game is bad. I understand what it's supposed to be, but it was done terribly. It's like they tried to make another Jak and Daxter, but then just ruined it themselves. I'm like 95% certain this isn't entirely their fault though. The game really appears to be rushed, since they wanted it out before xmas and wanted it to premiere alongside their cartoon. It may have just been another case of Sonic 06, sadly.