Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is it time?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    People complaining about jet boots against bosses just wish they could do vinto->vinto->vinto over and over, from what I see. It's not hard to get 3 bars of gear now especially with the JB gear boost skill.
    The problem with boots is actually in their mobbing. Gran Wave is not that solid at gap closing with the annoying homing, and while Moment Gale is decent at circular AOE it's still not enough. Kind of the same problems as dual blades with their dispersion shrike spam.
    You cannot feasibly manage to get Vinto + EB to work on Vinto > Vinto > Vinto setup in your Weapon Palette, but you 'can' manage to get all three working Vintos (one with EB) to work regardless of your class build, which is an advantage the class has.

The situations where something like that can be used are definitely for when bosses are already downed and expose their weak points, but you have to make sure you have the PP for it (Elemental PP Restorate F helps majorly as well along with Jet Boots Gear to change to the element of that boss's weakness). As for mobbing, I still stand by what I said, and it's not for the PAs as much as it is the elemental changes to your weapon and various techniques 'combined' with the usage of the PAs.

Once again, using Jet Boots is really all about skill. If you can multi-task well enough, and if you setup your skills, PAs, and techs well enough that they all work in unison with each other, then you can still wreak havoc regardless of what people try to tell you otherwise.

Agreed with what un1t27 wrote in that regard. It's very much so a matter of skill as to why some people don't think Jet Boots are good weapons, others think they're just "okay", and then the rest think they're as great as other weapon options. I still can't really tell you a bad weapon choice for this game: there are a lot of good weapons to choose from that are all good for their own purposes if you know how to use them efficiently enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Oh dear I may have started a derail.

How about 'bring the HP gap closer together', and call it a day? Varying atk stats is enough distinction.
    I do not think it is that much of a derail. It still pertains to what we would like for SEGA to add to or change about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Korazenn View Post
    You cannot feasibly manage to get Vinto + EB to work on Vinto > Vinto > Vinto setup in your Weapon Palette, but you 'can' manage to get all three working Vintos (one with EB) to work regardless of your class build, which is an advantage the class has.

The situations where something like that can be used are definitely for when bosses are already downed and expose their weak points, but you have to make sure you have the PP for it (Elemental PP Restorate F helps majorly as well along with Jet Boots Gear to change to the element of that boss's weakness). As for mobbing, I still stand by what I said, and it's not for the PAs as much as it is the elemental changes to your weapon and various techniques 'combined' with the usage of the PAs.

Once again, using Jet Boots is really all about skill. If you can multi-task well enough, and if you setup your skills, PAs, and techs well enough that they all work in unison with each other, then you can still wreak havoc regardless of what people try to tell you otherwise.

Agreed with what un1t27 wrote in that regard. It's very much so a matter of skill as to why some people don't think Jet Boots are good weapons, others think they're just "okay", and then the rest think they're as great as other weapon options. I still can't really tell you a bad weapon choice for this game: there are a lot of good weapons to choose from that are all good for their own purposes if you know how to use them efficiently enough.
    Hello, what do you mean by Vinto+EB ?

Quote Originally Posted by Superia View Post
    I do not think it is that much of a derail. It still pertains to what we would like for SEGA to add to or change about the game.
    Just that I made a thread regarding racial traits once. Didn't want to turn this into a copy, even if accidentally.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

We need toaster support!
    Have them optimize how PSO2 run! Fix fullscreen mode! Fix DoF! Remove nProtect GG!

Quote Originally Posted by Magicks View Post
    I'm going to ask the terribly stupid question in that they'll only take responses in Japanese? :T If so, there's no reason for me to put down my opinions of the game since I don't really speak/know the language that well.
    It's not stupid, but take this with a grain of salt:

You might end up with the notorious "sorry but survey is for jp players only".

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    I'd like to tell them to let me link techniques to any weapon. Using the subpalette to cast techs when I'm using Rikauteri is clumsy as hell on a controller. And while I have consierably less hope for this suggestion, I'd like to ditch the combo system for weapon palettes, or make it somehow optional. I really, really, would like to use TMGs like I do rifles. Admittedly, I'm not sure how you'd work out the shift action.
    I like the idea, I need to take out that spiky sword out sometime.

For GU, I'd love to use it like a rifle too, and I'd suggest removing the Roll and giving it the Stylish Roll instead. This is main class only dodge by the way, so if you RA/GU Roll is used instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Korazenn View Post
    Agreed with the notion that Jet Boots are generally better for all-around mobbing than boss-killing.

However, I can't speak for end-game yet. From what I've played so far, here are my thoughts: Jet Boots are great for mobbing depending on your build, skill, and ability to multi-task really. Using it as a main weapon is difficult for most players because of how cluttered it can make your action palettes (you almost "have" to get the Sub-palette Expansion Ticket for Books 3-6).
    I actually use rainbow boots now, but before that I have a single subpalette slot dedicated to a relevant offensive tech e.g. Rafoie in Lilipa UQ, Sabarta in Nab UQ etc. Just make sure the base boots are Light element.

I don't really consider Jet Boots as essential boss-killers at all outside of Vinto Gigue + Elemental Burst on a BO/HU or FI/BO which are both builds geared towards getting the most out of the S-ATK portion of Jet Boots, anyways, and less focus on techniques (if you can manage being at low HP or getting a crit on the latter, which is why people consider FI/BO as niche).
    Elemental Burst is pretty bad for bosses. It's also TATK-based and unaffected by Switch Strike. Fi/Bo is not exactly niche either. There's more Fi/Bo Boots videos than Bo/Hu.

