Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Ditch. The shitty. Ability system.

I would much rather there be small skill trees where you can do special grinding to get ability points and go down a tree to get specific affixes. Maybe something like Borderlands where it's 3 skill trees that focus on different attributes with a maximum amount of skill points.
    And maybe only gold rarities get skill trees and the higher the rarity, the more skills they can get and the better affixes you'll have. And capstones can be shit like Soul Receptor and what not.

Because ability grinding as it is the worst upgrading mechanic I have ever seen in an RPG. I don't even bother.

gimme weapon and unit transmog please

Remove eggs from the game
    Remove Magatsu bonus quests
    816 anyone that has Summoner above level 1
    816 anyone that uses animal accessories
    Add XH difficulty to existing quests that don't have them
    Make Ultimate relevant again
    Consolidate all these god damned stones into a single currency type holy shit
    SUPER WIZARD EMPEROR

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    I'd have to go through my own post history to put down everything I want, but I guess I'll make it short;

More depth to combat: giving us DOTs that can't stack with themselves, debuffs, etc on different PAs would be a start. If I want to be more extreme, I'd suggest making the skill trees be used for customizing PAs like blade & soul's.

Less mindless 12 man mpa content with no chance of failure. More things like TD4, and less things like yamato.

Single party objective based ultimate quests with enough incentives to keep people coming.

Another challenge quest similar to CM1 in length, nuances, and PA/disk availability (CM2 just throws some of the best PAs/techs in the game at you) with an incentive that will keep players coming back.

AC scratch split into subcategories.

I'm not one for big original ideas. Game is full of good stuff with potential that they miss the mark/neglect.
    One of the cute things to Fighter/Techer.... Five Digit numbers in Damage Over Time is nice on Sub-bosses. However, more combat depth won't be achieved under the current system where level 50s can destroy level 70s.

Guild Wars 2 and Black Desert Online both use a Skill-Based Combat System, just like PSO-2 uses a Photon Art/Tech based combat system. Its true normal attack exists in wands, but the major focus are on the Photon Arts which take the place of Skills.

The other games are more Combat-Worthy, but don't have the Dungeon Crawling, Time-Attacking Element that PSO-2 has were measurement at the individual level can come in.

I guess in order to make a better Real Time Combat system, there has to be a reason to think, a reason to fight... and most of all... a reason why comboing is worth it. As long as we are wiping out trash mobs in 2 hits, sub-bosses in 3 hits, and major bosses in four.... that won't go anywhere.

I feel that PSO-2 is like combining two opposites together to make it work. The two make the game unique in having opposites, but the two eat away at each other. Gives just enough to make the game worth it, but by the very same...it also becomes the reason why the game can not advance in the way that it should advance.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Add a conversion of 5 gold badges for 1 Tokyo stone pls. No one is running that godawful Free Tokyo quest atm for stones, as least give them more of an out besides getting lucky and getting a tokyo bonus pass.

Not sure if anyone's said this but Weak Bullet for Gunslash
    (please :c)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_bob View Post
    Remove eggs from the game.
    Without going to such extreme lengths, I really do not see the point of eggs dropping in Special Egg format, unless it was SEGA's idea to make us spend millions more meseta at Chiara's. The element of your egg is determined by the first one you use, there is no RNG to it, so giving us the option to choose the element is a waste of time and money.

Make Ultimate relevant again.
    The only reason that mode - otherwise very fun to play - is a failure is because it's an MPA. Same with challenge mode. Same with emergencies.

Consolidate all these god damned stones into a single currency type holy shit
    They could easily create a 'currency' tab that uses no inventory space, like so many games do >_>

Didn't know you were still around, umkeru.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    The only reason that mode - otherwise very fun to play - is a failure is because it's an MPA. Same with challenge mode. Same with emergencies.
    Mining base defense is fine as an MPA.

CM is fine as an MPA. Especially before the VR decay adjustment, people had to pull their weight and be efficient.

Yamato is... sorta fine as an MPA. Problem is it's too easy; you literally can't fail it even if you went in solo (unless there's a stringent time limit I haven't paid attention to). The number of players in this quest isn't its main problem.

