Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best class for Gunslash

Hello,

I just came back to the game and i have hard time finding what is the best class to play gunslash. Regarding the forum, gunslash doesn't seem to have munch love.

I was thinking about RA/HU (i'm playing that atm) or maybe FI/HU but i guess FI/HU doesn't have powerfull long range damage right? I'm afraid to have to play only on closed-distance and lose the versatility of this weapon, and that's why i like it.

And what about the Mag? S-ATK, R-ATK, or balanced?

Thanks in advance

If you are trying to use ranged and striking PAs in approximately equal measure, you probably want Fi/Br or something.

i would feel hard pressed to recommend gunslash as a primary weapon, for the most part a classes normal weapons do things better....

but if you do focus on them i would recommend focusing more on the ranged aspect of them, not both.

FI/HU for balance between striking & ranged.
    FI/GU, RA/HU, RA/GU... for ranged main.

Braver has terrible multiplier so I don't think that's really good for gunslash.

bosses burst dmg = fi/hu
    mobing = ra/hu
    balance = fi/gu

I'd say FiRa.

Fighter main for high multipliers to both Striking and Ranged, Ranger sub for traps, WHA and Standing Snipe which should proc during the last hits of Slash Rave.

Should have the best mobbing by throwing a Grav Bomb then headshotting with Add Bullet TAJA Raketen.

WB with Aiming Shot should hit hard enough to break boss parts, or do it GuRa style and Impact Slider to break, then WB Limit Break Slash Rave.

As far as balancing the ATK types goes, I wouldn't get too worried about it being lopsided. The Gun side of attacks tend do be the ones that end up doing the bulk of damage due to their ability to headshot on mobs, and on bosses Slash Rave is around a 50-50 split between Striking and Ranged. Ranger's ridiculous shooting multipliers actually put it ahead:

Ranger: 1x Striking, 2.41x Shooting. 1.705x Average without WB.
    Hunter: 1.76x Striking, 1.61x Shooting. 1.685x Avearge.
    Last edited by Selphea; Apr 17, 2015 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks you all for your answer! ^-^

Is fighter really better than hunter as primary class? Atm i have my hunter 54 and my fighter 45 but i feel weak while playing fighter...i guess my skill tree suck. Is fighter still better if you don't want to play with stance? I have no idea about the skill tree.

Same question apply for Ranger vs Gunner, i hardly understand how gunner would outperform Ranger for Gunslash with all the passive skills that increase ranged damage and you lose WB!

For now i'm leveling my fighter but atm i really feel that HuRa/RaHu is the best!

( Yeah i know gunslash are weak comparing to others weapon...but they are fun to play with w )

Quote Originally Posted by sphirecroid View Post
    Thanks you all for your answer! ^-^

Is fighter really better than hunter as primary class? Atm i have my hunter 54 and my fighter 45 but i feel weak while playing fighter...i guess my skill tree suck. Is fighter still better if you don't want to play with stance? I have no idea about the skill tree.

Same question apply for Ranger vs Gunner, i hardly understand how gunner would outperform Ranger for Gunslash with all the passive skills that increase ranged damage and you lose WB!

For now i'm leveling my fighter but atm i really feel that HuRa/RaHu is the best!

( Yeah i know gunslash are weak comparing to others weapon...but they are fun to play with w )
    Think of it this way: Complaining that Fighter damage is low because you didn't take a Stance skill is like complaining that a car won't move because you didn't put wheels on it.

If you really don't like Fighter stances then I'd go with RaHu.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    I'd say FiRa.

Fighter main for high multipliers to both Striking and Ranged, Ranger sub for traps, WHA and Standing Snipe which should proc during the last hits of Slash Rave.

Should have the best mobbing by throwing a Grav Bomb then headshotting with Add Bullet TAJA Raketen.

WB with Aiming Shot should hit hard enough to break boss parts, or do it GuRa style and Impact Slider to break, then WB Limit Break Slash Rave.

As far as balancing the ATK types goes, I wouldn't get too worried about it being lopsided. The Gun side of attacks tend do be the ones that end up doing the bulk of damage due to their ability to headshot on mobs, and on bosses Slash Rave is around a 50-50 split between Striking and Ranged. Ranger's ridiculous shooting multipliers actually put it ahead:

Ranger: 1x Striking, 2.41x Shooting. 1.705x Average without WB.
    Hunter: 1.76x Striking, 1.61x Shooting. 1.685x Avearge.
    Slash Rave is pretty bad for Ranger because it still scales almost entirely off satk. And Ranger's multipliers also imply doing a lot of stupid things like always hitting the weakpoint which might be unreachable with it or not even exist or standing still for 1 second before launching a slash rave, which I think should move you enough so that you have to stand another second for another slash rave with standing snipe. It might be better to just use Thrillsplosion.

The final (ranged) part of Slash Rave contains 46% of the power notation. It's a 54:46 striking/ranged split, which isn't really scaling off almost entirely off S-ATK.

Thrllsplosion is definitely a really good tool though, and probably the better to use most of the time as far as damage output goes. Could go Ra/Fi for Sharpshooter on it.