Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

How much are SCAPE DOLLS again?

Quote Originally Posted by BWS-1 View Post
    Just... don't die? And even when you do die, there's always people with moon atomizer that can revive you, and to top it all, they give so many half dolls I'm making a coffee table out of them. That's literally the worst example you could go with...

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

i've got about 30+ scape dolls in storage on a new account that is about 3 moths old . . . You know you could get tons from campaigns, bonus quest, daily login stamps and bingo(1 per char, so 3 for freemium) for FREE. Not to mention players below level 15 or was it 30 get like 3 free revivies per day . . . And if you die alot, there's only 1 solution to that, Git Gud.
    Last edited by arokidaaron; May 7, 2016 at 10:16 AM.

I dunno, the current cash-grabbing going on with PSO2JP seems hard to beat, even by Nexon standards... as the current PSO2 setup can't really be made into a "pay to win" (PSO2 being focused as a PvE game), it's a "pay to have acceptable level of gear and/or skill trees to be worthy of being considered in a group".

So a "pay to win at PvE". The only way I could think Nexon making it worse is if you'd have to pay monthly sub to KEEP extra skill trees as a "premium account feature"...

... shit, I might be giving them ideas.
    Just gonna have to join the other poster in utterly laughing at this post.

Shit, aside from inventory space (which I don't actually need), I haven't spent a cent on my newest character and she's totally destroying everything thanks to crafted, boosted red weapons. She's not even 75/75 yet!

If this were, say, Blade & Soul, she'd be waaaay behind in progression and still be unable to fight in the newest dungeon because of the gear gating. Completely different ball park. (And even then, I wouldn't say B&S is "P2W").

It's been established that SEGA is earning quite a large amount of money from PSO2.
    But I'm sure it's not so much from the "pay to win" stuff like Scape Dolls that almost nobody buys.
    It's more the AC scratches. Outfits, accessories, lobby actions, upgrade items, etc.

PSO2 has some crucial stuff (eg. Mags) locked behind paywall, but it's not as bad as other games I've played.
    It's also very generous in giving people Half-Dolls and Este Tickets for free. Stuff like that.
    Although it wasn't like that originally.
    It's also possible to solo most stuff without dying. Other games, not really possible.

Extra skill trees are only necessary for certain classes and if you want to have the top configuration for each situation, and extra MAGs are only necessary if you plan on leveling certain classes with the same character, if you can manage your PA discs and distribute them with your other characters you can easily have melee, ranged and technique classes distributed to different characters, with one Mag each (which is actually better for managing storage). And having extra characters has always more benefits, like more free skill tree resets on each update that changes anything about skills, and everything else that each character is limited in game (Time Attacks, EQ, fishing...)

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBlob View Post
    Just... don't die? And even when you do die, there's always people with moon atomizer that can revive you, and to top it all, they give so many half dolls I'm making a coffee table out of them. That's literally the worst example you could go with...
    Yeah I guess that's a bad example, but I find it annoying there are skills (not a lot, mind you) that are all "75% chance of not dying when you should have died" at max. Then again, if you just suck less sure that skill is useless (and so are scape dolls) that might be negligible, but makes you think then "what a waste of a skill, why does it even EXIST". Though that isn't that big a deal

If we are starting to think PSU, having your own room and everything that came with it basically requires monthly sub here (not even gonna mention offline as a worthy element, because well, not like PSO2 has one). But I guess it's not so bad, since the game is free by default here...

But count in extra mags (unless you play ONE character), extra characters (if you don't want to pay for extra mags and don't want to pay for skill trees), skill trees (minimum to be viable if you want to have a minimum of diversity in one character) and maybe the same features of the PSO/PSU games at the ready, you'll end up paying monthly for the game in the end anyway. But yeah sure we don't have to, but compared to Nexon games I've played and never had to put money in, I hardly see myself be able to do the same thing with PSO2; too many little things costing you 3$ here, 6$ there... and 20$ here (if you want inventory space - not extra storage space because that's another story [and another 'premium' braquet/category of monthly costs]). Maybe because I lost interest in Nexon games before feeling like putting money, so that has to be a sign for something. Still, I was more put off by their games then by their cash-grabbing non-sense. In PS02, it's the other way around.

