Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast

Thread: OverParse

New version, name anonymizer toggle backend changes blah.

Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    request hotkey to switch between normal version and 1st April.
    1st April was fun. Very good for relaxing with friends.
    Right now i am have 2 versions and toggle between it.
    I'm not even 100% sure I have the April 1st code anymore, and I prefer to keep dumb shit out of the codebase/interface to keep things simple, but I'll think about it.
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

Quick update to bring OverParse in line with the latest plugin version, Variant just switched self-detection around so that names are no longer dumped as YOU.

Woah, I didn't know there was already a lightweight tool showing the damage, dps and stuff.
    I was about to code one myself in WPF just now, similar to this one till a friend of mine told me about this.
    Awesome tool. Good job, might use this instead of the heavy ACT one.

A few questions, if you don't mind.
    I only skimmed quick through the post, so sorry if I ask something that has already been answered.

1. AutoUpdater
    Why not use ClickOnce for distribution?
    I know it's not the most famous thing in the world, but works fine with .NET applications and VisualStudio.

2. Feature: Boss HP/%/Remaining health
    Could we add this to it? We would need a list of possible encounters and their HP to calculate all the stuff needed.
    Could be set up via Logging > Set encounter > Profound Darkness > Extra Hard (50m HP, I think) for example and then be shown at the top or bottom.

3. More Features...
    Show MPA HPS at the bottom, Damage Received, Player statistics like JA %, etc... will maybe code a few things into it and then create pull requests if you want.
    Even though if we add too much it wouldn't be lightweight anymore xD

PS: Awesome Spagetti-Code, might maybe simplyfy a few things for a better and easier code structure and maybe add MVVM support
    [PSO2JP] Ship06 - PlayerID: Ceilana
    "My characters? I have no characters... I have an army :v"
    You can find me on YouTube, Twitch, Steam and GitHub.
    Check out this cool website I made for incoming PSO2 Emergency Quests!

Some Boss HP's are already on http://lulls32moen.web.fc2.com/ but the problem is, some have less HP (like Elder + Loser has less HP than their main EQ counterpart) and I don't really see how you can map that correctly

iirc the Boss HP is all guesstimated on there from finding out the HP of parts and then multiplying. For example it says Apprentice Jia has 42M HP or something but it really has about 29M HP.

Well you could map that by using different options: Profound Darkness and Utterly Profound Darkness.
    The emergency quest names should be different anyway. Not exactly sure if the HP scale for less players...

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    iirc the Boss HP is all guesstimated on there from finding out the HP of parts and then multiplying. For example it says Apprentice Jia has 42M HP or something but it really has about 29M HP.
    Of course it's not 100% accurate but the damage parser isn't 100% accurate anyway, because of AIS, slow loading, out of range etc...
    But it would be cool to have an overview during boss fights or an estimated time when the boss will switch phase or die for RDR...

Quote Originally Posted by Flyergo View Post
    snip
    1. I dislike installers, and I want to minimize the amount of bullshit that can go wrong between the code I write and the user's PC.
    2. Boss HP measurements are imprecise enough that I don't consider this a priority. Technical restrictions prevent me from doing it the "right" way.
    3. JA percentage might be neat, but HPS isn't a useful metric given the game's content spread and I'd rather not clutter logs with irrelevant information.

The code is a disaster because the first build was hastily adapted from a proof-of-concept console app, and I never really bothered to tie up the loose ends and structure things correctly. I also haven't really coded anything since high school: not a career programmer or even a hobbyist, just a dude who learns what they need to make stuff. If I'm playing often after the next update, I might try and rewrite everything.
    Last edited by TyroneSama; Apr 17, 2016 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyergo View Post
    Of course it's not 100% accurate but the damage parser isn't 100% accurate anyway, because of AIS
    BrGu MPA with no AIS on wave 6 so that's out. If anything the number should go even lower because of those 999999 banish explosions.
    , slow loading,
    What?
    out of range
    Everyone hugged Apprentice for like 10s until it dies so nope.

etc...
    . 3. ...

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneSama View Post
    1. I dislike installers, and I want to minimize the amount of bullshit that can go wrong between the code I write and the user's PC.
    2. Boss HP measurements are imprecise enough that I don't consider this a priority. Technical restrictions prevent me from doing it the "right" way.
    3. JA percentage might be neat, but HPS isn't a useful metric given the game's content spread and I'd rather not clutter logs with irrelevant information.

The code is a disaster because the first build was hastily adapted from a proof-of-concept console app, and I never really bothered to tie up the loose ends and structure things correctly. I also haven't really coded anything since high school: not a career programmer or even a hobbyist, just a dude who learns what they need to make stuff. If I'm playing often after the next update, I might try and rewrite everything.
    It's also worth noting that for post-analysis (JA %, HPS, etc...) you might be better off just taking advantage of ACT's wealth of features. No point reinventing the wheel there.

For uh, boss HP huh. You could just get a bunch of people who know what they're doing to do a fight perfectly and record the damage dealt and call that the HP (do it a few times and average it). But for things where you're doing 300k to a rappy with 100 health, it'll be a bit skewed. At least the logs make it a bit easier to see exactly what's going on instead of guessing with numbers flashing on the screen.

Falz Arms, Magatsu's parts, etc... sound like a huge pain though. I'm still not sure how I'm going to deal with the AIS stuff yet.