Page 17 of 116 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767 ... LastLast

As long as the characters are not generic cut-outs of stuff that's been done to death in anime or gaming, I think they might like it. As long as they don't create characters that aren't similar to the cast of PSU.
    Last edited by Noblewine; Jan 9, 2016 at 06:21 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by fuusen_gum View Post
    Looks like some of the pso2 player don't like this anime because it's about high school student who play an online game
    Yes, but it's a bit more complicated than that. The problem is that the genre of "kids play the game" has been so overdone (.hack, SAO, Spy Kids 3D) that some people groan when the idea of another one being made is mentioned. Even worse is that highschool kids have nothing to deal with the actual plot or lore of the game so far (not until ep4 drags it in hue hue). They could have done something more akin to the visual novel, where we follow the daily lives of side characters like Lisa and Fourier, and it would have been great.
    SEGA falling back on "kids play the game" just comes off as really lazy and such a let down compared to what they can normally cook up for PS storylines.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuusen_gum View Post
    well if this not about someone playing an online game then the title would be "Phantasy Star" without the "Online" word.
    Dat flawed logic do. I'm not even going to get into how dumb this is.
    From ship 1 with love!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    The problem is that the genre of "kids play the game" has been so overdone (.hack, SAO, Spy Kids 3D) that some people groan when the idea of another one being made is mentioned.
    It's been parodied years ago.
    I think more important than that is, the plot is just boring. I don't care about what happens to the school kids because school kids are boring. I've seen school kids for twenty years, in situations where the plot is tailored to having school kids in it. In this anime, the school kid plot seems awkwardly forced in, despite taking most of the runtime. And not only that, but it also makes the game portion less interesting.
    All the tension is the fight scene is lost, because there's no stakes. I care about as much if he wins as I care if my little cousin beats Bowser, except I care about my little cousin. If he wins, he's a little bit happy because he did good at a game. If he loses, he gets a little bit sad because he did bad at a game. Either way, I don't care much what happens.
    At least the fight scene itself was interesting enough.

The cgi really is more for saving time and money.I have to wonder what would've happened if they got Polygon Pictures to do the anime,the same people that did Knights of Sidonia and the upcomming Ajin.

Spoiler!

Karaoke done...
    We are not a speedsub team but we will soon release our version..
    The other episodes should be released faster..
    Last edited by Sayara; Jan 10, 2016 at 06:02 AM.
    My T-Shirt Shop : SnowFox Clothing
    If you want a specific design custom made just PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I don't care much what happens.
    For you to care about PSO2 The Animation it should be FISHES ATTENDING SCHOOL AND PLAYING PSO2 IN A FISHTANK WHILE PLAYING AS ARKS FISHES...
    Man... How about you go see Finding Nemo, and stop making comparisons that make no sense whatsoever for once...
    Last edited by sesiom000; Jan 9, 2016 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Yes, but it's a bit more complicated than that. The problem is that the genre of "kids play the game" has been so overdone (.hack, SAO, Spy Kids 3D) that some people groan when the idea of another one being made is mentioned. Even worse is that highschool kids have nothing to deal with the actual plot or lore of the game so far (not until ep4 drags it in hue hue). They could have done something more akin to the visual novel, where we follow the daily lives of side characters like Lisa and Fourier, and it would have been great.
    SEGA falling back on "kids play the game" just comes off as really lazy and such a let down compared to what they can normally cook up for PS storylines.

Dat flawed logic do. I'm not even going to get into how dumb this is.
    It's not a VRMMO and the characters aren't trapped in the game so that's already quite different from the SAO-types.

The impression I get is that this is set in a school setting not so much because the trend is there. In a school setting they can insert strategic product placements like people beating Vol Dragon on a Vita as well as thinly veiled propaganda - even if you're a totally average loser in real life, you can kick ass with a Gunslash in PSO2! And it won't affect your grades! Also it's cool and a worldwide phenomenon that everyone who could be arsed to jump through the Japanese captcha hoops is playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Funk View Post
    Spoiler!

Karaoke done...
    We are not a speedsub team but we will soon release our version..
    The other episodes should be released faster..
    [spoiler-box(replace this with a ])[/spoiler-box]

Are they intending have episodes on a weekly basis?

I'm curious as to whether or not they're going to do more then simply drop hints about the impending Phantom invasion prior to Episode 4's release.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Im thinking this animation is gonna need its own section. Different topic about a show can bloom rapidly
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!