Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I was going to write an angry rant about how the equipment progression system in the game is bad in general, but I think everyone already knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    When it comes to things like Weapon Crafting, PA Crafting... I really don't think there's any issue with them being "forgotten" considering there isn't really any new content to justify a power creep. While PA crafting would be cool for more PAs, do we really need to buff some PAs at this point? (Well, yes, but we really do not need more power creep at this point)
    I agree that we don't need more power creep without tougher enemies, but, assuming it was actually done well, PA crafting shouldn't inherently add power creep.

There's nothing wrong with not releasing new things all the time, the issue is that old content becomes obsolete due to them shoving better and better items into anything new to make people play that instead of older content (especially with EQs).

It'd be fine if Ultimate felt like it was worth playing, for example, but it simply isn't and you might as well just gather and wait for the next EQ to get all your shinies. Nobody wants to play content that doesn't reward them in some way significant, regardless of how "fun" it might be, especially if it forces a large number of players. (which is only fine if it's something everyone wants to play because best shinies). While Ares is a decent draw, it still takes a rather large time investment to get all 180 stones, something people would rather put elsewhere for better items.

When it comes to things like Weapon Crafting, PA Crafting... I really don't think there's any issue with them being "forgotten" considering there isn't really any new content to justify a power creep. While PA crafting would be cool for more PAs, do we really need to buff some PAs at this point? (Well, yes, but we really do not need more power creep at this point)
    Well you said there's no need to a power increase but yet, SEGA just added ways to increase power with Rings. The one I just got last night, the R / P Keeper Tech ring, has the potential to increase power up to 3%, that's like 75 ATK. This increase could have been added to new crafting levels instead, but no, SEGA decided it was better to make people run around like idiots by digging and fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    assuming it was actually done well, PA crafting shouldn't inherently add power creep.
    That's just not really possible though. You can intend for new additions to be as balanced as possible, but in the end new PA crafts would either be situationally better than old PAs (adding power creep) or not be worth using at all (doing nothing).
    Player ID: Charmeleon (Ship 2)

Or Sega could be just pouring features first, then fill them up later.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Or Sega could be just pouring features first, then fill them up later.
    When is later though?

I really don't think there's any issue with them being "forgotten"
    Subunits certainly are no matter how you look at it, they should have been slot items for the suit like in previous installments of this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    When is later though?
    Exactly.

I don't think Sega has given up, I just think there is no need for more crafting atm.
    Crafted red is close to some 13* in damage, crafted units can get 11* unit like def and very good stats when crafted, right now crafting is at a good point and are many reasons to do it.

I suppose when crafting becomes weak cause other gear gets too far ahead we will get more crafting options.

There's nothing wrong with not releasing new things all the time, the issue is that old content becomes obsolete due to them shoving better and better items into anything new to make people play that instead of older content (especially with EQs).

It'd be fine if Ultimate felt like it was worth playing, for example, but it simply isn't and you might as well just gather and wait for the next EQ to get all your shinies. Nobody wants to play content that doesn't reward them in some way significant, regardless of how "fun" it might be, especially if it forces a large number of players. (which is only fine if it's something everyone wants to play because best shinies). While Ares is a decent draw, it still takes a rather large time investment to get all 180 stones, something people would rather put elsewhere for better items.

wow! very well constructing! maybe graduating in Harvard?

Keep in mind that PA craft is intended for those less used/under powered PA. Some crafted PA are even weaker than original but gain side uses instead, like aiming shot.