And we're not even talking about character outfits yet. AC Scratch, what a delight. I can't just default play as, say, something that looks like the good ol' HUcasts for example (even if technically default for every other classes is sets of outfit close to the original designs). Unless they added the "melder set" to character creation (which I haven't checked), you have to GAMBLE your way with AC scratch to get it. Good times. More money burnt there. Then again, that might be too specific so that doesn't count... and probably should just buy it off someone's shop... for half a million meseta if I'm lucky? After I buy premium first to be able to trade, that is... unless I get something out of the FUN scratch I guess.

Alright, so maybe it isn't as BAD as Nexon... but it ends up being as costly or more costly than a game on its own to get the same things without having to pray the gods of luck in the scratches every couple days. Still, might be worth it in the long run. I mean, it's not like SEGA's selling everyone the Episodes in PSO2.

Alright, I'll admit I was wrong.

I clearly just got intimidated by the insane amount of things that cost you money right off compared to the older PSO/PSU games. I still think the ACScratch/GoldScratch gambling bit sucks balls though. Just get a shop proper for that kinda shit, SEGA, geez, maybe THEN you'll be able to legally release outside Japan. Gambling regulations in Japan aren't the same and more accepting of that kinda stuff because it's technically "not gambling" since you are using money to get "stuff" not more money, so I wouldn't be surprised that's a big thing in preventing PSO2's release internationally, or just in North America... wait, who am I kidding, The Battle Cats is littered with that shit and is available here just fine. I have no idea anymore. I'm tired. I dunno, there's got to be something more to it. I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Still. Ship transfer fees suck though; while not going as far as PSO ver1 or ver2 on Dreamcast where not only could you get on ALL servers, but on any ship at anytime, you could, in PSU (in American servers) just jump ships whenever to go see people populating ship x or y, without losing anything. That bit still bothers me about PSO2. A lot. Especially given all the things that DON'T transfer over to the other ship. Not only it isn't free, but it's a botched cheaped-out transfer at that. Best just start another character instead.

AC outfits can be bought with meseta from player shops, your room tikets are almost free, you only need to reach a certain level and drown on cubes to purchase them, and with time you will have enough FUN points to get 3 day shop tikets from gambling those free points, it's still behind RNG but it's not completely out of reach for free players.

The only "real" advantage of premium set is being able to trade 10-12* weapons and 10-11* units into tickets to purchase other weapons and units from the player shop, but you only need to be premium once and get more tickets that you will ever need, and not bother with premium ever again, unless you want a shop 24-7, and some players may come and say that there is no need for 11-12* because crafting.

IMO premium is only mandatory if you play mostly in the shop counter and earn meseta by playing the market, and most of the player-base does not play that way.

I still think the ACScratch/GoldScratch gambling bit sucks balls though. Just get a shop proper for that kinda shit, SEGA, geez, maybe THEN you'll be able to legally release outside Japan.
    Gambling has NOTHING at all to do with sega west release lagalization.

Cosmic break (this one is japanese, with a NA release super p2w and ALL gacha/gamble based), RO2, Grind Fantasia and many many others have these "Gamble for cosmetics or even p2w stuff" systems in its NA release versions.

i do hope you were kidding in the parts that you need premium to buy stuff of player shops and 500k meseta a cast part with the current payout of xqcos+tacos x 3 free characters is more than affordable.
    =Ziel= Ship 02
    Ninel 90/90 Ra/Hu Gund...Cast!

Amusingly enough most of Sega's updates through the latter portions of Ep3 into Ep4 were to basically invalidate a lot of AC necessities. The Bonus Card gave us a ton of Halfdolls (which were once pretty rare) and even Grind Skip +5, which negated the need for AC Scratch items for a Grind Skip +7.

The increasing availability of certain affixes means the affix market has pretty significantly deflated, so shop passes/premium isn't really what it used to be, the increasing availability of 11, 12 and 13* culminating in Collection File giving top-tier 12* and accessible while potent 13* means that the weapon passes are almost unnecessary these days. Yeah, collection file has a cooldown you can negate via Star Gems but 48 hours is so insignificant it may as well be there only for formality.

Pet Feeds are kind of a thing but those are honestly more charitable than Mag feedings if you ask me (Though Past Level 100 it gets kinda mean leveling a pet...), Collecting is the only thing that I'm on the fence on in terms of greediness. ... Well, that and Skill Trees/Mags, but widespread knowledge basically negates the 'cost' regarding that feature. It probably hurts for a lot of the new PS4 players who don't know any better though...