Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Prices on then units might end up pretty low, but gear levels on player's alt characters and classes will also go up if they can more readily obtain copies of the best sets. This leads to much more incentive to go on pocket chars/classes according to quest/EQ, marginally improving all PUG MPAs. It's also guaranteed to be much better than just disassembling said units and selling the crafting materials.

Buyers win, sellers win, SEGA wins because people have more incentive to pay for premium. I don't really see the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    Plus I assume the XQ ones won't be sellable since you can trade them in at the rare stone shop
    i would hope that sega would be smart enough to look at the source of the item, and allow xq unit drops to be turned into passes/sold, but not allow the ones that were obtained from stone cash ins to be sold/passed. of course, this is sega we're talking about, so who knows.

regardless, i'm waiting to buy premium until 11* unit passes are a thing. hopefully sega gets it done soon.

Quote Originally Posted by reaper527 View Post
    i would hope that sega would be smart enough to look at the source of the item, and allow xq unit drops to be turned into passes/sold, but not allow the ones that were obtained from stone cash ins to be sold/passed. of course, this is sega we're talking about, so who knows.
    Don't count on it. Safe to assume XQ units will not be tradeable for passes when we do get 11* unit purchase passes.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    Prices on then units might end up pretty low, but gear levels on player's alt characters and classes will also go up if they can more readily obtain copies of the best sets. This leads to much more incentive to go on pocket chars/classes according to quest/EQ, marginally improving all PUG MPAs. It's also guaranteed to be much better than just disassembling said units and selling the crafting materials.

Buyers win, sellers win, SEGA wins because people have more incentive to pay for premium. I don't really see the problem here.
    This is my biggest hope, is that the average MPA will (maybe) improve if it becomes easier to obtain high end gear. I understand that Sega is trying to keep the highest end gear obtainable only by people who put a lot of time and effort into it, but with 12* weapons being fairly common and 13* weapons being around, I feel like there's still enough incentive for those people.

If it would be such a problem, then just make it for plain (0 affixes) 11*+ only. Dudes get their units, affixers still get their money.

Can't. This is sega.
    Also, that would be complete and utter BS. Can't sell that outdated 4s Saiki set when you're using a good 6s one now. People would rage so hard.

Anyway, considering that rare stone shop is pretty much out of the picture there are only Saiki, Burisae and Diaboi sets + Whitill Wing left to sell.
    Prices would be low, which would be amazing.

And fully affixed and grinded they would still sell higher than 10* units cause with passes from the rare stone or zieg units you could still easily get five times more 10* units.
    And a lot of of those already have a big gap between blank and maxed. There'd still be a good market for your 5s saiki set.
    But getting and making a saiki set yourself would be quite feasible unlike now where it requires a hell lot of luck.

The less passes and things in shops the better. Having this game be a meseta gathering simulator is exactly the sort of thing we should be heading away from.

I mean I would straight up view 11* weapons as trash if not for the excube exchange, because I can just hop on the player shops and get literally any item in the game with little effort. This is of course made worse if you buy AC--one lucky scratch there can be the equivalent of months of dutifully doing DOs/TAs/etc. I know, I recently bagged 40 million meseta because I happened to roll a crappy looking haircut. I think anyone in favor of this is really just asking for the divide between paying and non-paying players to be greater (especially if we move this idea to 12* weapons), to say nothing about how boring that is.

Maybe it's the PSO1 mentality... but getting raped by the RNG is sort of what this game is. Sitting around playing shopping (unless it's REAL trades with massive finds on both sides being offered, but the PSO2 trade system doesn't allow that) is not what I take or want this game to be.
    Last edited by Chigun; Jan 21, 2015 at 04:51 PM.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Passes should die.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

I'm gonna be honest. Sega should have never given us the option to exchange 10*/11* weapons for excubes. Excube exchange is mostly the reason why we have passes in the first place. Ok yeah it's also because Premium but I'm sure they could have easily implemented a feature to buy them without passes while Premium. >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Passes needing premium need to go. They can make premium not require passes to buy gear if they still want them to have the easy way out, but it's getting more and more difficult to stay at least reasonably in the loop for the classes you want, ESPECIALLY for people playing catch-up. (Who even SHAQs anymore?)

What's going to happen when 12* are the new standard for late-to-end game gear? They're still quite rare (I don't see everyone running around with a sawd or any of the XH 12*, only a select few and I certainly haven't come across any myself)

When we start near level 100 content, are 11* still going to be the standard because anything else higher drops so infrequently? Will that even cut it or will it perform along the lines of what we see now as "half-extended red/blue weapon at +6"?

Anga kind of flipped this game upside down and gave the illusion that progress for everyyone was coming, but it hasn't. It just broke the game with its 1-in-a-million loot and left a very large player gap in the 55-70 level range. Fortunately we have the LQ to fill that gap for now but it won't last.

TL;DR: Premium-only passes need to go the way of the dodo. Make premium not require passes to buy shit if you still want premium to be a "get out of RNG jail" card