Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I could care less, It's not possible for me to hate something I don't like. I'll try it, rent it or something, then make a decidion to buy it from there.

This game is similar to...
    Hero Clix + Yu Gi Oh. Not just Yu Gi Oh alone.
    Hero Clix has more of the enviroment add-on strategy

just accept that the phantasy star series has constanly reinvented itself to stay fresh. phantasy star wasn't alway real time you know. it used to be turn based, and cola and burgers used to heal, and there used to be four members in a party, and there used to be a talking cat. and this is all phantasy star one. just accept that it will be a card game and quit yer whining. who knows, you just might like it.

and by the way, yu-gi-ho has to be the saddest thing ive ever heard. let's show a least a little bit of maturity on these boards, ok??

On 2003-08-03 16:52, monkeyfist wrote:
    just accept that the phantasy star series has constanly reinvented itself to stay fresh. phantasy star wasn't alway real time you know. it used to be turn based, and cola and burgers used to heal, and there used to be four members in a party, and there used to be a talking cat. and this is all phantasy star one. just accept that it will be a card game and quit yer whining. who knows, you just might like it.

and by the way, yu-gi-ho has to be the saddest thing ive ever heard. let's show a least a little bit of maturity on these boards, ok??
    Great post.

I would also like to include a statement here.

Do any of you have Wind Waker and like it? Did any of you ever say "Holy **** WW is going to blow?"

That's exactly what some of you are doing to C.A.R.D Revolution. Give it a chance, or stop you damn whining. Predicting how a video game is going to turn out popularity-wise is something only a loser would do.
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

Oracle of Destruction

Really, I like the new direction. Why? Because even if they made new weapons, new areas, new characters, ect it will still be the same repetitive, mindless yet additive game from before. I love PSO Ep. 1&2 but you cant get me to spend fifty bucks on a new PSO that plays like the other.

But if they did continue with the same gameplay that Ep. 1&2 had Im sure it would eventually bore players and will stop buying it. Seriously, do you think that the mindless gameplay that is PSO would keep you entertained through its (most likly) many sequals. Sonic Team knew this and decided to change it before it went down the road of "Tomb Raider".*

With the new style fights should be more deep than the same run-up-to-the-enemy-and-slice-him-to-death and will actually require more thought into your actions. After all, you can only do so much with Ep. 1&2's gameplay.

Thank-you. I've been thinking about this for a great while and needed to release my thoughts somewhere were people could read it.

*This is really just an exageration of what might happen if Sonic Team decided to reap of the addiction that is housed in PSO

Playing PS, I got addicted... while having one character on the team I got to level 20.... whoops...
    And testing PS2, i realize the battle system is very different, faster and more versatile.
    In PS3 it suddenly became very strategic.
    And lastly, in PS4 you could create combos of techniques to make supermoves, kinda like a beat 'em up super attack (Marvel vs. Capcom style).
    Now, in PSO to PSO ep1&2 the gameplay has been the exact same thing, with the difference of first one new difficulty, and then a new, impossible to beat by only playing it episode. I HATE OLGA FLOW.

Then, after playing the same game, running through forest 2000 million times, Sonic Team comes up with yet another gameplay type, using cards.
    I just hope they don't drive into a tree like Capcom did with Megaman Battle Network.
    They've never let me down with a battle system, why would they now?

Wow, I like how CLANCE replies to this thread just to try and make fun of me. GOOD JOB ;x

I really don't see EP3 being all that bad. Card games aren't that bad, but some do flounder and others.. well, suck.

I'm just wondering: HOW is Sonic Team going to make the game? Do we design a character then roam around with a deck of cards?

my opinion....the series peaked at PS4...

the gameplay of PSO is usually tight, target issues aside, revolutionary since the inception on the DC..

as an RPG PSO seems very weak to me in that aspect... but the story driven aspects of the 8 and 16 bit days seem very watered down currently. some quests help but it's like a bandage over a gaping wound.

it's a tough balancing act here, i won't deny that.. gameplay vs. story elements vs. online issues.

this being said, the card elements of pso3 really aren't going where i could imagine any of the old fans could be really into. be a yank gaijin i really doubt i could even imagine what the jp market is like. as far as the western market goes, the only CCG i can imagine having any sort of cred is magic the gathering. being more like a geek pen and paper D&D affair then a saturday morning "gotta buy em all" saccharine kiddy targeted market goal.

whatever happened to the product placement cartoon show? is it just me or did transformers (not that new armada BS) and GI Joe have somewhat deeper stories than this nauseating poke-yugi crap?...or am i just reminiscing my younger days with rose colored spex here?

well this post has been a schizo mess, but maybe these sega folks know what they're doing for their primary market to consider... but to anyone who grew up playing 8/16 bit PS's in the states who is currently doing the PSO thing, is anyone going to be buying this?!?!?! given all the sorts of connotations with japanese card type games.....
    of course i only speak for my small demographic here.. but hell- it's all i have

the only hope is that there is some full fledged PSV coming our way someday

actually the card game might let more of an expansion of items, new areas and such. i mean its alot easier to design more battle arenas than to make more PSO ep1&2 levels.

On 2003-08-02 20:50, Deluge wrote:
    Would someone be so kind as to explain to me why PSO Ep.3 will be a card game?
    Probablly because they wanted to take a game with potential and turn it into crap.