Page 4 of 116 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

Haven't seen it yet, but I knew Solo's player was going to be a female.
    Just seemed like something they would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanverse View Post
    Ah yes, because first episode dictates the whole anime.
    But the fact is people will stop or continue watching based on the first episode.
    I'm sure that's one of the reasons why a lot of animes have amazing quality in the first episode, and then it just drops to rubbish.
    It's like games with a shitty start. Most people are going to say "f this" and stop playing.

As a creator, you want the start to interest people and draw them in, not bore them to death or drive them away.
    You shouldn't expect people to want to endure crapness to get to goodness much later on. I think the best works are great from start to finish.
    On a similar note, I recently glanced at a new manga where the most interesting and likable character died immediately in the worst way imaginable.
    That manga certainly cemented itself as something I will never re-read, let alone continue to read.

If you're telling yourself "it's just the start, it might get better later" it probably means you have a personal reason to give it a chance.
    For example, you're bored with nothing else to do, or you're hoping it gets better because you have some kind of personal investment (eg. it's your favorite franchise or something).
    It doesn't mean that it's done well.

And of course, there's also personal opinion and expectations.
    I think most people have had extremely low expectations of the anime from day one.
    After watching it, if they're still finding it terrible even beyond their expectations, then... well, it's probably not very good.

Character introductions are such a pain. I mean, it's not like I want to know about the character's story or anything, that's just stupid and irrelevant.
    I think the point is there are many different ways to introduce setting and character story to the audience.
    If it's done in a way that people find boring, then it's probably not done very well.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jan 7, 2016 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    But the fact is people will stop or continue watching based on the first episode.
    I'm sure that's one of the reasons why a lot of animes have amazing quality in the first episode, and then it just drops to rubbish.
    It's like games with a shitty start. Most people are going to say "f this" and stop playing.

As a creator, you want the start to interest people and draw them in, not bore them to death or drive them away.
    You shouldn't expect people to want to endure crapness to get to goodness much later on.
    On a similar note, I recently glanced at a new manga where the most interesting and likable character died immediately in the worst way imaginable.
    That manga certainly cemented itself as something I will never re-read, let alone continue to read.

If you're telling yourself "it's just the start, it might get better later" it probably means you have a personal reason to give it a chance.
    For example, you're bored with nothing else to do, or you're hoping it gets better because you have some kind of personal investment (eg. it's your favorite franchise or something).
    It doesn't mean that it's done well.

And of course, there's also personal opinion and expectations.
    I think most people have had extremely low expectations of the anime from day one.
    After watching it, if they're still finding it terrible even beyond their expectations, then... well, it's probably not very good.
    I'm the type of person to give an anime more than just one episode in order for me to build a good opinion off of it. So that's the mentality that I carry. Take JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for an example. First few episodes are boring as hell in my opinion, but once Battle Tendency starts, everything gets a lot better. Now, I'm a crazed JoJo fan. I know a lot of people that gave up on it after the first episode, and you know what, I could understand.

But personally, I'm still going to watch through the rest of the show for me to at least find a few things that I did enjoy from it, and build a full judgement with that as well. It's not that I have no life, and I'm most definitely not saying that PSO2 will be the best anime ever, if you gave it a chance, I'm just someone that is willing to sit through boring episodes if I have to, so that I can get to the good parts. I'm saying that judging a whole anime off of the first episode isn't so much the best idea in my opinion, anyway.
    Last edited by Zanverse; Jan 7, 2016 at 07:02 PM.

i just hope the mc will be posting on 2ch player ids of mackrels in bl threads
    P S O W
    (ī_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Best part about this imo is having more ingame characters (hopefully) appear in the anime and not just Quna (still quarter of a way in, coming to this thread was pretty spoiler-rific kek)

Edit: Just finished watching, gonna wait for 3-4 episodes more to see if things pickup. Overall the animation is good, but we cant say for sure the quality lasts until the last episode. While watching I can't help but think how can I recreate these charas ingame. Also, that all rappy Rare Drop Koi Koi
    Last edited by Nyansan; Jan 7, 2016 at 07:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

I'm the type of person to give an anime more than just one episode in order for me to build a good opinion off of it.
    Your not the only one who does, i usually give anime's a couple of episodes too because you cant see a story with only the prologue.
    Its 100000000x better than stupid Magical girls Macross Delta they killed one of my favorite franchises hell, Pso2 Soro CG is God compared to that crap CG abomination...
    Well now its time to wait for the next episode lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post

Is Philia wearing black here
    Yea dont forget the version the MC is playing Pso2 Ep4 and i heard that NPCs will suffer some changes clothing wise in there and maybe philia will wear black costume.
    Nice eagle eyes thought!
    Last edited by sesiom000; Jan 7, 2016 at 07:45 PM.

I'm sure it depends on what you want/like. Varies greatly between each person.
    If you see a moderate amount of things you like in the first episode, then I guess try the second and see if it has more or less things you like.
    In my case, it's usually mostly things I dislike or don't care about, to the point that there's really no point in checking out further episodes.

There are some game/drama/anime series I recommended to friends, where they were quick to negatively judge based on a few minor things.
    But I nagged them to give a proper chance, and now they love those works... so, yeah.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jan 7, 2016 at 07:46 PM.

In the future we'll still be using windows 10 and chrome. Also who the hell plays in tiny window mode -______-

Spoiler!

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

I see .... so, on Episode4, Launcher's WeaponAction is Guard?
    Or maybe we can assign Weapon action to anything on Ep4

Spoiler!
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Well at least they put Dark Falz Apprentice Gia in.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Meteor Weapon; Jan 7, 2016 at 08:29 PM.