Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Someone needs to show them the light, it's not too hard to see they have a decent way of actually making a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edson Drake View Post
    While the 3DS was a success. The Wii U wasn't, outdated hardware compared to the PS3 and 360, can't really compete now with current gen, lack of games and originality overall. In fact Nintendo already announced a new console, that's how bad it was for the Wii U. I don't think they're bad financially, just not really as good as they were before.
    WiiU is selling worse than the Wii but that is a given, the Wii was the miracle both Sony and Microsoft hurried to copy in order to get a piece of the new demographics it reached. But, do you know the WiiU and the XboxOne have sold almost the same units? and compare the WiiU catalogue with both PS4 and XboxOne, at least Nintendo has published enough games to make the purchase worth. And if we are talking about outdated hardware, I would include both PS4 and XboxOne, the so called "next gen" still hurting to deliver 1080p and 60fps, and so far their catalogue has been composed of past gen relaunched games at the resolution the PC versions delivered 5 years ago.

Problem with the Wii U was that NintenDOH thought it was a great idea to release a console LONG before any of its major titles would even be released, pretty much relying on 3rd party developers jumping over from the PS4 and XboxOne.

As for the Wii U having outdated hardware... it really does have outdated hardware... Whats more surprising is the type of content they have been able to push out on it using that hardware just shows you how well they are able to optimize it. I mean the thing only has 1.24GHz Tri-core, 2GB of memory and a 550MHz GPU

Problem of the WiiU is the name, I still have to tell some friends my age it is not an accessory for the Wii but a new console. Guess what will happen with the "New Nintendo 3DS"?...

And since the Gamecube days third party developers were afraid of releasing games on Nintendo platforms because their performance was FAR from first party titles, that's why Nintendo let those months for third party publishers, but alas, the console underperformed, because Nintendo fans really only care about Nintendo games, so they didn't buy the console, and specially not the games (Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Sorry but the four pillars are intact: Total War, Football Manager and Sonic, I don't know about Alien, who knows if they are working on more Alien games or if they will pas on the license, but you can ad now Company of Heroes by Relic. Oh, and forgot Creative Assembly new team is working on a Total Warhammer, and I'd expect Relic to be working on a Warhammer 40k tittle too.
    The four pillars are there, yes, however they are now not stated as the main IPs to be focused in the west.
    Stating Digital, PC, Mobile hopefully gives SOA a bit of room to bring in other jp titles, like we have been seeing towards the end of 2014.
    I see this as a positive for PSO2, i'm not saying its 100% coming but certainly better odds than the old strategy of the 4 main pillars for the west as a focus.

The problem is the day they announced their focus in the "4 pillars", they also announced a focus on digital. And PSO2 has always been digital. I see no changes in the matter...

I've heard stories about SEGA working on hardware to possibly release a console when the time is right but I guess they completely gave up on that for now.

They completely gave up on that in 2001, and this has never changed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Lol Sonic Boom killed Sega harder than Sonic '06 and the Sega Saturn combined.

I thought the incompetence bar couldn't be raised any higher. Good on ya, fellas.
    Pretty much this.
    Player ID: Skycross
    Characters: Valifor || Reza || Kamika
    Ship: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Lol Sonic Boom killed Sega harder than Sonic '06 and the Sega Saturn combined.

I thought the incompetence bar couldn't be raised any higher. Good on ya, fellas.
    Well, Sonic Boom isn't really much of a Sega game. It was not made by Sonic Team, so even though it was published by Sega, it wasn't made by Sega.

Think of Sonic Boom as the Wand of Gamelon/Faces of Evil of the series.