Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: new to fo/te

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    You can max T-ATK Up 1/2, both Wind Masteries, grab all the important Techer skills, and still have enough SP to dump into Shifta Advance as the final damage boosting skill available. Probably 9-10 SP depending on if you ditch Reverse Bonus or not. If you're grabbing two Techer elements, then no, Shifta Advance is trash that's only useful because there's nothing really better.

For reference, maxed Shifta Advance adds about 50-60 T-ATK depending on how high your base T-ATK is. Which is pretty pitiful, but there's nothing else to add for damage past that.
    so i have fire, wind ang light on my masteries..what tech should i use when killing boss?should i stay on using iibarta since it's pretty easy to cast compared to namegid's auto casting..or should i use an element of the boss weak against?

em still new to this game..sorry very noob

When attacking an enemy with a tech that matches its elemental weakness, damage is usually increased by 20-30% (20% is typical for enemies with two weaknesses, 30% for one weakness). This is on top of the 20% damage increase from Element Weak Hit (so 44-56% more damage). As a result, it's generally better to match weakness where possible, but some exceptions exist with very powerful techs, like Ilbarta. However, since you're not using Ice Mastery skills, that means losing an additional 44% damage from Ilbarta.

Anyway, best boss killing techs for each element would probably be

Fire: Nafoie (power craft)
    Ice: Ilbarta (power craft)
    Lightning: Sazonde (power craft)
    Wind: Nazan (power craft for Elysion, charge craft without)
    Light: Ragrants (charge craft)
    Dark: Gimegid/Namegid (charge craft for Gimegid, power for Namegid)

Nafoie has good damage and charge time, but Ragrants is better for insect darkers. Safoie is an option for when PP Convert isn't available. PP craft gives Safoie a cost as low as 10 PP and does about 72% of the damage a max power craft Nafoie does. Alternatively, you can craft Safoie for power to reduce the difference to about 7%, for 20 PP instead of Nafoie's 35 PP. Probably the better route, Safoie has better damage/PP spent regardless.

Nazan is very short ranged, but has high power and costs merely 16 PP. Charge time craft reduces the cost further, to 13 PP. On targets weak to both fire and wind (Rockbear mainly), Nazan is better damage than Nafoie and charges almost as quickly (0.55 max charge time craft vs Nafoie's 0.5), and costs almost 1/3rd the PP, making it highly spammable. Some enemies have 110% weaknesses to wind (Fang pair, Snow pair, and Big Vardha are all I know of, their rare variants do not have this weakness, besides rare Fang Banther being 130% wind), but this doesn't trigger EWH. You can also use Razan (Multi recipe is stronger than Sazan) or Sazan (PP craft for 8 PP cost) for their auto-target range and high damage.

Ragrants is pretty much one of the best DPS options Force has right now, along with Ilbarta. Tremendous damage and a ridiculously low charge time, with the 30 PP cost mitigated by PP Convert and other PP restoration methods. Between fire, wind, and light, Ragrants is the single best DPS option available, being the strongest (next to Ilfoie) and fastest tech available. Ragrants does have poor range and no tracking to speak of once fired off, so Ilgrants is another option for long-range combat. Ilgrants uses 120% of its power notation listed when charged instead of the typical 100%, making it 20% stronger than the power notation indicates. It has good range and high damage, with a high panic rate on top of that, making it very good for inflicting panic on bosses vulnerable to it (namely Apos Dorios and Dark Vibrace, don't go out of your way for Vibrace Yuga though, panic has an incredibly low proc rate on it). Swift recipe comes with a -0.25s charge time bonus, making Ilgrants take slightly less than a second to charge fully.

Think that should cover what to use for bosses.

Where is username Unlucky?
    Behold Team Crimson behind the troll/b20 and empowered by pso-world.com

2015-01-30T21:35:22 332 PUBLIC 12699499 Mondo get a life
    2015-02-03T00:08:00 506 REPLY 10813066 Sagitarius our team lead has a toy too
    2015-02-03T00:08:06 508 REPLY 10813066 Sagitarius he got it from posiden

When attacking an enemy with a tech that matches its elemental weakness, damage is usually increased by 20-30% (20% is typical for enemies with two weaknesses, 30% for one weakness). This is on top of the 20% damage increase from Element Weak Hit (so 44-56% more damage).
    I heard that the enemy weakness multiplier only applies to the elemental portion of your damage, which only makes up a bit of your total damage, so the increase is less. But stuff like the skill Element Weak Hit is a multiplier that applies to the final damage. That's why weapon element matching doesn't make a huge difference when you use a combination like FI/HU and a weapon without Ancient Oath, since there are no such multipliers as Element Weak Hit. But that might be different for techniques, I guess.
    Only what I've heard, as I've never looked it up for myself to confirm.

EDIT:
    Nafoie has good damage and charge time, but Ragrants is better for insect darkers. Safoie is an option for when PP Convert isn't available. PP craft gives Safoie a cost as low as 10 PP and does about 72% of the damage a max power craft Nafoie does. Alternatively, you can craft Safoie for power to reduce the difference to about 7%, for 20 PP instead of Nafoie's 35 PP. Probably the better route, Safoie has better damage/PP spent regardless.
    Also, Sa-Foie does 102% of its power notation, so its power is essentially 685 without the power craft. Max power craft Na-Foie has 862 power, so that's roughly 79% of Na-Foie's power that Sa-Foie has. I'm not sure how you got 72% (even with Sa-Foie counted as 100% instead of 102%). The difference with both being power craft is a little more than 5% when applying the 102%. But yeah...I rarely ever use Na-Foie ever since episode 3's changes, with how much better Sa-Foie got. I occasionally use it when I Zondeel a mob together with a Talis to hit them all, but Sa-Foie would still be better for most instances here, too. The only time it wouldn't is if Sa-Foie wouldn't kill the enemies but Na-Foie would.

