Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Almost 70 hours and just finished chapter 5, I'm enjoying too much exploring and talking to people in the city, at every chapter lol that game has become EVERYTHING I've ever wanted on a jrpg, and I still haven't seen a half of it, literally.
    I can tell you haven't seen the half of it due to Chuggaconroy's report. He was still missing out on about 30% of discovery stuff when he was 168 hours in. And that doesn't even include the content he would see different (or different mission arcs) if he made different decisions along the way.

As for me, I haven't been able to play at all since day 2 due to my incredibly busy schedule which has me away from home all day and all evening, only to be home just to get some hours of sleep and leave again. However, sometime this weekend, I'll be able to continue. Either in the break between shows, or after Sunday's Matinee. Then I have about a week away from production work (after work) leading up to the 2nd show weekend.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Dec 11, 2015 at 09:17 AM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Mind if I join the "Gush about XCX" bandwagon?

But seriously, this game is amazing. The scenery, the music, the gameplay, the 'Oh Shit, I'm being chased by an indigen twice my level' moments - this game is GOTY quality on those alone.

Level 28, after blazing through the first 7 chapters - the first 6 for a Skell, the seventh for the hell of it. Don't remember my playtime, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was nearing a full day of total playtime - or surpassing it, for that matter.

Really, if PSO2 was even half the game XCX was, I would not be feeling burnt out on it.

The only complaint I have about this game is the lack of the boob slider in the localized version.

I just ordered this game. I should probably look more into it, but from all the glowing faces in this thread and the videos I've seen I have a feeling I'll be in for a good time.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

So what Division did everyone pick and why? I spend a hour last night pondering and reading arround what would be best suited for me but I still am not sure with my pick. I went with Harrier cause I want to focus on melee attacks but I was also intrested in Curator and Pathfinder. Collectibles are always arround so that should be easy points and you can discover landmarks only once so Pathfinder would be better for that I guess.

I just don't want to end up regretting my choice even if you can change them on a whim.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

I went the pathfinder way and seeing how hard some enemy drops are I may consider going reclaymer, I completed a bunch of quests by buying the materials after cleaning an area of enemies and not getting the drop.

I chose Prospectors as my division of choice after sticking to Interceptor for a while.

Mostly found the combat a little more eventful than I would've liked, ie. tyrants spawned and would attack me in the middle of a mission/affinity related target. Also, having 3 points per resource pickup towards my BLADE level is pretty nice when I'm just driving around in a skell.

Another note, finally airborne even if it was a test flight:
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Started with Outfitters, changed to Reclaimers, and went with Prospectors so I could get Skell Tickets, since they're the top division.

I'm still in the Interceptors group. I'm fairly happy with my first choice, so far.
    I finally got in about an hour or two, last night. (Theatre hell week ended yesterday)

I got to do my first successful Squad mission, even soloing one of the five monster hunts. Had some crazy time doing a mission I picked up in the field, where I had to retrieve a comm radio that was lost. Finding it, the *lost* radio was literally a bit in front of a powerful Grex creature, just along the edge of its detection radius.

It was kind of interesting because it could be played either as a *fight and retrieve* mission, or a stealth mission, depending on how powerful you are.

Being of low level, the scary stealth approach was the only way. As you need to walk (not run) to try to pick it up (because you can't pick it up if you're in battle). If you do it just right, you get it, do it wrong and you're startled right slap dab in front of a creature that could pretty much OHKO you (not only that, but waking that creature wakes the nearby buddy to join in the hunt). The fact that if you run, their detection radius is much wider really puts on the pressure because I didn't know how close I could really walk towards the creature without detection. It's like finding out exactly how good that creature's vision is.

It was a bit thrilling, to say the least, and took me a several tries to do it, often ending with me Jumping off the side of a cliff and running for dear life before it can land a hit on me. Some of those tries were my attempt to run, grab, and run away, and it was my act of moving too fast that got me in trouble. I also figured out they don't like water. If I try to run on land, they can chase you a pretty good distance before giving up, but making it to the nearby lake can also save you.

Also, as another Cardiac moment, there is a Giant Titan Grex that often runs circles around a wide berth of that same area, and he moves super fast. His path actually passes by my approach to the item in question. Fortunately, when going top speed, it tends to have a little more tunnel vision. It's like seeing your life flash before your eyes, every time you are navigating just enough outside of its path, and you see that behemoth just dart and spring right past you clocking cheetah-like speeds. You sometimes catch it with the edge of your vision, disappearing so fast, it's like a split-second later you realize how close to insta death you were.

Anyway, got the thing, hauled butt out of there, and wondered how the NPC even could've survived leaving that radio out there.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    often ending with me Jumping off the side of a cliff and running for dear life before it can land a hit on me
    That's what I've been doing since start while exploring places I should provably not explore at that point in the game, while some beacons are impossible to place either because you need to fly, or need mechanical lvl 5, or enemies with 20+ levels than you are guarding the point, others are only a matter of stealth, jump and run

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Started Story Chatper 4 last night. I kinda wanted to explore more of the first continent before heading to a new one but for some reason I decided to go along with it afterall. There is just so much to do and the game is so big I haven no clue honestly what to do and just end up running randomly accros the field with no real goal in mind. Not that I hate that or anything, It's kinda refreshing you can just spend hours upon hours running arround randomly.

Nontheless, dat second continent man...this entire game looks so good ;;

Anyone any clue why Prospectors are always #1 on ranking and like 3-4x as much points as the #2?

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.