Default Ranger subclassing

It seems more common nowadays that rangers sub Br rather than Hu for the extra damage vs free field bosses. Some people say that having Katana combat for the finish helps with TACOs and clearing some of the more aggressive mobs while others chose to pour it into rapid shoot since without an S-atk mag katana doesn't do much. I'm currently working with this:

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...008doIb0000008

Thoughts?

It depends on what you plan on doing with this build. Is it for general use? Are you wanting to TA efficiently? How many skill trees do you plan on getting? etc etc

But just for starters...

1. You definitely don't have to max out Katana Combat. RaBr is already pretty decent at clearing mobs without KC, and the times you use KC in TAs don't necessitate for it to be off CD every 90 seconds.
    2. Attack Advance is okay (not really sure if it works with Bullet Bow normal attack), but I'd rather reinvest those points into Weak Stance Charge so your Satellite Cannon damage is significantly boosted. Or you can max Weak Hit Blast Bonus, and that paired with Nifta would make any PSE burst really fun
    3. Moving Snipe isn't at all worth it, imo. Reinvesting those points into Killing Bonus, which is an added 5 PP (for 10 PP total) for EACH mob killed near you is by far much nicer.

Also, if this build is for TAs, you don't have to max WB: you only really need 3 (assuming you don't make mistakes).

Here's a modified build: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...008doIb0000008
    Last edited by ReverseSeraf; Dec 22, 2014 at 06:08 PM.

This is more for a general use build. I haven't decided on adding on additional skill trees. Does Final Nemesis benefit from the charge bonus?

Final nemesis isnt exactly a charged attack even cuz you dont charge even though the animation looks like its charging

Quote Originally Posted by hitchhiker6942 View Post
    This is more for a general use build. I haven't decided on adding on additional skill trees. Does Final Nemesis benefit from the charge bonus?
    Charged PAs usually refers to PAs that gain a power boost when you're charging. For FN, that's not really the case. So the PAs that would benefit would be Satellite Cannon, Master Shot, Piercing Shot, etc

Mobbing with ranger comes down to using gravity bomb and launcher (or rifles diffuse shell but eh.). I don't see how katana combat helps you with mobbing especially due to its cooldown vs gravity bombs. ra/hu is something i see more of and consider the best all round due to rangers awful dodge being eased by hunter subclass survivability and consistent damage from Average stance JAs. But if you still do decide to stay a rather vulnerable ra/br i highly suggest using cluster bomb launcher pa which often hits the weak spot for you and makes nice use of weak stance.