Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Horrific lag..

I sometimes get 630s while idling. Had my first 630 during Challenge just then.
    Someone else (in Japan) got booted on the first run, so we restarted. Now I got booted.

When the server is this unstable, they should put in a way to rejoin everything.
    They should have implemented such a system to begin with, really.
    It's BS if someone gets kicked randomly, and then it negatively impacts the multi and the victim receives nothing.

In randoms, we can't get everyone to agree to restart.
    And during EQs there's no time to restart.
    The problems just pile on from fundamentally bad design.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Apr 24, 2015 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashea View Post
    i.imgur .com/YrWcA32.png
    Seems to be a Game Guard issue the more I look into this. I know this sounds like a stretch, but it was a similar tracert for someone else I just helped out where I found the problem was Game Guard messing with the hosts file. It's worth a try!

Go into Computer > C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Open up the "hosts" file in Notepad and copy everything within that file into a pastebin for me to look into for you. Don't do anything with the file in Notepad until then, though, and just close out of it without saving when you're done.

I'll let you know which lines to remove, if any, afterwards~

Quote Originally Posted by Korazenn View Post
    Seems to be a Game Guard issue the more I look into this. I know this sounds like a stretch, but it was a similar tracert for someone else I just helped out where I found the problem was Game Guard messing with the hosts file. It's worth a try!

Go into Computer > C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Open up the "hosts" file in Notepad and copy everything within that file into a pastebin for me to look into for you. Don't do anything with the file in Notepad until then, though, and just close out of it without saving when you're done.

I'll let you know which lines to remove, if any, afterwards~
    Interesting. Might be worth noting that yesterday evening I had a big problem with Game Guard while playing that caused one of those 1 min forced shutdown critical Windows errors. After the reboot it'd throw up a GG error when trying to boot PSO2 (but the game still would run). I just did the usual fix in the Tweaker.

I'll throw up my hosts file and trace route as well since I'm having the same issues as Bashea, just in case they can help:
    Trace route
    Hosts file

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Interesting. Might be worth noting that yesterday evening I had a big problem with Game Guard while playing that caused one of those 1 min forced shutdown critical Windows errors. After the reboot it'd throw up a GG error when trying to boot PSO2 (but the game still would run). I just did the usual fix in the Tweaker.

I'll throw up my hosts file and trace route as well since I'm having the same issues as Bashea, just in case they can help:
    Trace route
    Hosts file
    Hmm...your HOSTS file reflects how it is supposed to look here (as in, there are only comment lines with the (#) that starts them), but I'm seeing that you're also getting connection errors in your tracert in areas that Bashea did as well. This makes me think it is an issue with the server, and not as much your network.

Could both of you do one more thing for me, please (still send me that hosts file if you can, Bashea)? Send me a pastebin of your logfile.txt from the PSO2 Tweaker folder. If there is an unseen error causing the issue from missing files or something else, it can also be at the route of the issue, so I'd also suggest trying to run all the Troubleshooting options (especially Check for Old/Empty Files and Empty/Deleted Files along with Fix Gameguard Errors) and then trying the game again to see if all that helped out.

Also, make sure that your PSO2Proxy link is correct. You can Google it to find the site by CyberKitsune as I can't post links here to it.
    Last edited by Korazenn; Apr 24, 2015 at 03:16 PM.

Hmm...your HOSTS file reflects how it is supposed to look here (as in, there are only comment lines with the (#) that starts them), but I'm seeing that you're also getting connection errors in your tracert in areas that Bashea did as well. This makes me think it is an issue with the server, and not as much your network.

Could both of you do one more thing for me, please (still send me that hosts file if you can, Bashea)? Send me a pastebin of your logfile.txt from the PSO2 Tweaker folder. If there is an unseen error causing the issue from missing files or something else, it can also be at the route of the issue, so I'd also suggest trying to run all the Troubleshooting options (especially Check for Old/Empty Files and Empty/Deleted Files along with Fix Gameguard Errors) and then trying the game again to see if all that helped out.

