Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post

Their true form being the castle still doesn't sound right to me, though, since the only element of its design it has in common with them is its color scheme.
    People keep saying stuff like this, but compare hunar to elder, or Angel to Loser. While they obviously share similar motifs, pretty much anything they have in common is the same stuff they have in common with all their darkers, which is the same case if you compare double to the castle.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 1, 2015 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    People keep saying stuff like this, but compare hunar to elder, or Angel to Loser. While they obviously share similar motifs, pretty much anything they have in common is the same stuff they have in common with all their darkers, which is the same case if you compare double to the castle.
    Yeah, I guess the castle really is Double... the only part that saddens me is just the lack of any sense of duality... but ah well, we get what we get
    SHIP 02 - PokeminMaster
    Lucinova - Deuman - 75 Hu, 55 Fi, 75 Fo, 80 Te, 80 Bo, 75 Su, 80 He
    Aura - CAST - 75 Fo, 77 Te
    Sylvia - CAST - 75 Ra, 76 Br

Quote Originally Posted by PokeminMaster View Post
    Yeah, I guess the castle really is Double... the only part that saddens me is just the lack of any sense of duality... but ah well, we get what we get
    Well I'm not saying it HAS to be. Though there could still be some duality thing going on that we haven't seen yet. Because I agree that it's pretty odd there isn't one.

Well I'm not saying it HAS to be. Though there could still be some duality thing going on that we haven't seen yet. Because I agree that it's pretty odd there isn't one.
    Like I KEEP SAYING, it's there - but you guys need some "obviously 100% different form shape" in order for it to qualify as "duality" in your eyes.

The Castle is one form, the Chess Towers are another. How hard is that to understand?!

When it splits up into the individual towers, which shoot lasers and Darker walls at you, that's the BOY taking the reins. The compounded Castle is the GIRL in command.

I mean, hell, Falz Douran and Dourill don't even really look all that different (save a few VERY minor details), even when they fuse into Dourumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    The Castle is one form, the Chess Towers are another. How hard is that to understand?!

When it splits up into the individual towers, which shoot lasers and Darker walls at you, that's the BOY taking the reins. The compounded Castle is the GIRL in command.

I mean, hell, Falz Douran and Dourill don't even really look all that different (save a few VERY minor details), even when they fuse into Dourumble.
    I don't normally read your posts sweety. Heck I technically didn't even say anything that contradicted what you said.

Or maybe??? Double's Castle??? Is just??? A new??? Boss??? That isn't??? Exactly??? Double???

Because when you think about it; the trailer's title probably referred to Falz Dourumble. Castle Darker is probably just a new boss. Notice how Toy Darkers never got a "Commander"?

By Commander, I mean this;

Aquatic Darkers have Zeshrayda as their commander.

Insect Darkers have both Ragne and Vibras sharing the commander role.

Winged Darkers have Blu Ringahda as their commander.

Toy Darkers only have Coletta Edetta so far, so there's a possibility that Castle Darker is just a new boss. Also, it wouldn't make sense for Castle to be the pre-boss to PD Fragment, because well, look at the checkerboard area? That's toy themed. Dark Falzes never have two different areas for their EQ. (Elder/Arms = ARKS Wreckage, Loser/Apos = Mothership)

I may be really biased, but that's my observation.

Edit: Now that I rewatched the trailer, I mentioned a some time ago on another thread that there is a certain sound effect in each IDOLA and pre-Falz boss song in PSO/PSO2 that also plays in the theme used in the Double teaser. So my whole theory is kinda scrapped out by that.
    Last edited by Zanverse; Aug 1, 2015 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanverse View Post
    Or maybe??? Double's Castle??? Is just??? A new??? Boss??? That isn't??? Exactly??? Double???

Because when you think about it; the trailer's title probably referred to Falz Dourumble. Castle Darker is probably just a new boss. Notice how Toy Darkers never got a "Commander"?

By Commander, I mean this;

Aquatic Darkers have Zeshrayda as their commander.

Insect Darkers have both Ragne and Vibras sharing the commander role.

Winged Darkers have Blu Ringahda as their commander.

Toy Darkers only have Coletta Edetta so far, so there's a possibility that Castle Darker is just a new boss. Also, it wouldn't make sense for Castle to be the pre-boss to PD Fragment, because well, look at the checkerboard area? That's toy themed. Dark Falzes never have two different areas for their EQ. (Elder/Arms = ARKS Wreckage, Loser/Apos = Mothership)

I may be really biased, but that's my observation.

Edit: Now that I rewatched the trailer, I mentioned a some time ago on another thread that there is a certain sound effect in each IDOLA and pre-Falz boss song in PSO/PSO2 that also plays in the theme used in the Double teaser. So my whole theory is kinda scrapped out by that.

You also need to consider that Suganuma's been using each new area (or two areas in this case) for experimenting with all kinds of crazy ideas that violate precedent.

Biggest example: Kuron. It's going to have the portal to the boss area gated by points, meaning you CANNOT rush to boss. No, you're actually going to have to kill shit and do E-Codes to get there.

He's effectively making it not unlike an LQ in this regard. Which would be fine by me if he gave the areas prior the same treatment. The fact that he's only doing so every so often tells me that he pretty much ignores most content unless it has to do with anime collabs and/or how much panty he can stuff in a new scratch.

Not to say that when he DOES get his shit together, he actually produces some solid gold content.... but that's more often than not a rare thing to see him pull off.

That's not actually true. Hunar and Elder have quite a bit in common. The red lines on Hunar's chest match up with Elder's eyes, and Hunar's head has a similar structure to Elder's (where the head core is). Hunar's wings and Elder's...thing on his head also share some level of design. The main issue with Elder's design not matching up as well with Hunar is that he also incorporates the Falz Arm design, which makes sense given that the CG cutscene indicates that Elder's entire body is pretty much entirely composed of Falz Arms.

As for Angel and Loser, while Loser mainly incorporates the religious that Angel draws on, the cloak that Loser wears matches up with Angel's waistcoat too. Loser also incorporates several characteristics from Luther. I was going to write a post on this a week or two ago on all the characteristics Loser's design incorporates, but that was multiple lengthy paragraphs before I even finished, and I doubt anyone would want to read that. But essentially, everything about Loser's design connects with Luther, from the owl design (symbol of knowledge), the religious angle of design (corresponds with motives), the clock motif (fits both Luther and the owl design, also present on Luther's outfit), etc etc. I could go on about how appropriate his design is but that's not what the point is.

The point is that Castle is an extremely inappropriate design for a Double's DF form. It's an amusement park castle. That is like the very opposite of the kind of design for Double, and it fails to incorporate any of their personality, design elements in any form, or anything notable about them at all. It has no duality motif, no mouth motif, and nothing related to their inner universe or copying powers. There's nothing tying it to Double beyond being a large toy darker. If Castle is Dark Falz Double, it is without a doubt in my mind the most disappointing Dark Falz design, without question.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Aug 1, 2015 at 02:22 PM.

I am confused, did it not say Dark Falz Double in the preview video directly before showing the castle enemy?
    Why would they show the text stating Dark Falz Double, but then show a completely different enemy??
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

Aren't they saying "Its name is Dark Falz Double" ?
    Last edited by Poyonche; Aug 1, 2015 at 04:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.