Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast

Orbit isn't that good because you are thinking it's not straight downgrade from Austere when you have a no ele one for sheathing. The sheathed potential is pretty bad for sword because it has tons of hitstop and you pretty much lose everything you've gained from 60% regen on hit by not regenerating PP during swings. No, you aren't smart because you've noticed I use good or bad depending on what I compare it with. And no not everyone can just get on every scheduled PD.

And no Red Sword mobbing isn't better than Ideal, it's pretty much the same if you are without unit set.

And the problem is I just don't care about your definition of Hunter using all weapons and being good at them all. I don't care if your definition of Hunter doesn't apply to me, so I just called mine a Swordsman (a type true Hunter).

Why are you even implying I run with Ideal on everything. I rated it as a Sword worth getting because it just is, and said when you get it you are a real Hunter, because all the scrubs just avoid it see yourself. And why are you telling me that there are plenty of better geared Hunter players and they are all better at WL + Partizan too and they all just drop the Sword whenever they see Magatsu. You don't even know me bitch.

How can you even call yourself good at something where you are only good at doing one thing with it. Maybe those Pick Up Throw masters at Magatsu are good at Partizan? I don't care about people who can Volg Magatsu because Volg is strong. I care about beauty and elegance in the form of the master of a weapon. All of you bowmen or Forces that switch for the FOTM are just giant homosexuals from my point of view.

And fuck you, you are a scrub too. Aren't you just some Shifta boy for tryhard teams? Honestly a Techer guide guy calling some class a scrub magnet man. What times to live in.

but hey wired lance also only has 2 pa's kaiser rise (building gear) and holding current (wasting gear) (also people using lances on mobs are literally the most annoying things out there.. well other than the classes that juggle enemies for ages and dont kill)

edit: at vantpers ideal sword sucks get over it. even ares does pretty much similar damage and works on mobs orbit and austere are even better (and orbit vs austere is debatable on most weps including sword)
    Last edited by Flaoc; Feb 2, 2016 at 04:41 PM.

Yeah pretty sure Austere Calibur walks all over Ideal Sword even against bosses...

I've used a 60% Austere Calibur and a 60% Ideal Spear against a Magatsu on VH by myself (Saiki armor so no weapon set bonuses for either). Essentially a DPS race I wanted to try because Austere's DPS felt SO GOOD that I was curious if it actually beat Ideal Spear. Turns out it doesn't, but Austere wasn't as far behind as I thought it'd be tbh... It's pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    Why are you even implying I run with Ideal on everything. I rated it as a Sword worth getting because it just is, and said when you get it you are a real Hunter, because all the scrubs just avoid it see yourself.
    So people that don't use Ideal sword are scrubs now. That's nice.

I said scrubs avoid Ideal as in thinking it's bad sword. I never said everyone who doesn't use Ideal is a scrub, just that you will never see a scrub with it. And no Austere is just plainly better because you actually get less PP in combat with Orbit's sheathed latent thanks to Sword being slow, and for sheathing PP regen you only need a trash one.
    Last edited by vantpers; Feb 2, 2016 at 05:52 PM.

Ideal is alright and fine to use

It's just so specific to what it does. A lot of the harder to do MPAs such as TD doesn't really focus on bossing, and when you do boss, you usually use a AIS.

Overall, the other 13* swords do more damage, but if you want to do more damage you can get Ideal. Just it's not *ideal* to gimp your overall damage and lack in some areas.

Lets just put it this way...

Record 1 video during EQ to show that Ideal sword is marginally good to contribute in MPA. Preferably MD4, if you know what i mean.

Anyway, I care less about "true hunter", even care less about "Ideal"ist or "beautiful".

da heck is MD4? this is not SEA

The only way to play the game wrong is by not having fun! I mean, people can always find other players with similar playstyles. ^.^

Being new to this game, I am having a lot of fun playing as Hu/Fo because it is like a spellsword combination that can use Megiverse to heal which works nicely with Overend's super armor.
    Not only does it offer a bit of everything, but a well timed just-guard can bring Ignition Parry up to reasonable DPS.

So far I haven't been having any issues keeping up with my friends, nor have I ever finished lower than 6th place in a one of those mining tower defense quests. Granted, I can't do XH missions yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    I said scrubs avoid Ideal as in thinking it's bad sword. I never said everyone who doesn't use Ideal is a scrub, just that you will never see a scrub with it.
    Not really the best logic considering anyone out there can get an Ideal Sword and play poorly.

The reason most people don't go for it is for the same reason people don't go for Ideal Katana. While Sword and Katana can and should be used for bossing sometimes (mostly for shorter fights or against enemies unfriendly to your burst-ier weapon's PAs), they're primarily mobbing weapons due to their good AOE and low PP costs. What they lack in is solid burst damage, which is where other weapons come into play. Using Ideal Sword would (literally) just be a waste of the weapon's potential.
    Player ID: Charmeleon (Ship 2)