Page 414 of 466 FirstFirst ... 314364404411412413414415416417424464 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 4655

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    I played through Metal Gear Rising over the last couple of days. It's pretty fun. It's also completely insane and effectively breaks the Metal Gear universe moving forward. I'm kinda surprised it's canon?

I should check out the DLC next.
    As far as Kojima is concerned, its canon unless something else (say an MGS 6 title set in the future) comes out that contradicts the events of Rising, just to clarify.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    As far as Kojima is concerned, its canon unless something else (say an MGS 6 title set in the future) comes out that contradicts the events of Rising, just to clarify.
    That's kinda what I figured. I'm just a little surprised that it hasn't been shoved off into the same semi-canon as Portable Ops since, again, it is completely insane and dramatically breaks everything.

I just started playing Heroine's Quest after finding out about it the other day on 8ch /v/. It came pretty highly recommended for people that like the old Quest for Glory style games. It really does do a good job of emulating the feel and atmosphere without directly aping on what the Coles already built. It's significantly harder, though, starting you off on the verge of starvation with no food (and nobody in town willing to sell you food), forcing you to hunt in the bitter winter where it's very easy to freeze to death. Despite that I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. The music is well done, and the art design is quite good as well. The voice acting could use a lot of work though - and I'm not thrilled that your heroine has her own voice/dialog, since it makes her dialog feel redundant, and puts distance between the actual character and the player's perception of who they want the character to be. Aside from that, on-screen action doesn't pause when accessing the menu the way the classic QfG games did, which can make selecting spells and digging throwing weapons out of inventory kind of a clusterfuck.

I haven't gotten far enough into it to really evaluate the puzzles, or how well approaching them with tactics based on the skills of various character classes works. At least I can say that so far it's well worth the price, as it's free on steam.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Jan 30, 2015 at 08:00 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Bought NepNep Rebirth and Forward to the Sky so playing those.

I'm spending this weekend on XIV due to the free login campaign. I might as well get some story/unlocks done before it's over.

Hyrule Warriors renewed my interest with the new Majoras Mask map pack as well as added the ability to "Remove" skills and adding new skills such as Hasty which boost attack speed at the same rate as under Focus Spirit and increased the Level cap to 200.

Ganondorf fun time!
    Last edited by darkante; Feb 3, 2015 at 12:01 PM.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Quote Originally Posted by darkante View Post
    Hyrule Warriors renewed my interest with the new Majoras Mask map pack as well as added the ability to "Remove" skills and adding new skills such as Hasty which boost attack speed at the same rate as under Focus Spirit and increased the Level cap to 200.

Ganondorf fun time!
    I haven't installed the Majora's Mask pack yet. I actually forgot about it! Maybe I'll do that tonight.

I'm becoming a little overwhelmed with how much content this game has. I'm still working through the first adventure map! Having the ability to remove skills sounds pretty great, though.

Are there any good ways to grind up levels on your characters? My highest level character is only around level 60 or so and I can't figure out what I'd need to do to actually get characters up to 100, 150, or (dare I say it) 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    I haven't installed the Majora's Mask pack yet. I actually forgot about it! Maybe I'll do that tonight.

I'm becoming a little overwhelmed with how much content this game has. I'm still working through the first adventure map! Having the ability to remove skills sounds pretty great, though.

Are there any good ways to grind up levels on your characters? My highest level character is only around level 60 or so and I can't figure out what I'd need to do to actually get characters up to 100, 150, or (dare I say it) 200.
    I would say the Down-Left Corner of the Master Quest Map if you can keep that Focus Spirit combo going. Pretty sweet if you use that XP potion as well, not sure if Exp skill stack but i had both and it didnīt take long to get 3 of my guys to lv100.

Iīm pretty sure there are better maps, but i havenīt played the Twilight Map as i heard that itīs the hardest one so iīm saving it for last.

Atm, i just want that Fierce Deity costume. =)
    Last edited by darkante; Feb 4, 2015 at 09:46 AM.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Reinstalled Dark Souls 2 cause the new patch added a new ending and boss...

It wasn't worth the time