Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 x FFXIV

Gal Gryphon seems the most likely, it's the easiest one to pass off to Western FFXIV players since it has been in a localised PSO before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    If they are adding a "DPS check" (their own words from the stream) boss in PSO2, it's only fair to give them a reflex check in return.

Robokitties, Diabo and Anga for crossover, please.
    A DPS check isn't much unless they make the battle End when he uses his Ultimate.
    I mean look at Profound Darkness. That has a DPS check and we can just Photon Blast or Katana Combat through the Instakill and even if we fail that, we can just pop a Scapedoll and continue the fight.

They really need to rework the PSO2 mechanics for this fight to be an actual challenge.
    With 12 people bringing 5 moons each there's already no real penalty for dying. If we can just invincibility our way through his Ult then why even add a DPS check?
    I want the fight to just end and be a fail if he casts it. Like how in the original FATE he leaves after using his Ult.

Man now I feel like ranting about how the PSO2 dev team come up with these cool mechanics that are completely negated by our ability to bring 72 Revival Items...

Really hard to decide since a lot of our bosses move around while FF14 bosses are a bit more stagnant.

I see Big Vardha as being the most likely one to be added. Probably starting out the boss fight already on top of Big Vardha. You would lose the 4 beam cannons in front and small guns on his sides but could keep the missile launchers that rise to the main platform.

Short version is I'm guessing Big Vardha due to his size and his very slow movements. (Not so much his attacks but when Big Vardha actually moves around the deck)

Just because a boss moves a lot in PSO2 doesn't mean it has to in FF14. The mechanics can be slightly adjusted, as I'm sure Odin's will be, to suit the different gameplay.
    Like how would the tank buster work in PSO2?

Quote Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
    Just because a boss moves a lot in PSO2 doesn't mean it has to in FF14. The mechanics can be slightly adjusted, as I'm sure Odin's will be, to suit the different gameplay.
    Like how would the tank buster work in PSO2?
    Maybe it is just poor showing but Odin is barely moving in the PSO2 video. I suppose you could give the boss a rather low HP value in FF14 terms to make up for its moving, but it is generally a game based on constant dps. As our Odin will probably have an extreme HP buff compared to the FF14 version.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Mar 21, 2016 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    Maybe it is just poor showing but Odin is barely moving in the PSO2 video. I suppose you could give the boss a rather low HP value in FF14 terms to make up for its moving, but it is generally a game based on constant dps. As our Odin will probably have an extreme HP buff compared to the FF14 version.
    I'd put that down to Odin's non-auto attacks being spells he casts around the field rather than him running to a target and smacking them. It would be hard to translate a FF14 boss to PSO2 without changing the mechanics entirely, but it should work fine the other way around.
    Like Ragne, you could easily turn that into a fight where it doesn't move around. Not that it already does. The jump could become an AoE Stomp. Tanks would have to face it away from the group to keep the energy disk attack thing away from the party, the party itself needs to watch for the leg telegraph to avoid being kicked and then there's positioning when a leg breaks and you attack the WP for increased damage.
    If you fail to break all 4 legs before a certain point, Ragne does the body charge where it slams the ground with its body and shocks the area around it, wiping the party.

Not much movement required, but its still the same boss from PSO2.

it's just a freaking boss guys

People will find way to breeze through it, or one shot it.

I don't see how this is worth a whole thread anyway

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

I wonder what affix will this boss vomit? Every colab has always had a high chance of dropping high slot weapons/units

Cougar dropped nothing
    Knight Gear had Stamina III/Spirita III
    Gal Gryphon had Stat2+mutation I
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

I know this sounds silly but if they ever brought the Arks Dance Festival to Final Fantasy, that would be quite an interesting thing to witness. ♪

That's probably one of the best things to bring there, come to think of it. But you know they'd shoehorn Quna instead.