Also, make sure that your PSO2Proxy link is correct. You can Google it to find the site by CyberKitsune as I can't post links here to it.
    Alright, here is the logfile. I've ran all the checks in Troubleshooting twice so far and tried playing the game with all patches removed with no results. I don't use the PSO2Proxy either since I started being able to connect normally again a few months ago, however I did try with the old Amazon Web Services method again earlier and it was no better.

I also do not use the proxy at the moment, this is a fresh PSO2 install from last night

Hosts
    Logfile

Pretty much all of this started since the last patch. I appreciate the effort of trying to figure out our problem!

EDIT: I thought it may weirdly have something to do with the english translation files, so I totally removed anything to do with that and it didn't have any result.

So it is definitely not that. I thought I would try just to see.

EDIT2: I'm going to head to bed. Be back later. Thanks for any future replies while I'm asleep.
    Cancel that, I'm pulling an all-nighter
    Last edited by Bashea; Apr 24, 2015 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Alright, here is the logfile. I've ran all the checks in Troubleshooting twice so far and tried playing the game with all patches removed with no results. I don't use the PSO2Proxy either since I started being able to connect normally again a few months ago, however I did try with the old Amazon Web Services method again earlier and it was no better.
    I also do not use the proxy at the moment, this is a fresh PSO2 install from last night

Hosts
    Logfile

Pretty much all of this started since the last patch. I appreciate the effort of trying to figure out our problem!

EDIT: I thought it may weirdly have something to do with the english translation files, so I totally removed anything to do with that and it didn't have any result.

So it is definitely not that. I thought I would try just to see.

EDIT2: I'm going to head to bed. Be back later. Thanks for any future replies while I'm asleep.
    Cancel that, I'm pulling an all-nighter
    The hosts file you have is also perfectly fine as well as both of your logfiles from PSO2 Tweaker. In other words, the issue is really nothing else but the server connection itself. These recent trace routes show that, due to the requests timing out in the same exact areas following SoftBank for multiple people, it leads me to believe there is something wrong with their server.

I've seen a commonality expressed by some users on Skype and a lot of it has to deal with the type of ISP they're trying to connect with at times as well.

This definitely seems like a connection issue to the server. If these issues continue to occur, you both might have to resort to using the proxy from Tweaker and see if that changes anything for the game. Are either of you playing from a laptop by chance?

I've heard recent rumblings over Skype that people using a laptop have had strange issues running PSO2 at times vs. their desktop. Sorry I couldn't be of more help! Hopefully, SEGA gets around to fixing this problem for its users sooner than later as I have seen JP players affected by it too in Challenge Quests. >.<

The hosts file you have is also perfectly fine as well as both of your logfiles from PSO2 Tweaker. In other words, the issue is really nothing else but the server connection itself. These recent trace routes show that, due to the requests timing out in the same exact areas following SoftBank for multiple people, it leads me to believe there is something wrong with their server.

I've seen a commonality expressed by some users on Skype and a lot of it has to deal with the type of ISP they're trying to connect with at times as well.

This definitely seems like a connection issue to the server. If these issues continue to occur, you both might have to resort to using the proxy from Tweaker and see if that changes anything for the game. Are either of you playing from a laptop by chance?

I've heard recent rumblings over Skype that people using a laptop have had strange issues running PSO2 at times vs. their desktop. Sorry I couldn't be of more help! Hopefully, SEGA gets around to fixing this problem for its users sooner than later as I have seen JP players affected by it too in Challenge Quests. >.<
    The tweaker from the proxy as in Cyberkitsune? Or is there another one out there? Because I see on the tweaker where it says Proxy, but I have no clue if that's two different things from Kitsune's.

The tweaker from the proxy as in Cyberkitsune? Or is there another one out there? Because I see on the tweaker where it says Proxy, but I have no clue if that's two different things from Kitsune's.
    It's CyberKitsune's proxy that you see there on PSO2 Tweaker. c:

You can search "PSO2Proxy" on the web to find it.

My sister has been having this exact issue for several months now. She plays on laptop, I play on desktop. Otherwise we are on the same connection and I hardly ever lag.