Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Some of the staff working in Big Red Button actually left during the development of the game.

Hah, and here I thought Ubisoft had fucked up bad with Assassin's Creed Unity. (As Gabriel Morton put it, "Your game sucked so hard, your stock dropped") This didn't just give some fidgety investors the jitters, but the actual dev team imploded and people were literally left running for their careers. Hilarious.

And just to put this in perspective, Sonic Boom got a 38 on MetaCritic. That's a lower score than even the near universally hated Sonic 06 got (46). Even Bioware couldn't manage to make a good Sonic RPG. Bioware. At this point, just the very license itself is enough to corrupt and ruin everything it touches.

Congratulations Sega, you've managed to make your flagship franchise into the video gaming equivalent to polio.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Nov 23, 2014 at 08:27 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Glitches aside, the single player game is basically a really boring PS2-era action/platform game. The true hilarity of this game is in the multiplayer "race" mode which I can't seem to find any footage of anywhere. Everyone plays on the same screen while a ridiculously slow auto-scrolling camera gives you a zoomed-out view of the stage at the most awkward angles imaginable. It's so easy to lose track of what's going on (or never have any idea in the first place) and you can't try to move ahead because you will outrun the slow-ass auto-scrolling camera and die. I'm not even sure why it's called a "race" because everyone is confined to the same screen and you end up getting forced into an arena-fight with a bunch of enemies anyway. I'm not sure what happens after that because I ran out of lives on those sections on both of the levels I played. My favorite moment was hitting a bounce pad to smash through some ceiling tiles which nearly froze the game and looped the ceiling smashing sound about 10 times

It's basically a Sonic-ized Ratchet and Clank. As some people expected out of that team. Now if only they didn't treat it as a TV License game and pushed it out the door, to make a TV deadline like Corporate Commander.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

I think people just fell for the hype Sega used to trick people into buying their games. Honestly, with some of the shitty games that they made in the past. The fanbase that continues to shell out money only encourage them to continue making more bad and uninteresting Sonic games. Sonic during the Genesis era was the only games you will ever see me play.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I didn't fall for it. Not one bit.

On the bright side, this game is the final Nintendo exclusive game. So who knows what may be around the corner.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I wanted sanic......uhhhhhhhhh..... LOST WORLDS to be fun, and it's okay but... I din' like it. Good thing for demos in gamestop.

So that was "hold off on sanic games for another 5 years" warning.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    I didn't fall for it. Not one bit.

On the bright side, this game is the final Nintendo exclusive game. So who knows what may be around the corner.
    Not sure if that is the bright side. That could definitely mean a possibility of the badness to spread in the next disappointing release. You know what usually happens to the quality when they go from single-console to the first multi-console release afterwards.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

I should cross my fingers that people will stop supporting a game SEGA no longer care about. Its all about the money and dipfeeding a franchise that is running out of ideas. They release a unfinished piece of crap and that's proof they are desperate for the monies.
    Last edited by Noblewine; Dec 8, 2014 at 08:08 PM.
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

What 3rd party dev has a good rep? Maybe let them touch it? See if they can save it?

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    What 3rd party dev has a good rep? Maybe let them touch it? See if they can save it?
    Just no..... no....