Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

Version 1.5 of PSO2 Chat Translator has been released!

Apologies once more for the problems with failing translations! This release should fix the problem again, and also includes the ability to use Microsoft Translator and Google Translate through their official APIs.

Check out the "Translation service" tab in the Options window, where you can choose between Microsoft (API Credentials), Google (API Credentials), and Google (Free). If the Google (Free) service breaks in future, you can now sign up for the Microsoft Translator API, and choose the free subscription that allows up to 2 million characters to be translated per month. If you prefer Google's translations, you can instead pay per character translated.

Please check the first post to get the latest download links. The changelog is below.

Version 1.5 (January 2, 2016):

• Rectified an issue with failing translations.
    • Added support for the official Microsoft and Google translation APIs, both of which require credentials to use. If you don't wish to use the official APIs, you can continue to use the old free service, by selecting Google (Free) in the Options window. Please be aware that the free service may stop working at any time.
    • When using the official Microsoft and Google translation services, transliteration will be performed by the Unidecode library, which unfortunately provides less accurate transliterations than those from the Google (Free) service. Neither Microsoft nor Google provide transliteration services through their official translation APIs.

Cheers,
    Tanerinn.

2016-01-02T21:10:24 95 PARTY 12054508 リノ 人間

->

[21:10:24] リノ: Human [Ren Jian ]

the translation is working but the transliteration seems to output mandarin? using both google free and microsoft with credentials
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Version 1.5.1 of PSO2 Chat Translator has been released!

This is a hotfix to the release of version 1.5 which was also released today, fixing an issue with transliterations.

Please check the first post to get the latest download links. The changelog is below.

Version 1.5.1 (January 2, 2016):

• Fixed a bug that meant transliteration was being performed by Unidecode, when using the Google (Free) service. Unidecode should now only be used when using the Google (API Credentials) and Microsoft (API Credentials) services.

Cheers,
    Tanerinn.

thanks for fast response!
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Tanerinn's New Year gift is here! Thank you! xD
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Hm... this is a bit strange. The translator has translated three messages successfully so far, so it is working properly.

After that, though, it stops translating anything else (heck, messages don't even show up in the Translator's log anymore) and I do have Chat Logging in-game enabled. Tried it both with Google (free) and the Microsoft API. It's probably an issue on my end, but I'm a little stumped as to what it could be...

Thanks a bunch for the patch and hotfix, though, it's great that the utility's working again and there are alternate API to fall back to if the official Google translator stops working.

EDIT: It seems to specifically stop working after I switch blocks. Was working flawlessly for me when I logged into B-001 but stopped after switching to B-201.

EDIT2: Nvm. Restarted the translator after switching to a new block twice. First time it didn't work, second time it did, but stopped randomly midway through.
    Last edited by Xirahii; Jan 3, 2016 at 02:58 AM.

same here, the translator completely stopped querying the chat after some time

I'm having that issue as well.

I don't have the issue. But, what I did to use the newest Chat Translator is:
    Extract the files from the standalone ZIP file into the previous Chat Translator folder (version 1.4?) and overwrite the files needed.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur