Page 22 of 273 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253272122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    If pets are generic damage, then Hunter sub would be awful because it wouldn't boost pets at all. Fury Stance and JA Bonus only work for striking and ranged attacks, and Fury Combo requires a JA, which Summoner can only do via techs.

Fighter sub on the other hand does boost generic damage via its stances, so /Fi will probably be the best. /Br and /Bo are the next closest things, with Average/Weak and Elemental Stance.

Pretty sad class design when /Bo is arguably the second best thing you could use as a subclass.
    No ja? What devil's work is this?
    But I said strike switch...
    It could have been like JBs in this regard but if pets cannot ja (holy shit, wtf sega?) then hu is pointless.

And honestly, pets + fi stances is a nightmare. Stuff focuses on your pet. Su will have little reason to be close to enemies.
    Enemies at a distance changing the way they face means either making a big slow circle around them or being close, which gets you into into the damage without a way to fend for yourself.
    And I kinda doubt that dodging nonstop lets you use pet attacks much.

Of course it's feasible but in the long run it's not gonna perform well and is gonna be retarded as FUCK.

Oh well, at this point summoner is like a rocket with a broken hatch that you expect will leak oxygen once in space but it actually starts to disintegrate even before lift off.

What should be the best summoner sub, for what you know?
    I never tried any force or magic on any pso game, but i like this class and maybe it's the moment to try some magic tricks ;3

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Not no JA, but no JA Bonus (the Hunter skill) that applies to the untyped damage type.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    It could have been like JBs in this regard but if pets cannot ja (holy shit, wtf sega?) then hu is pointless.

And honestly, pets + fi stances is a nightmare. Stuff focuses on your pet. Su will have little reason to be close to enemies.
    Enemies at a distance changing the way they face means either making a big slow circle around them or being close, which gets you into into the damage without a way to fend for yourself.
    And I kinda doubt that dodging nonstop lets you use pet attacks much.
    Pets having no JA system has been confirmed for a while.

All Switch Strike does is change from calculating off of T-ATK to calculating off of S-ATK. Hunter grants, through S-ATK Up, 225 S-ATK. Fighter grants 200 S-ATK. We don't even know if this will be worth it or not until we know how much ATK of each category Batons grant.

Pets with Fighter stances would work pretty much the same way as tech users would, I have no idea why you think it would be a hassle. Have you and your pet in front of the enemy with yourself being a distance away from it and you'll get the full damage bonus with no risk involved.

So I guess to consolidate:

Su/Fi
    Possibly best sustain/mobbing, depends on whether the stance is measured from the pet, from the character or from some silly spot in a corner of the map itself due to summons being implemented by some hacktastic coding.

Su/Br
    Depends on what Banish can interact with. If a pet and a Bow can be out at the same time this could be great; if Summoner can stack Ilbarta with good multipliers while managing PP with pet attacks this should at least be passable.

Su/Gu
    Maybe for Chain bird attacks and Perfect Keeper? It's not like multipliers are looking particularly amazing for the other subclasses, Fighter won't have TAJA because no JA, Braver won't have Stance Charge rolling since none of the attacks seem charged.

Su/Fo, Su/Ra, Su/Te, Su/Bo
    Likely no go

Su/Hu
    No JA = no go

X/Su
    No summon = no go
    Last edited by Selphea; Jan 17, 2016 at 03:23 AM.

Su/Br only with bow? No katana?

Katana doesn't have Banish

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Pets having no JA system has been confirmed for a while.

All Switch Strike does is change from calculating off of T-ATK to calculating off of S-ATK. Hunter grants, through S-ATK Up, 225 S-ATK. Fighter grants 200 S-ATK. We don't even know if this will be worth it or not until we know how much ATK of each category Batons grant.

Pets with Fighter stances would work pretty much the same way as tech users would, I have no idea why you think it would be a hassle. Have you and your pet in front of the enemy with yourself being a distance away from it and you'll get the full damage bonus with no risk involved.
    Baton gives equal ATK to all 3 type _(:3」∠)_

Also stream says Baton's ATK won't have any effect on your pet's performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Katana doesn't have Banish
    With banish you mean Banishing Arrow? And what's the problem with that? D:

Tacts have higher base T-ATK then Rods if the stats of the basic one are anything to go by.

Though since you can't use pets with Summoner as a sub, I doubt they'd make any all-class or FO/TE usable ones.
    Last edited by Rakurai; Jan 17, 2016 at 08:24 AM.