In my opinion, and for more consistent DPS S-ATK wise on Jet Boots, I'd say BO/HU is still the better choice to go with.

You can't really have a build that's focused on 'both' S-ATK and T-ATK and expect to still pull off the higher numbers that builds focused on either S-ATK for boss-killing or T-ATK for mobbing could do instead for Jet Boots. You'll never make the most out of your Boots that way as there is still not a class that can complement both as well (maybe with the exception of FI).
    I think you're confusing SATK / TATK with Striking-based/Tech-based. The kicks on Boots are Striking-based, but they scale with TATK unless you get the Switch Strike skill. With Switch Strike, they're still Striking-based and scale with SATK. The techs are obviously Tech-based and scale with TATK and nothing can change that.

By default, stacking TATK will raise both kick damage and tech damage. Stacking Striking-based damage bonuses will raise kick damage.

It's like trying to get the most out of Bouncer with Bouncer Mag when your points are better spent in that only if you are also using Braver and can put points into Braver Mag (since you'd get a point allocation of 100% S-ATK / 50% R-ATK / 50% T-ATK from your Mag with just Lv. 190 Pure DEX with both skills maxed out).
    Nah Bouncer Mag on a Boots build is just plain bad. The base ATK on boots is so low that a Dex Mag with Saiki will be close enough to Dex capped that a pure Mag will do better even on crafted boots. And Bo/Br arguably gets more out of a TATK Mag with Rikauteri really.

With regards to T-ATK focus, that's where things change and more options come into the mix. Generally speaking, BO/FI, BO/FO, or BO/TE would be my best bets for classes that boost the technical potential of Jet Boots. I find that these options are still good for boss-killing (BO/FI, in particular), but they're not "great". A T-ATK focus is far better in mobbing situations with those class combos. You should still be able to "solo" bosses provided you have the skill for the job. Fact of the matter, though, is just that Vinto Gigue won't do as much DPS as it would be possible to do otherwise with the aforementioned S-ATK focused builds. x:
    See above, you're confusing S / TATK with Striking/Tech-based.

As for boss-killers, there are SO MANY better options out there for boss-killers already that using Jet Boots for one PA and a class skill coupled along with the clusterfuck action palette makes little sense when Dual Blades can still pull off far more DPS with less hassle. They're still better as boss-killers than Jet Boots are by a long shot. I just think it's a waste to consider Jet Boots as boss-killers solely because of Vinto Gigue + Elemental Burst, as aforementioned, being best only on an S-ATK build. They'll never pull off as much DPS as well as other really good options for S-ATK builds, in all honesty, in their current state. So it's better to go with a build that complements the boss-killing to an extent where you're not in anyway holding back an MPA, but also geared towards mobbing by being focused on T-ATK. I see more potential out of focusing on T-ATK than S-ATK for Jet Boots atm.
    There's two aspects to bosses. One is actually doing damage, which Boots aren't completely bad at, but better options exist. The other is handling/ignoring boss mechanics which Boots are pretty good at.

The iframe window on Boots neutral Shift feels much more generous than T. Dagger Spin and TMG's S. Roll, and Double Jump and Gran Wave's Shift are easy get out of jail free cards. With most other weapons, you need some level of awareness or prediction to not get caught in big AoEs. With Boots, just Gran Wave and press Shift to dodge through everything.
    Last edited by Selphea; Apr 24, 2015 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    We need toaster support!
    Have them optimize how PSO2 run! Fix fullscreen mode! Fix DoF! Remove nProtect GG!
    Sacrastically or not, i want better optomization......and for GG to not be shit most of the time. Hell, whatever doesnt make this game wanna blow your PC, high end or not

Quote Originally Posted by Nobara34 View Post
    Hello, what do you mean by Vinto+EB ?
    EB is just an abbreviation for Elemental Burst.

It's a Class Skill for Bouncer that you can learn that will cause a "burst" of the element attributed to your Jet Boots either normally or by changing the attribute of the weapon with Jet Boots Gear by charging and using a technique. It's always best to try to match the element of the Elemental Burst to what the specific enemy is weak to.

The downside to Elemental Burst is that it resets your gear gauge entirely (thus losing the elemental attribute you changed the Boots to). You can't use it again until the gear gauge is full (hence why maining BO for Gear Boost--the newly added skill this past Tuesday--may come in handy vs. trying to rely too heavily on crits). However, Elemental Burst is a passive/active skill and will activate on its own when the conditions aforementioned are met.

The really good part about it is that, if you are targeting an enemy such as a Darker that is weak to Light with Vinto Gigue in a combo (three times), along with using Elemental Burst, you would do much more damage single-target damage than you would otherwise on an enemy not weak to Light. It is definitely a more feasible skill to invest in now that the updates to gear accumulation are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Sacrastically or not, i want better optomization......and for GG to not be shit most of the time. Hell, whatever doesnt make this game wanna blow your PC, high end or not
    Actually im serious about toaster support since im playing on toaster myself
    Especially fullscreen fix, damn why would most Japanese games i played almost always have this shitty issue.