Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    I just realized something about Te/Hu when you linked that. Te/Hu has a bit of fine print that might be easily missed: You need rainbow sets. Not just one, but at least two rainbow sets of weapons. One for Wands, another for either Wired Lance or Partisan that's Techer-usable, and there's no native Techer-usable Wired Lance or Partisan with good ATK below 11*.

Why rainbow set? The 10 points in Elemental Weak Hit, which is where the bulk of Techer melee damage bonuses come from,

And why two rainbow sets? Techer is designed as a hybrid class - wands for smacking, techs for hitting things that fly high in the air or are otherwise too hyperactive to smack. Unfortunately a Techer/Hunter sacrifices Tech damage, so to avoid being completely out of options when something takes to the sky or spins right round baby, that's where the Hunter weapons come in.

Your build happens to not have the Gear skill for a Hunter weapon - that's fairly minor and I'd suggest getting the Gear skills recommended in LonelyGaruga's guide.

So I'd imagine entry-level gear for Te/Hu would be 5 Pristine Small Hammers and 5 Crafted Neiclaws. Estimated budget for grinding, affixing and crafting Techer-usability is well above 10 million. Techer is not a cheap class.

Another thing that's easily missed is that Shifta Advance is a % of a % - it's very much a newbie trap skill in that the percentage looks impressive on paper - 125% looks amazing right? Except it's 125% of 19.7% of a character's base attack. That usually works out to 10SP spent for less than 2% more damage. It's a bit like Crit, and the game is full of skills like that so you really need to be careful.
    Why do I need 5 different types of the same weapon? Do I need one for each element or something?

Yep - check the skill Element Weak Hit.

Yep - check the skill Element Weak Hit.
    So I have to make 5 of the same weapon for every single goddamn type of elemental damage and then change them out constantly according to whatever the current enemies are weak to?

Urgh...

Exelica of the Blue Sky TheszNuts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound3857 View Post
    So I have to make 5 of the same weapon for every single goddamn type of elemental damage and then change them out constantly according to whatever the current enemies are weak to?

Urgh...
    Under theory yes, field-wise you rarely need more than two depending on where you go.

Only as a Techer Most other classes don't have to.

I feel kinda bad for bursting your bubble but I figure better now than later.

As far as Techer goes, Techer/Fighter would be more than 50% cheaper since you only need 5 wands - Fighter's damage bonuses apply to techs so your techs will hit pretty hard and you don't need a second set of weapons to cover wands.

Alternatively for a Paladin-type, Bouncer/Hunter with Jet Boots can work, since Jet Boots have the ability to switch elements at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakarisei View Post
    Even you've got Warbrave and Limit Break, those skills are from limited time, and you won't get those effects unless you're on the best moment of using those skills. For example, if you lose the aggro while using Warbrave, where is that 15%? Or, in the case of Limit Break, where is that effect if you die after receiving a hit?

Even those skills are good options, those skill won't be better than BO/HUs or even BO/FIs with 13*, especially when latents are OP, in my best opinion. They can overcome those skills if they want, and nowadays there are some BOs with +1500-1600 s-atk with latent lvl 3.
    The difference is virtually nothing between Fi/BO Quna and Bo/Fi Ares/Ideal vs Bosses. I'll take the option of limit breaking. Not worth mentioning Bo/Hu for damage because it trades damage for survivability, so it will naturally be less here.

Because older PS games doesn't have active skills like Warcry or even Guard Stance to make those roles. In PSO1, or original PSO, although i'd played BB, those things hadn't existed from the original MMO, but at least HU could be a mob wall, a RA could be an extra attack spammer and FO could be a buffer and a good canceler hit. Of course, there is no role of tank and heal, but at least they'd got some important roles in that game, roles which shouldn't be ignored.

About being self sufficient, unless you're talking of playing offline mode in pso or one person in bb... no, i can assure you that you're not self sufficient in those games. You can't solo old pso because you really need a very good equipment, and even you've got it, i can assure you that that thing is nothing easy.

In BB, there are some japanese missions like Realms of War that you cannot do it alone, at least in online mode.
    that is not quite what I mean by self sufficient, you are not truly self sufficient in this game either, unless you want to show me magatsu/td solo clears.

And now... why supports and tanks?

Because unless you want seeing a game which the people can break the game easily, for example when people with CT + BA/VR while farming magatsu with near all players with GU as a main or sub, a variety of roles is necessary in online games for preventing people spamming the same class and the same PA near all the day. Because this, and for other reasons, in Japan, PSO2 has got an average point of 3.75 (3.3 before ep2) if you find reviews of the game, looking for PSO2評価 in google. Seriously. Maybe the game has slightly increased the average point because the presence of some content like Yamato or Shingeki no Kyoujin. But not for a good game.

Plus... even japanese people cannot consider PSO2 as a MMO, so... you can check it when you want.

Greetings.
    you can hardly say that is the problem with class variety, the problems that arose out of those is because sega let certain multipliers stack out of control. you can add abilities that are offensive and not supportive in nature and still prevent something like that from happening. you say this like every damaging class plays in the exact same way, but they do not. Te/Hu wands is a very damaging class against mobs because of the way the explosions work, but less effective against bosses. Gu/Ra is a very damaging class against bosses but not against mobs because of their weak AoE and the way CT works. there can be variety without needing a tank/healer/dps trinity. if you want that, play another game. that has not, will not, and should not be what PS is like.
    Last edited by KatsuraJun; Mar 28, 2015 at 10:41 PM.

Only as a Techer Most other classes don't have to.

I feel kinda bad for bursting your bubble but I figure better now than later.

As far as Techer goes, Techer/Fighter would be more than 50% cheaper since you only need 5 wands - Fighter's damage bonuses apply to techs so your techs will hit pretty hard and you don't need a second set of weapons to cover wands.

Alternatively for a Paladin-type, Bouncer/Hunter with Jet Boots can work, since Jet Boots have the ability to switch elements at will.
    ...alright, any recommendations for the Fighter Sub skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound3857 View Post
    ...alright, any recommendations for the Fighter Sub skills?
    don't quit the idea just yet, it is not as expensive as you think to get the bare minimum when it comes to 5/6 weapons. I say 5 or 6 because one element is completely useless as it is right now, so you do not need to worry about it.

you can get a set of mediocre wands that are every element and then gradually replace them with the best ones. even with Te/Fi, to play optimally (as in take advantage of EWH) you will need 5 wands.

Try checking LonelyGaruga's Techer guide, but I'd say the core skills would be Brave Stance and Brave Stance Up. For wand whacking, Striking Up 2 and 3, for Techs, Tech Arts JA and PP Slayer. Wise Stance can be a cherry on top, and then Weapon Gear skills for giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by KatsuraJun View Post
    don't quit the idea just yet, it is not as expensive as you think to get the bare minimum when it comes to 5/6 weapons. I say 5 or 6 because one element is completely useless as it is right now, so you do not need to worry about it.

you can get a set of mediocre wands that are every element and then gradually replace them with the best ones. even with Te/Fi, to play optimally (as in take advantage of EWH) you will need 5 wands.
    The killer on Te/Hu wasn't the 5 wands - those are cheap. It's the 5 Te-usable W. Lances/Partisans. Te/Hu typically fights bosses like a Hu with techs.

Why didn't I just stick to Dragon Nest? It was far less complicated, I only needed 1 set of equipment, and the Cleric was VERY WELL APPRECIATED for its buffs and heals and almost a necessity for hard modes.