Most emergencies (yamato included) and MPA quests are just 'kill until' instead of 'kill before xxxx happens' (TD, CM), or some other more difficult objective, which is the main problem. I'll grant that ult is an exception to that by being a 'kill until' quest which was challenging with less people and parties thanks to AI aggression (pre-nerf), but gets steamrolled by the number of players.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; May 26, 2016 at 05:17 AM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Continuing to this thread.....

Something that I want.....
    ...and yes.. people can burn me at the stake for this..

I want an ELITE ship where one has to place to get into the ship. Where the weapons and units there are more advanced but are there due to the increased A.I, challenge and whatever is added. If such a thing existed I would do all I can to Qualify to leave Ship 2 behind...

At least with an Elite Ship in existence...
    Veteran Players can get their fix and needs met, while those who wish to have their hands held could do so in the other ships...
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Mining base defense is fine as an MPA.

CM is fine as an MPA. Especially before the VR decay adjustment, people had to pull their weight and be efficient.

Yamato is... sorta fine as an MPA. Problem is it's too easy; you literally can't fail it even if you went in solo (unless there's a stringent time limit I haven't paid attention to). The number of players in this quest isn't its main problem.

Most emergencies (yamato included) and MPA quests are just 'kill until' instead of 'kill before xxxx happens' (TD, CM), or some other more difficult objective, which is the main problem. I'll grant that ult is an exception to that by being a 'kill until' quest which was challenging with less people and parties thanks to AI aggression (pre-nerf), but gets steamrolled by the number of players.
    Well as someone who has been screwed many times over by rng when "anga farm" was a thing (200 kills 0 13*s), by 630s, by bad TD3/4 MPAs (axeon heros and what not) i was finally glad with the stone/sheet system because my gear ceiling did not depend on other people anymore, maybe you have a big team, or a lot of friends to organize TD4, i dont.

Im actually a bit glad that some people not killing a stupid missile doesnt screw my progress over, given that the collect sheets are time limited.

What would i want from this game (TL;DR AHEAD)? If i were the director i would:
    -Acknowledge "ganjins"
    -Megaserver per ship, screw block system, dearly. With the backlash of now having to deal with b01 in the main lobby.
    -Point above would need a rework and resize of lobbys to accomodate playerbase.
    -Every PA needs a custom, techs have it, not to mention "combi techs" #equality
    -Make DPS not 80% reliant on WB/Weakspots/Chain/Volg/Niche-that-bosses-can-slap-you-and-screw-you-cause-lol-cooldowns, you either nuke or do shit damage unless youŽre Fo, Su or some other classes.
    -Rework most skill trees to have less redundancy and more uniqueness to the classes
    -Let you use Subclass gear whitout nicheŽing the build
    -Remove or nerf the stupid amount of "Rare eggs" we get, or at least make them cube-able, the amount of cubes i dont get for trash eggs is ridiculous.

-Add all the stupid "2015 Gold/Silver badge" content to this and nexts year and so on badge shop, having that amount of content locked is simply silly (im the only one pissed i cant buy those camos?)

-Make craft relevant, let people Craft-Grind/Affix with higher success/risk reductions and scrap all the "support items" (now that old grinding system went down the drain and nobody will buy AC support items, its feasible)

-Make all layerwear tradeable, cast-style, screw tickets.
    -Speaking about tickets, make all Accesories/Hairs account-wide
    -Make all "booster/engine/vernier" accesories emit the same effects cast hover has
    -Speaking of which, let casts "fire and hover" with rifles/gunslash and all move-attack weapons

-Make a "rappy castle" field where you fight knight-rappies to finally get to a giant emperappy who drops 2x the amount of fodders, maybe a bonus quest gold thing.

-Allow "Tokyo Dash" at the cost of PP with maybe nerfed speed so non-guren peasants can actually travel quickly in TD

-Revamp matchmaking to avoid leechers (Atk check? minimum weapon rarity? let people decide with who the fuq they wanna run it instead of block system?)

Guess thats all for now.
    Last edited by Ziel; May 26, 2016 at 07:59 AM.
    =Ziel= Ship 02
    Ninel 90/90 Ra/Hu Gund...Cast!