Thread: Gunner question

Default Gunner question

which would be better as sub-class Ranger or Hunter?

Ranger for damage, Hunter for survivability.

Ranger has Weak Bullet, Weak Hit Advance, Standing Snipe (for mid-air Satellite Aim) and Killing Bonus which is pretty good for PP managment, though it requires you to hit weakpoints and to stand still (incompatible with some PAs), it is the best choice imo for damages.

Hunter has Fury Stance and JA Bonus which not requires you to always stand still and to hit weak point, it also has Massive Hunter and Automate Halfline which is a good thing when you go in a pack of mob or in ultimate (hello shoulder tackling mobs).

If you want the best DPS, go sub RA, if you want survivability, go sub HU.
    Also someone made a guide for Gunners, here is the link : https://worldsojourner.wordpress.com...gunner-skills/

You'll find everything you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

I ran GU/RA for most of my time playing the game, and it is true the damage is stellar in small bursts, especially with Grim Barrage out now. It's also a class combo you actually have to do some work to achieve damage for. Some classes rely on their build and one PA to get them home. But with GU/RA you need to set your WB/CT, then earn that damage with your PA for chaining and such.

This being said I recently switched to GU/HU because as GU/RA you die a lot. Even with great affixes you die a crap load, and at some point it feels like you lose a lot of DPS if you spend too much time hugging the floor. Automate half line and Massive hunter are absolutely useful to you as well, as they ensure your resistance, and knock back resist are great during damage set ups.

So while GU/RA has higher damage potential. I would rather have survivability, and moderately high damage instead. Not only this, but I also tend to get tired of switching out weapons for WB, then switching back and loosing the remaining 3 WB shots. I feel like it ruins the flow of the class combo.

Now as for skills, well you'll find yourself not making a whole lot of use of standing snipe because GU is a very mobile class, and sharp shooter is RA main only. So there's 50% damage in your tree that you just aren't using at all. however, you do still get a 25% higher damage boost from RA tree compared to HU even when not using those skills. But again personally. I make more use of the HU tree than RA tree.

And to add one final thing. WB really weakens the power of CT. Because when you use CT you want to get as close to 100 chain as possible, but the length WB stays out will only permit you to get to say 40 chains, maybe a bit more if you get lucky. But with HU you can rely on another RA to WB for you, and get that 100 chain and do damage that GU/RA couldn't possibly touch.
    Last edited by Cortte; May 17, 2015 at 03:29 PM.

Is Gu/Br a good combo at all? That's what Ive been using. If it's significantly worse than I'll switch it to Gu/Hu.
    Ship 02
    Grace Hu/Fi 80/80, He 80
    Jazz Br/Hu 80/77
    Skorne Fo/Te 75/75, Ra/Gu 75/75
    Rex Diablos Fi/Hu 75/75

Quote Originally Posted by Skornedemon View Post
    Is Gu/Br a good combo at all? That's what Ive been using. If it's significantly worse than I'll switch it to Gu/Hu.

GU/BR would be all right if you use Bow, but using Tmechs leaves a lot from the BR tree you're missing out on, So I would say GU/HU just because all the damage comes from stance and JA attacks without needing a charge. Not only that but you get pretty much all the survivability you could ever need.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortte View Post
    GU/BR would be all right if you use Bow, but using Tmechs leaves a lot from the BR tree you're missing out on, So I would say GU/HU just because all the damage comes from stance and JA attacks without needing a charge. Not only that but you get pretty much all the survivability you could ever need.
    Thank you for the reply, I'll keep note of that!
    Ship 02
    Grace Hu/Fi 80/80, He 80
    Jazz Br/Hu 80/77
    Skorne Fo/Te 75/75, Ra/Gu 75/75
    Rex Diablos Fi/Hu 75/75

GUHU has practically several different faces available on it. There's the Fury direction, which will boost your overall offense damage. Nothing too special there. Then, there's the Guard direction, which makes you a tanky unit with an already awesome evasion ability. However, there is a hybrid of the two where you go for the flash guard and flash tech guard abilities and then fill everything else on Fury Stance and then to the JA-related damage boosts. Then, there, there's the aggro build, which will will pretty much emphasize War Cry and Showtime. It's annoying that GUHU is very plain in what your build will be, but I guess simplicity does work with a lot of people.

GURA has a wide range of support skills as well as a much higher damage burst damage. However, GURA is moreso catered toward boss battles and a lot of auxiliary operations that often has a GURA standing aside most of the time. However, if used right, people will love the fact that you pulled aggro with showtime, suck enemies in with Reverse Tap or Gravity Bombs, put weak points on enemy parts, damage redux in higher levels... you can guess what it does for the party as a whole. Basically, a GURA is more of a team player than a GUHU.

GUBR is one of those builds that is just awkward to even put together. It really depends on what's going to be your main weapon. If you're going with mechguns, your skill tree approaches are very limited in the BR tree. The stances are all that you can pretty much do with a few exceptions. Bows are more decent to main in the combination of GU and BR, which would make BRGU more of a better choice, imo. First of all, you can just focus on Bow skills on your BR build and then a stance. Then follow up with Chain Trigger skills and the whole tree under Zero Range with a possibility of Aerial Advance or Automate Deadline. There really isn't a lot of flexibility with a GUBR or BRGU build in the long run, but PP recovery rates will be much nicer as a Bow user.

This's just what I'd do if I had the time and money on my classes
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!