EDIT2:
    (Fang pair, Snow pair, and Big Vardha are all I know of, their rare variants do not have this weakness, besides rare Fang Banther being 130% wind)
    To add to this, rare Fang Banther is the only enemy in the whole game to list wind as its only weakness, which is sad... (Here's hoping that Ultimate Lillipa mechs will have wind-only weakness, for balance/variety's sake.)
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Jan 30, 2015 at 10:57 PM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    I heard that the enemy weakness multiplier only applies to the elemental portion of your damage
    This was changed in an update, to make modifiers to elemental damage worth using
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    But that might be different for techniques, I guess.
    Only what I've heard, as I've never looked it up for myself to confirm.
    Techs just work differently. Element weaknesses for any other type of damage multiplies an additive value (the added ATK from having element). Techs just straight up get their final damage multiplied because their damage is independent of weapon element (and Element Conversion is just an addition multiplier no different from any other % damage increasing skill).

I probably messed up with Safoie. I just did a quick division to find a % and just glanced at it at that. It carries the point (that it's close to Nafoie damage but costs way less PP) anyway.

I agree, Nafoie is a bad tech, strictly for boss killing, and even then, only bosses exclusively weak to fire are worth using it on. Safoie is more versatile and can even be used for similar purposes.

When attacking an enemy with a tech that matches its elemental weakness, damage is usually increased by 20-30% (20% is typical for enemies with two weaknesses, 30% for one weakness). This is on top of the 20% damage increase from Element Weak Hit (so 44-56% more damage). As a result, it's generally better to match weakness where possible, but some exceptions exist with very powerful techs, like Ilbarta. However, since you're not using Ice Mastery skills, that means losing an additional 44% damage from Ilbarta.

Anyway, best boss killing techs for each element would probably be

Fire: Nafoie (power craft)
    Ice: Ilbarta (power craft)
    Lightning: Sazonde (power craft)
    Wind: Nazan (power craft for Elysion, charge craft without)
    Light: Ragrants (charge craft)
    Dark: Gimegid/Namegid (charge craft for Gimegid, power for Namegid)

Nazan is very short ranged, but has high power and costs merely 16 PP. Charge time craft reduces the cost further, to 13 PP. On targets weak to both fire and wind (Rockbear mainly), Nazan is better damage than Nafoie and charges almost as quickly (0.55 max charge time craft vs Nafoie's 0.5), and costs almost 1/3rd the PP, making it highly spammable. Some enemies have 110% weaknesses to wind (Fang pair, Snow pair, and Big Vardha are all I know of, their rare variants do not have this weakness, besides rare Fang Banther being 130% wind), but this doesn't trigger EWH. You can also use Razan (Multi recipe is stronger than Sazan) or Sazan (PP craft for 8 PP cost) for their auto-target range and high damage.

Ragrants is pretty much one of the best DPS options Force has right now, along with Ilbarta. Tremendous damage and a ridiculously low charge time, with the 30 PP cost mitigated by PP Convert and other PP restoration methods. Between fire, wind, and light, Ragrants is the single best DPS option available, being the strongest (next to Ilfoie) and fastest tech available. Ragrants does have poor range and no tracking to speak of once fired off, so Ilgrants is another option for long-range combat. Ilgrants uses 120% of its power notation listed when charged instead of the typical 100%, making it 20% stronger than the power notation indicates. It has good range and high damage, with a high panic rate on top of that, making it very good for inflicting panic on bosses vulnerable to it (namely Apos Dorios and Dark Vibrace, don't go out of your way for Vibrace Yuga though, panic has an incredibly low proc rate on it). Swift recipe comes with a -0.25s charge time bonus, making Ilgrants take slightly less than a second to charge fully.

Think that should cover what to use for bosses.
    omg...very informative..hehehe..tyvm
    i'll try these..em still low lvl though..currently at lv49

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoboRRR View Post
    Where is username Unlucky?
    my userid is ReallyUnlucky..xD

oh..i forgot...how to craft techs?hehe..it seems like i got few recipes..but how did i got those?

You get some recipes by default, but have to unlock the rest by crafting. You can also request crafts from other people.

To craft techs, you need to break down level 11+ tech (and JB PA) discs into materials. Level 11-15 give 1 material (3 for great successes), level 16-17 give 2 materials (6 for great successes). It takes 5 materials to craft a level 1 recipe, 8 for level 2, and 10 for level 3. You also must pay 5000/10000/15000 meseta per craft for each level.

To unlock recipes, you must get achievements unlocked by crafting techs. Some recipes require you to craft a particular tech craft, while others simply require you to craft a certain number of a particular element. Check the swiki page for more information on what unlocks which recipe. It's at the very bottom, above the FAQ, second tab, where it says テクニックカスタマイズ

Use Google Translate to read it more easily.