Page 107 of 758 FirstFirst ... 75797104105106107108109110117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 7578

so I just scratched 372 medals over 4 chars (with another 120 to go after maint), the result:
    1x anniversary lisa
    2x anniversary quna
    2x anniversary matoi
    1x anniversary io
    1x katori
    0x anniversary seraphy

Seems like anniversary seraphy is pretty rare or I'm just that unlucky.

my result:

300 medals

1 x seraphy anniv
    1 x quna anniv
    1 x io S-anniv
    1 x aki

So I finally tested one of own anniversary chips, compared to using other peoples since I finally got a few. Compared to the likes of the sexcellent chips (85% normal/friend, 90% mainslot), anniversary chips get a whopping 15% extra damage in main slot (70% mainslot, 55% other). That's a huge incentive to have one as your main chip rather than anything else.

Wonder if they're just expecting people to equip tons of anniversary chips due to the seemingly random nature of the upcoming EQ's opponents.

I think the ideal chip to put in main slot is Sara, if you have access to both Sara and Saga chips. For a lot of people, the bulk of the damage they output comes from Saga chip - Sara's main slot bonus is to increase status affliction rate (and a small increase to stats), so the sooner and more often you can burn/poison/mirage your target, the more damage you can output in short order (and we all know how much of a damage boost Chaotic Break+ gives...)

I disagree with that, simply because you only need to proc poison or mirage at most twice in a run (panic like, 5-6 times, freeze is worthless shock doesn't work on anything), and generally el ahda will do that with a suitable enough rate with a good weapon. Sara's minor damage boost would certainly not exceed the scaling 15% given by an anniversary chip either. This isn't taking into account that sara and aki are slide activation req chips with 小+ rate, which I've had take in excess of 20 slides to activate before.

Main slot saga is apparently 2.2* multiplier while sub slot is 2*, so there's that too. Doing some calculations, main slot saga/sub slot anniversary and main slot anniversary/sub slot saga are basically equal in terms of damage boost, while sub slot both is about 10% less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Wonder if they're just expecting people to equip tons of anniversary chips due to the seemingly random nature of the upcoming EQ's opponents.

Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    I think the ideal chip to put in main slot is Sara, if you have access to both Sara and Saga chips. For a lot of people, the bulk of the damage they output comes from Saga chip - Sara's main slot bonus is to increase status affliction rate (and a small increase to stats), so the sooner and more often you can burn/poison/mirage your target, the more damage you can output in short order (and we all know how much of a damage boost Chaotic Break+ gives...)
    Sara is probably the WORST choice for status out of all the viable ones for this eq tied with Aki. Small+ means abysmal chances of even activating before you get a chance to use poison so you have to face twice the rng.

Superior choices would be:
    1)El adha
    2)Katori
    3)Misty
    4)Luka

All of which have better proc. rates than Sara.

For Oran specifically though, Katori is probably the best coupled with saga though you'd be better off with no saga at all since you only have 2 slots for element, 1 slot for Echo-S and 2 slots for PA booster+PA So your loadout would look something like this:

Fire Booster, Fire Booster, Echo-S(10s bonus for this eq), PA Booster, PA

If you're lucky enough to own Dreamcast, then you can get away with only 1 Fire booster but most people would need 2 which means no saga.

Have you ever tried to use this chip? Small+ doesn't mean much, especially if you're sliding around a fair bit. I know when I start EQ battles, my first action is to slide a few times to get into position, and to dodge pre-emptive attacks, and usually this has already activated the Sara chip (or any other slide activation chip).

I had no problems activating it a lot using it against Crysdraal, many times within the first 3 seconds of the battle, and this is just to put yourself in a state where all of your attacks can proc poison just like El Arda; you also get a large attack boost with it as well. With El Arda, you have a chance for your attack to proc poison, and that's it, no boost.

My issue with the Misty, Katori and Luka chips are that they're active - it costs you both time and CP to activate the chip, which you could put towards continually attacking whatever EQ boss you are fighting. It also leaves you wide open to attack; if you happen to get hit during the animation? You lose the CP, you lose time, and you don't get the chip effect. But that's just me, and what I feel works and what doesn't always work out based on my experiences, and drive to one cycle the entire fight.

This "argument" is kinda moot if you have overwhelming damage capabilities where you can end EQ fights in 30-40 seconds. But if you're at the point where you can narrowly complete these fights, the last thing you want to do is waste time and resources on manually activating effects that may or may not help you (since status infliction modes are still subject to RNG)
    Last edited by Lyrise; Apr 1, 2015 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    Have you ever tried to use this chip? Small+ doesn't mean much, especially if you're sliding around a fair bit.
    This isn't taking into account that sara and aki are slide activation req chips with 小+ rate, which I've had take in excess of 20 slides to activate before.
    If I spend 10-15 seconds sliding around doing 0 damage because I'm trying to get a chip to activate, that certainly isn't helping things.

With El Arda, you have a chance for your attack to proc poison, and that's it, no boost.
    Yet its relatively low cost allows you to use high cost chips without having to worry about the cost cap, giving an overall better result.

My issue with the Misty, Katori and Luka chips are that they're active - it costs you both time and CP to activate the chip, which you could put towards continually attacking whatever EQ boss you are fighting. It also leaves you wide open to attack; if you happen to get hit during the animation? You lose the CP, you lose time, and you don't get the chip effect. But that's just me, and what I feel works and what doesn't always work out based on my experiences, and drive to one cycle the entire fight.
    I know when I start EQ battles, my first action is to slide a few times to get into position, and to dodge pre-emptive attacks, and usually this has already activated the Sara chip (or any other slide activation chip).
    Given that the first thing you can do when you enter a boss fight is use an active chip with near impunity outside of speedking variants (which leave a nice big of opening for it after your initial dodge), that's not an issue in the slightest. Sure you will lose 40-50cp depending on the chip, but that 40-50cp effectively guarantees you a status effect infliction within 5 seconds on a boss, aswell as perhaps a matching element bonus. If you know how to manage your cp it's an acceptable cost.

Using a chip when you know you're about to be hit is foolish, since with the exception of maybe banther oran/ong, they're fairly easy to read on when to attack or use actives safely and when to dodge. You'd also activate that status effect with normal attacks anyway recovering at least a portion of the cost.

This "argument" is kinda moot if you have overwhelming damage capabilities where you can end EQ fights in 30-40 seconds. But if you're at the point where you can narrowly complete these fights, the last thing you want to do is waste time and resources on manually activating effects that may or may not help you (since status infliction modes are still subject to RNG)
    And that point remains in place for the slide activation chips, you have to activate them again to re-inflict the status, and there's no guarantee they'll activate when you need them to without wasting a lot of time.